How Stupid Can Americans get Before the Country Falls Apart

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ~Zen~, Oct 8, 2021.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I'm having trouble unpacking this post, but here's what I got.
    The various Covid-19 vaccines were not developed at warp speed from scratch. COVID-19 is a type of corona virus, same as SARS-CoV-2. Development of a prototype corona virus vaccine was begun I believe in 2003. This led to a vaccine that was then modified for Covid-19.

Vaccine mandates are standard practice in the U.S..
    Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and Martha Washington, were inoculated with an experimental vaccine for smallpox in the 1720s.
    George Washington mandated smallpox vaccine for troops and militias in 1776.
    Since then troops have been vaccinated for smallpox up until the first World War.
    In 1850 Massachusetts mandated vaccines for schools.
    By 1900 almost half of the states mandated vaccines for schools.
    In War World II vaccines for influenza, tetanus, cholera, diphtheria, plague and yellow fever were mandated as well as smallpox.
    By 2006 13 vaccines were mandated for the military with additional vaccines added depending on deployment.
    By 1963 Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico mandated vaccines for schools.

Currently primary school registration and most colleges mandate a variety of vaccines including those for "four doses of Diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP), four doses of polio (IPV), two doses of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), two doses of chickenpox, Hepatitis B, and pneumococcal conjugate (PCV13), and haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib).
    Many health-care and child-care workers are mandated vaccines for Hepatitis B, influenza, measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, pneumococcal disease and varicella.
    So I don't know why there is a problem with a COVID-19 vaccination mandate.

I have no idea what blindly following the science means.
    Personal risk management is an argument for buying a parachute off the internet and not checking it out before jumping out of an airplane. If it fails no one is hurt but you. Personal risk management is not a valid argument when not choosing to get vaccinated can lead to infecting other people.

I don't know what precepts under which America was founded you are talking about as I have shown vaccine mandates are a part of U.S. history.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    djinx, wrat1, erofant and 4 others like this.
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Personal Risk Management is an awesome concept; however, it does not grant you the privilege of spreading a disease to others. An epidemic triggers the government authority to step in and manage the danger and the risk to the general population. The right wing nuts always gripe about freedom of choice and declare their patriotism; however, they do not want others to have the freedom to vote and bring about change. The very concept of freedom means one has a right to change. The Trump supporting imbecilic persons who wear MAGA hats want to make America Great Again. They need to see two issues here as they lower their heads and charge forward. (1) To make America great again implies that at some point it was great and is now no longer so. What is meant by that premise? (2) Demanding that they have a right to make America great again implies that others are not free to bring about change. So, by demanding that they have the great American liberty of "personal risk management" in cases of COVID 19 legal mandates, the rest of us easily see that this same imbecilic crowd does not want women to have "personal risk management" in medical situations. Restrictions on women who wish to engage in "personal risk management" is very relevant here; but, the right wingers don't seem to get it, huh? The Trump supporters want medical liberty for themselves but not for others, huh? When it come to change, they want to change backwards not forwards, huh?

Flagme15, djinx, Tishomingo and 3 others like this.
  3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

(stamps feet--pooches lips)--you ainta gonna tell me whut ta do. Ima a murcan --n free!!!

There is no bottom.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    Flagme15, erofant, granite45 and 4 others like this.
  4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

We can always give them the choice of being herded into camps and isolated from the rest of the world. We can make sure all the camps have big ovens, so they feel at home.

5. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Unfortunately, I think that may be what they have in mind for us!

erofant, stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  6. stormountainman

Two nights ago I was listening to a radio talk show about the Bible and the End of Times. I heard the speaker say they will be taken up into the heavens during the rapture and will fly back to earth with Jesus so they can help kill all the Muslims ... so they can establish the Kingdom of God on Earth!

7. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I hope those people have a small audience, but it's probably larger than I think!

8. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Can we have your sources ? I mean specifically the fact that a coronavirus vaccine was in the works 20 years ago, because it is mighty interesting. You see, my friends jumped aboard the no vax bandwagon and while I fear they're beyond help , we could try to sow the seed of doubt in those noggins.

scratcho likes this.
  9. MeAgain

Sure.
    Vaccine development against coronavirus (2003 to present): An overview, recent advances, current scenario, opportunities and challenges

Credit for Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine belongs in part to discoveries dating back 15 years. The team behind it was inspired by two infant deaths.

10. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Groovy, bro, blessings
    [​IMG]

11. erofant

erofant Members

The MRNA "outline" / "framework" has been established by infectious disease researchers. Now that that the "way into" some viruses has been discovered - and I don't claim to know the detailed mechanics of the process - variations of certain viruses can be attacked more easily by "custom-tailoring" vaccines using the established "framework" of the passageways into those viruses.

Look at it this way .....

If certain viruses are "locks" - think of the established "entry framework" to those viruses as "master keys."

MeAgain likes this.
  12. erofant

erofant Members

^^^^^ I read and listen to infectious disease experts ........... REAL ONES ........... when they explain the methods of how they can now custom-tailor some vaccines. I'm no virus expert by any means!! Just repeating what they've said on TV and in press releases.

13. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Employees of The City of New York just conducted protests against mandatory vaccinations. Its not all Trumpers people. Tis hard to put all anti-vaxers in one political box.

Plenty of smart, well educated people believe in the Russia-gate conspiracy, even to this day.
    so yes, sometimes Vanity tops Intelligence.

14. MeAgain

More idiots.

stormountainman likes this.
  15. wooleeheron

Its not just vanity. Some 90% of Americans have convinced themselves they are smarter than the rest, and better at detecting things like fake news. They also tend to ignore anything they believe contradicts conventional wisdom, even though nobody has ever proved it exists. They are a culture of compulsive liars, and with Donald Duck spouting 4,000 blatant lies in office alone, and Fox News and the Tea Party spouting nonstop garbage, the only thing to trust the mass media with is your garbage. A quarter of Americans still claim the sun revolves around the earth, because they don't trust their own teachers.

16. erofant

erofant Members

Because of mainly one person - T****, with his "birtherism" LIE as the START of volumes of other LIES and doubt-sowing .......... T-R-U-T-H and FACTS have been relegated to history, replaced by what flavor lights up one's taste buds at any given moment. If ever human behavior in the U.S. has copied that of the rodents called LEMMINGS - the last 4 to 6 years has been it. (For those who don't know what lemmings are - they're a small rat-like rodent that has the natural habit of running blindly after the leader of the pack as that leader runs headlong off a cliff. Those actions lead to their destruction as they blindly follow that leading lemming to their deaths.)

So because of the LIES and DOUBTS sown by T****, we now have a country that trusts nothing or no one. Think about what the loss of trust does in a marriage ........... and we, as a country, now have system-wide and institution-wide distrust. All because sooo many people listened and followed a LYING, SELF-CENTERED, NARCICISSTIC SWINDLER by the name of T****. That's EXACTLY why U.S. banks would NOT lend him any more money - they saw him for what he is ........ a LYING, SELF-SERVING F-R-A-U-D. So T**** had to go to European banks begging for loans. ( Deutche Bank, Credit Suisse and others)

If U.S. banks wouldn't lend him any more money, why in GOD'S name did so many Americans place their trust in a 100% complete FRAUD??? People say, "Well - he made billions so he knows what he's doing." Yes ..... he made HIMSELF billions - by lying, cheating, and bullshitting his way through life. He swindled and cheated other individuals and businesses out of being paid on many projects. He DID NOT make other people rich - quite the contrary. So why did the American people think and trust he'd make THEM rich with good-paying jobs????? T**** ONLY CARES ABOUT T****. Forget the magical dream ......... because that's all it ever was ...... a big FAT DREAM.

