how to affix mirror to ceiling?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by NikkiLou6387, Feb 15, 2009.

1. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

my boyfriend and i got an apartment together, and we want to put a mirror on the ceiling, but we also don't want to ruin the ceiling. any suggestions on how to do this?

2. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

Use a stud finder and locate the beams. Screw the mirror in using mirror clips from a hardware store, or if it has a frame just screw through it but go slow so you don't pull the frame apart.

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

haha Mothman speaking from experiance!

4. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

nah, I used those old school beds with the mirrors built in, I did screw side mirrors into the wall though. Nothing beats watching the reverse cowgirl from two angles, well actually it would be three.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

get liquid nail and a light glass mirror... sticks to ceiling..

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

I really need to work on that whole reverse cowgirl thing. It seems to be easier than forwards on top but man why can't I get my legs to go...
    oh it pisses me off to no end!

7. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

Try leaning forward and grabbing his legs to balance yourself.

8. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Not in a rental....they'd want something they could take down when they move.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

plastic mirror, cant be hung with as little as a thumb tacks. My homies put this same stuff on the back off the bar walls. From the floor to the ceiling and you couldnt even tell it was fake plastic mirror.. Only thing is with all the smoke in the bar it didnt clean very good and became foggy and streaky.. I think a smoke free room would last a while...

Its also flexible and can made to give you that fun house feel... Theres instructions on how to create backing for humps and bends, for illusions. But they didnt do all that. Its was still cool.

10. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

good advice! thanks a lot!