How Stupid Can Americans get Before the Country Falls Apart

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ~Zen~, Oct 8, 2021.

1. erofant

erofant Members

Yep - the world was coming to an end when those "sub-human" Italians and Irish were moving here. Then the Chinese. Then the forcibly-brought African people. But hey .......... all those folks were cheap / free labor-fodder for the railroad barons, the coal mine barons, the steel mill barons, the oil barons, etc. You know .......... the increasingly rich "white, respectable, pillars of the community."

So now, the "Great Replacement theory" folks are once again peddling the same garbage about black, brown, yellow, ............... well - anyone who isn't white .............. folks invading our "gentile, polite society."

I wonder how many of today's snobs are eating Italian food, Chinese food, sipping Irish whiskey, or enjoying Southern, black-inspired BBQ ribs, pulled pork??

djinx, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't think the so-called current condition of our threatened democracy should be too surprising. After all, ever since man in his ( our) present form crawled out of "the cave ", as it were, the interactions between us humans have been fraught with violence of one form or another for reasons in one form or another. As deleterious waves of passion, lust, greed, murder, mayhem and aggrandizement have swept across the ancient world and governments, religions, borders, and real or imagined reasons for such ebbs and flows have shown us ( some of us) in the "modern " world that humans are and have been creatures of chaos that seemingly cannot make this gift of life and location, work to the benefit and real life potentialities of what this life on earth could actually be.

So, our little experiment in democracy, the abject cruelty of a North Korea, the Imitation democracy of a Russia and other countries, the explicit understanding that in this modern world with the few having, owning, and controlling most everything while millions live in poverty and children starve in the streets, wars still rage in obscure places---- is really nothing new at all. What can we expect from a "modern" milieu of creatures that sprung from such ancestors as have brought us to this point in time?

As the coming decades and centuries unfold, particularly with unchecked population growth, the tacit approval that the state of enduring inequity across the world is just fine, the weapons that will most assuredly be brought to bear at some point in time, (haven't they always?) , the effects we're having on the weather / climate of our home---- I don't hold much hope that chaos, war, deprivation, will spare our democracy or any other form of government in the future. In general , we humans are big time fuck ups considering that IMO, this joint could and should be a paradise for all sentience.

3. erofant

erofant Members

^ ^ ^ ^ AMEN, Brother Scratcho !!!!!!!!! The funny part is .......... today's people like to think of ourselves as somehow "better" than past generations. We're "so above" the heathen types of yesterday. So sophisticated. So technologically advanced ............

To what end??????????????

scratcho likes this.
  4. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,Im going to cop to the Irish Whiskey charge

erofant likes this.
  5. erofant

erofant Members

Me too, Piney!!!!!!! AND the Italian & Chinese food !! I'm happy they all immigrated here - they enriched my life for sure.