The carnage left by the LIES and actions of one man (???), has caused us to be a country divided, trusting nothing and no one, hating each other, and probably bringing about the destruction of democracy and freedom as we have known it for 245 years. The very foundations of the U.S.A. have been attacked - freedom and democracy, the 3-branch system of government, laws themselves, our court systems, our election system. AUTHORITARIAN FASCISM is on the way in, and our kids and grandkids will suffer terribly. Don't think so??? Look up the definition of fascism and what happens / how it happens ......... and then try to convince yourselves it's not happening here at the hands of THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. The U.S.A. doesn't even have 20 years left as a free society / democracy. I've been saying that since about 2017. Just watch how elections are restricted and how voting districts have been / are being gerrymandered. THE REPUBLICAN PARTY has gerrymandered and restricted voting access so only they can win. They packed the courts all around the U.S. so they get decisions made how they want them. Those are just 2 steps that are FASCIST in nature. Having only 1-party, PARTISAN poll watchers & vote counters is another. Those are things that happen in Russia, China, North Korea, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Myanmar, Venezuela, Columbia, Haiti, and other countries around the world. If anyone in those countries doesn't like how the country is being run - and speak out about it, or try to run as a political opponent to the dictator ........ they end up dead or in prison and tortured. (recall how T**** said his political rivals should be locked up, even executed. T**** also said he thought he should be able to remain as president for life ....... shades of Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jung Un, Assad, Erdogan, and other global dictators.) THIS IS AUTHORITARIAN, FASCIST DICTATORSHIP !!!!

Because of the stupidity of soooo many Americans - who don't know fascism from funnel cakes - this is where the U.S. is headed. GOD SAVE US FROM OURSELVES.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Flagme15 and scratcho like this.
  17. stormountainman

I often listen to conservative Christian radio talk shows at night. Lately, I have been hearing radio pastors who claim they are "Doctors" as in a college degree from some backwoods Missouri university which is located in the back parts room of some transmission shop. And I have been hearing them say they intend to bring about the Kingdom Of God On Earth. Their plan is to go up and meet Jesus in the sky when the Rapture takes place. The Bible does not mention the Rapture, but the leadership insists it will happen ... any day now. After their meeting with Jesus, they intend to return to Earth and help Jesus kill off all none Christians. They even used the term "Total Devastation" because that is what their God wants. It is an ethnic cleansing on a staggering scale. They want to have their Christian environment at any cost, even the cost of millions and billions of human lives. Keep in mind that comes from the same crowd which is constantly preaching about "The Right To Life" within the context of abortion rights for women. Additionally, when it comes to women on this Earth, they are starting to attack the concept of "Divorce On Demand" because it is so anti-Christian in their opinion. After having established severe restrictions in several southern states - on women's liberties - now they have started to go after marriage oath and easy divorce. They want to hold a woman to her oath. On the radio, you can hear them say marriage should be limited to a biological male and female ... you know ... they want to check that one has an "inny" and the other an "outty" before the county clerk hands out the marriage certificate.

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  18. wooleeheron

Someone should tell them their population has been imploding faster than any other since the invention of modern birth control, and they should attempt to ban birth control.

19. scratcho

A Texas republican , Matt Krause, wants to know and has requested the whereabouts of and how many copies of 850 books that may cause students to feel uncomfortable are in the Texas school system. Anything CRT, of course---Fahrenheit-451 anyone? Erofant's post 136 above is so important for people to read and believe. This quest for books in schools of which right wingers disapprove is just another step in the authoritarian , fascist movement in the myriad steps that those on the right in this country are taking to cancel any progress in race relations, equity in the monetary system, fairness in and respect for those that are other than straight white people, respect for the earth even if it means mass death of humans and animals-( got 'ta keep that money rollin' in regardless of consequences). The hologram in the movie THX-1138 astutely said--"it happened so slowly that most men didn't even notice." A little here, a little there and first thing you know--our country will be unrecognizable and twisted so far out of shape from the grand experiment that was given us by the forefathers of this country--with their warts and all, that it will be too late to do anything at all to bring sanity back to the fore. They may get their 1000 year Reich after all.

I'll be dead, but I can certainly see the day coming when those who like me and the others in here and all other media will have to watch our/ their asses or be GONE. Trump doesn't mince his words and I don't for a second doubt that he and those who worship him would resort to ANYTHING to get and keep power, just like in Russia, China, N. Korea and many other countries do, including murders and disappearances.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    erofant, djinx, Flagme15 and 3 others like this.
  20. scratcho

Oh and by the way--the big time global warming conference coming up-----how in the hell is ANYTHING going to work when auto companies the world over are STILL CRANKING OUT MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF VEHICLES THAT DEPEND ON BIG OIL!!

erofant and stormountainman like this.