How Stupid Can Americans get Before the Country Falls Apart

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ~Zen~, Oct 8, 2021.

1. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

They want us to read their books but they don't want to take time for ours?

scratcho, MeAgain and Tishomingo like this.
  2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

How ironic--Republican "snowflakes" and political correctness nuts protecting kids from being "uncomfortable". I remember Six-eyed Shaman
    going on and on about the "cultural Marxists" controlling our schools allegedly doing the same thing. Really folks, making us "uncomfortable" is what a good education should be about.

" The unexamined life is not worth living." Socrates
    "It is better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied." JS Mill

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

There should be no guarantee in education, including the guarantee one would be comfortable. Education should be about enlightenment.

erofant, scratcho, MeAgain and 2 others like this.
  4. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

’muricans don’t want to be drivin’ no pussified battery powered cars.

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  5. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

7. erofant

erofant Members

That's the whole idea, friend. Brainwashing by "no other choice." Read what we tell you ........ and adhere to it or ........ there will be consequences.

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  8. erofant

erofant Members

This is the kind of commentary / attitude I speak of when I say many here in the U.S. have a "he-man, tough-guy" problem with their own identities. If one has to talk "tough" like this ....... slip into their "John Wayne" leathers ....... I'd say they have an inner fear of some sort - or they wouldn't have to "swell up" and bluster in such ways.

Flagme15 points out a M-A-J-O-R problem with men (especially white men - and I AM one!!) here in the U.S. Many are VERY POORLY educated, they can't change their situations in life, they feel "left behind", and that their way of life is slipping away. So they "swell up", slip into their "John Wayne, tough guy leathers" and lash out - sometimes violently. When those same guys tell mask-wearing folks to "Wear a dress with that mask" or "Carry a purse too" - what does that say about their actual manhood? How childish is that? Desperate words and desperate actions by ....... desperate people.

Maybe some of those "tough guys" should come onto one of our large construction projects and tell any of us wearing masks for safety reasons that we should, "Wear a dress with that mask" or "Why don't you carry a purse with your mask? " I think it would be a real awakening for them.

By the amount of transition to electric vehicles by automakers world-wide, I'd say even the "big chiefs" know the world population is switching to cleaner modes of transportation. It won't be a matter of "driving pussified electric cars" - it'll be a matter of surviving in a rapidly changing world climate. Change or croak.

9. erofant

erofant Members

Just watch - there'll be more political killings coming. It's just like MeAgain said - if they don't get their way .........

If they'll congregate and violently storm the U.S. Capitol ........ and add to that white supremacy hatred and bigotry, pseudo-Christian extremism, and those feeling "left behind" in the economy ........ and you'll have LOTS of hatred and violence. Look for violence and killings to increase. You know ........... those nice "Christian" values and actions.

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Exactly, and I can sum it up in one word, insecurity.

scratcho and erofant like this.
  11. erofant

erofant Members

I just read an article in - of all places - Business Insider. This is a magazine by and for the business community ...... largely Republican folks. The article used a "scary Halloween" transition to a REAL SCARY reality ....... the death of democracy in the U.S. The article spelled out actions that are needed to combat authoritarianism that's taking hold here in the U.S. The article blames politicians for not having the "gall" to pass voting rights bills that are sorely needed. It's a good read with valid points. Countries with one-party, autocratic, fascist governments DO NOT prosper. Only the top leaders prosper in those countries.

If so many Americans think business leaders are "smart people" ......... then why do they not heed what actual business leaders are saying concerning the death of U.S. democracy????

I truly believe that many business leaders see the evil for what it is ...... and how an autocratic, fascist style government would be TERRIBLE for businesses of all kinds.

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I certainly agree with your statement--"Countries with one party, autocratic, fascist governments DO NOT prosper. Only the top leaders prosper in those countries. " What in the world is our excuse then ,when a tiny portion of our populace is controlling a ridiculous percentage of the wealth generated in this country, while our infrastructure falls apart, people cannot afford healthcare in many cases, people are losing their homes through no fault of their own, the rich and the corporations pay little or NO TAXES and are protected from doing so by those elected by the money of the the rich and the corporations and are firmly in their pockets, millions are homeless including children, people are starving, the right wing media and the lying right wing politicians are not held accountable for their lies--------on and on and on! People are shooting each other more and more over nothing, planes are diverted because of morons attacking the flight crews---the whole god-damned society is going cuckoo! -----WE can still get in our vehicles and drive wherever we want--we can still call our politicians fuckheads and mentally ill narcissists and not get shot or disappeared-------ooooooo------lucky us! So what then are the major differences between the two types of governments? That we can vote legitimately? Oh that's that getting taken care of as we speak!! The ones --the party--that want to make it more difficult if not impossible to vote?? You know the answer to that--or you're firmly embedded in THE CULT.

13. erofant

erofant Members

The answer lies with education. Sooo many of our citizens are very poorly educated. If we asked them to define fascism, or autocracy, or totalitarianism, - they can't. They'll offer up some jibber-jabber they heard from their favorite talk-radio cult-leader most likely. But the REAL definitions will evade them. Given the fact that so many steps have already been taken by THE REPUBLICAN PARTY to assure their future election wins - many of our fellow citizens CANNOT recognize that REAL DEMOCRACY is being gradually wrenched from them. They don't recognize that once any political party is so entrenched that any opposition - or merely suspicion of it - can result in arrest, imprisonment, violence, or execution.

