how to get internet on the road

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Dalamar, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

I am going to be traveling around and doing some camping. What is the best way to get internet while traveling around the US.

I have seen those portable WiFi hot spots that are supposed to provide hi speed internet acess but have no idea how well they work or if thats the best option.

I would like to be able to still stream video, watch tv, post to forums etc...

Anyone know what the best options are?t

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

you can get a 4g aircard from most cell phone providers. My brother has one from Verizon and he gets internet pretty much everywhere.

3. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

Thank you for the response. Yea I was looking at the air cards too. That might be a better and cheaper option.

4. lode

lode Banned

Those aircards will be the cheapest option with the best speeds. And coverage is getting pretty widespread, but you will not have it way out in the boondocks. Portable wi-fi hotspots work exactly the same way that those aircards work, 3 or 4g coverage via telecom.

If you need internet everywhere, go with satellite, however, you will have limited bandwidth and it will cost more than 4g.