How To Argue For Gun Control.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maccabee, Jul 27, 2016.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I believe knowing that they won't fall into the wrong hands is evidence enough. You obviously do not believe that. Macabee, listen... Just because you aren't going to use these weapons for the wrong thing doesn't mean that no one else will. I think taking these guns off our streets is a good first step in alleviating mass shooting.

2. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

That doesn't really answer any of my questions. What evidence you have that banning so called assault weapons would be effective and of the two rifles in the picture which one is the so called assault rifle?

3. Maccabee

Long guns alone account for at most 3% of all gun crime and the so called assault rifle wich is a sub group of that make up even less. You're more likely to be killed by hands and feet than by a "assault" rifle. Not only that they don't even make the majority of mass shooting weapons. Pistols do. So why go after a semi automatic rifle that only looks like its select fire counterpart? Also while your at it please destiguish in the above photo which is an assault rifle and which isn't.

4. soulcompromise

they are both without a doubt, guns.

5. Maccabee

But which one is the assault rifle?

1 person likes this.
  6. soulcompromise

I don't want to let you put any spin on what I'm saying so I'm not going to answer that question. Assault weapons should be banned, that's where I stand without needing any further information. High capacity magazines should be banned as well. I don't need to know what the statistics are for attacks using these. I think it sends the right message. We don't tolerate terrorism in this country and tools of that trade are being banned.

7. Cybenator

Cybenator Guest

When that American dentist killed Cecil the lion, everyone blamed the man who pulled the trigger. If a human is killed, they want to blame the gun? C'mon!

1 person likes this.
  8. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

@soulcompromise: lol high capacity mags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki8-kwT2vK0

Isn't the standard M4/AR15 30 rounds? Is your argument that's too many rounds, or is it the actual caliber that frightens you?

1 person likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol. Good point. Just highlights how literally retarded some people are in their head, ya know?

1 person likes this.
  10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

[SIZE=12pt]pen[/SIZE]

As I said right at the beginning I don’t want to repeat myself but the anti gun control people force me to repeat the criticisms to repeated flawed arguments over and over - hell I’ve even had the same pro-gunner repeat the same silly argument twice in the same thread and neither time being able to address the criticisms of it.

Most are like you, they just run away when challenged. (68 words)

Oh of course you sooooo could answer the criticisms… like you know… swatting mosquitoes … it’s just…well…you know…it’s just well… you’re doing your hair that night… yes, yes…that it…you have to touch up your blond highlights or something…

Oh yeah we all believe you. (44 words)

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

[SIZE=12pt]Mac[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]But it doesn’t back up what you said or your premise that it proved Americans are more bloodthirsty and violent than other humans on the planet. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The point is many gun advocates say that gun ownership reduces crime so significantly that it outweighs the downside of VASTLY increased gun related crime and homicides. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]I’ve already presented the info on murder and crime in general and in relation to guns. Please read the posts. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Where is you evidence for that - in fact what evidence there is seems to point the other way. Countries with less ease of access to guns have reduced homicide rates. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]But that doesn’t seem to be the case [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]to repeatfor your benefit -[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The point is many gun advocates say that gun ownership reduces crime so significantly that it outweighs the downside of VASTLY increased gun related crime and homicides. But that doesn’t seem to be the case [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Then you clearly haven’t been reading the posts in the thread – how are we meant to communicate with you if don’t read the posts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]So you are not reading the posts, then why do you claim you are? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Come on man are you actually reading the posts? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]But from what you say you only read bits and bobs when you feel like it. Can you please clear up the contradiction?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]I would really recommend you read the posts in a thread rather than just cherry picking stuff [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]OK to repeat myself – A lot of time and effort has been spent trying to reduce the harm from the private ownership of automobiles. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Not only from regulators but from manufactures as well, many cars now are sold on how much safer they are. The combination of regulations and safety features mean that car accidents (and deaths from car accidents) have been falling for years (while in many cases car numbers have actually gone up). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]In the UK car related deaths have fallen over 40% in the last 40-50 years in the US they been dropping year on year and now in many US states gun deaths outnumber car related deaths.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]To argue that automobile regulation has not worked is spitting into the wind of the evidence. [/SIZE]

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Balbus

But the "car argument" is the only one they have... (no matter how flawed it is) You can't have a gun debate without someone mentioning cars... Just can't happen.

Well.... Their other argument is tyranny. You know, just in case.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

After finding out the hard way I now always argue for gun control with my clothes on.

14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Asmo

You mean you have been naked all the other times...hell i hope i can get that image out of my head. :)

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

More so 'irl'. I got the advice to be as transparant as possible in discussions. Guess i interpreted it wrong...

16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Why is it that the ones who hate guns the most are the same ones who know jack shit about them? Most don't even know the difference between a magazine and a clip without looking to google for help.

17. Maccabee

I know the M16 when it came out used 20 round mags but I think that's still too high for those who want to ban anything over ten or seven rounds.

18. Maccabee

What part of the car argument is flawed?

19. Maccabee

For some reason I couldn't quote you and had to copy and paste your post. I'll let you in on a little secret. The two guns in the picture are the same. They're both the Ruger mini 14. Both fire the same rounds (223/5.56) and both even accepts the same magazine. But politicians want to go after the bottom one because it looks scary and to hide the fact that they want to ban all guns. Also do you mean to tell me that you're going to stick to your beliefs no matter what facts are presented to you? Isn't this thread is about presenting facts to the argument? You haven't provided any other than your own opinion which is ironic since to accused me of the exact same thing.

20. Maccabee

To which I revised my statement saying that we have more gangs here in America than most of the western world.

I did, and as it turns out guns aren't the issue as England and Wales beat Switzerland and our own crime rate is either slightly above or lower than other countries.

While this link isn't exactly what you ask for it does disprove the myth of more guns equals more crime.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/05/14/disarming-realities-as-gun-sales-soar-gun-crimes-plummet/#67ed61077de9

The fact is it does. Our own gun crime rate is falling.

I do read the posts, the ones directed toward me for the most part.

Yes but I can't read every single one. I usually don't meddle in someone else's argument as you probably do the same thing.

I read the entire posts of those directed toward me or if they're on there own.

How am I'm cherry picking?

The same for gun safety. We have less accidents and overall gun deaths than before. We advocate training and more people armed. That's how you get the crime rates to drop.