"Oh ........ that'll never happen here" is the ready response. But ......... T**** has already suggested those things for his political opponents. His big-mouthed brags were recorded on TV cameras. T**** said publicly that some of his opponents should be EXECUTED !!! T****'s loyal LEMMINGS were chanting "Hang Pence. Hang Mike Pence." And Pence is a Republican !!!! And they chanted, "Hang Pelosi. We're gonna hang Pelosi." But these poorly educated dolts can't recognize insurrection and treasonous actions by T****'s "brownshirts" - even when they're TELEVISED !!! They pay no attention to history. And they certainly haven't learned from it. They can't see the parallels to past fascist dictatorships, the slow "bleeding" of freedoms, and how those dictators came to power.

And I'll wager they don't know what happens once an all-powerful dictator takes control either. Paranoia sets into the "honored leader" and everyone becomes suspect to being an opposing "traitor" to his regime. Only a small number of trusted insiders are allowed to communicate with the dictator or get near him. Anyone perceived to be "disloyal" will be arrested, thrown in prison, or killed. A very recent poll taken by a reputable polling service found that over 30% of REPUBLICANS advocate actual violence to "save" the country. I'd ask ......... save it from WHAT??? .......Democracy??? Over 30% of REPUBLICANS want actual violence. And it's caused by very, very POOR education ........ or else they'd see it for what it is - treasonous insurrection leading to fascism.

"Oh ....... that'll never happen here." Re-read the second paragraph above, and try to convince yourselves it won't happen here. It's already in the works.

MeAgain, Tishomingo and scratcho like this.
  14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

The Qanon phenomenon proves your point. For instance, they assured their followers that JFK, Jr, son of the late liberal Democrat President, whom everyone believed to have died in a plane crash, had actually been in hiding and would show up today in Dealy Plaza to become Trump's running mate. Kimmel Mocks QAnon Nuts For Their Dumbest Conspiracy Theory Yet How plausible is that? Not only that, but JFK himself would be there. Apparently ,rumors of his assassination in 1963 were greatly exaggerated and he's lived to be 104 years old!
    QAnon supporters gather over theory that JFK Jr. will emerge, announce Trump to be reinstated
    Kimmel Mocks QAnon Nuts For Their Dumbest Conspiracy Theory Yet

Hundreds showed up. No JFK, No JFK,J
    r.. This is the same bunch that told us Democrat leaders are satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles. Actor Jim Caviezel (Passion of the Christ) elaborated on this at a Q Convention in Las Vegas a week ago, where he warned that these satanists were harvesting adrenalchrome, supposedly from the adrenelene from frightened children. to serve as a psychedlic in wild satanic rites. Tales of cannibalism echo ancient Roman tales of Christian cannibalism during the mass (where a body and blood were supposedly consumed, and medieval Christian charges that Jews were using the blood of babies in their Passover bread. All of these stories are sufficiently ludicrous to support the theory that the masterminds of Q are cynically trying to see how guillible folks can be. "One born every minute", in the immortal words of P.T. Barnum, with reference to suckers.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    erofant, MeAgain and scratcho like this.
  15. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So hints of fascist tendencies spreading across America are one take away from the recent election. Bolstered by white supremacy and evangelical bigots we are retreating from a more equal society with freedom and justice for all. What the hell is wrong? Unbelievable that parents don’t want factual history taught….just the myth that has enabled segregation, bigotry, and violence to exist for far too long. Enabled by right wing buzz words, social media and conspiracy paranoia we seem to be perpetuating the most ugly elements of the past.

Perhaps I have a bad case of November despair from a lack of sunlight, but I long for a better world.

erofant and scratcho like this.
  16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Can this be real? Is all this really happening? Are this many people actually that stupid? My family has deep roots in this country----BUT---I'm not sure that it's going to be worth staying here if this obvious mental deficiency across the land gets any worse.

erofant, FritzDaKatx2 and Tyrsonswood like this.
  17. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Not to depress you more, but it's a trend that's been happening in other parts of the world as well, especially western Europe, fueled by panic over immigration and the "Great Replacement" theory of Renaud Camus (2011)--similar to fears of the "yellow peril" and Irish and Italian immigration in the nineteenth century. As for the parents and factual history, most of them unfortunately don't know much about history, but when the issue is framed in terms of parental say over their kids, they go for it. Jordan Peterson, the libertarian guru, told us that CRT was the work of "cultural Marxists" out to sow division and make white kids feel bad about themselves.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    erofant, Tyrsonswood and scratcho like this.
  18. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

I have been around but I am still dumbing down

down down down dee down down doo whomp ditty ditty down

(breaks out in news head line dance with the fanciest of moves)

scratcho likes this.
  19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yes Virginia, they are that stupid....no wait, they are even dumber than that!

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public. ~ Willie Geist

[​IMG]

erofant, wrat1 and scratcho like this.
  20. erofant

erofant Members

It's my prayer too, Granite45. But if any of us believe the Bible, it's going to get a LOT WORSE before it finally - forever - gets better.