How Stupid Can Americans get Before the Country Falls Apart

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ~Zen~, Oct 8, 2021.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

You are funny even when you don't intend to be!
    Yes almost everybody was down trodden and taken advantage of...that's why they formed unions! Read up on union history some time.

Let's see what laws were crafted due to unions?
    Let me relist a few:
    The five day work week.
    All breaks at work, including lunch breaks.
    Paid vacation.
    Family medical leave.
    Sick leave.
    Social security.
    Minimum wage.
    Civil Rights Act/Title VII.
    Eight hour work day.
    Overtime pay.
    Child labor laws.
    Occupational Safety & Health Act.
    Forty our work week.
    Worker's compensation.
    Unemployment insurance.
    Many pensions.
    Employer health care insurance
    Collective bargaining.
    Wrongful termination laws.
    Age Discrimination laws.
    Whistleblower protection.
    Employee Polygraph Protect Act.
    Veteran's Employment and Training Service.
    Sexual harassment laws
    Americans With Disabilities Act.
    Holiday pay.
    Dental, life, and vision insurance.
    Privacy rights.
    Pregnancy and parental leave.
    Military leave.
    The right to strike.
    Public education.
    Equal Pay for women.
    Laws ending sweatshops .

Now which ones do you disagree with?
    Then you go on to a rant about teacher bashing. All they want is money, look at how many millionaire teachers we have! My God, they drive around in their Maseratis, Ferraris, and Rolls Royces, destroying schools, robbing the rich, and pushing for greater segregation of schools and society. All the while waving their Confederate flags and teaching science!

[​IMG]
    But why pick on teacher's unions? Simple, right wing idiots fall for the tactic of blaming all of societies ills on teachers so that a lot of money can be made by privatizing public schools.

2. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Not to even mention the number of infiltrators in the public sector actively pushing the transition via ridiculous policies that do little more than help ensure enough students fall through the cracks so as to turn public opinion against the educators when in fact the real failure is upon the parents for their lack of interest in what's really going on at the local school board meetings and in front of their TV sets at home, but of course most parents are busy working either two jobs or a lot of overtime just to survive so,,,
    Make a circus and the clowns will appear

3. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The reference to “won’t back down” is ironic. The movie of the same name a number of years ago was a viscous attack on teachers unions funded by the ultra conservative Anschutz group of Denver. Why is the ultra-rich see every attempt by middle class people to better themselves as a threat to their own insatiable greed? I haven’t trusted Maggie Glyllenhaal since her participation in that piece of shit movie.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    erofant likes this.
  4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Targeting Teachers: FAQ on the Film ‘Won’t Back Down’
    Etc. All pure bullshit to distract the rubes into blaming each other while the rich suck them dry.

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Statistically, good guys tend to finish first, but bad guys stay in positions of authority longer, and are encouraged by at least a third of the population. Society, including judges, encourage assholes to go through the backdoor if necessary. Bulliest tend to start with bullying their friends, and scum floats to the top, because society demands it.

Conducting my own informal survey for ever a decade, I discovered almost nobody knew the dictionary merely contains popular definitions, nor did they care in the slightest to learn almost everyone they know lies all the time, and promotes bullshit and lies. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit, and encourage the Three Stooges to argue over the definition of stupid.

Teachers unions can kiss my ass! They have raised the current generation of compulsive liars who elected Donald Duck.

6. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, as it turns out, what you think *I* should do is based on a false assumption, dude. I don't need to "go out", okay, I have teachers in the family. And friends. Quite a handful over the years. I know a thing or two about the schedules and duties. Alright. It's a little hard for me to make tears for my pisswater stout (9,x%) after graduating and working a career as the other kind of EE. Yeah, we couldn't get through school if we partied like education students. Much less even begin to compare our career tenacity. It's a whole nother plane but yet they "deserve" similar salaries.

7. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Silly question, but really curious: why would they wait until they're five years behind before raising the flag??? That blows my mind!!

8. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Yeah, I miss him too.

I can deal with mean tweets and quips when stuff is affordable and readily available.

But that wasn't good enough for some. Wusses now be talkin' stupid shit and makin' life harder.
    Let's go Brandon!

9. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

How do you know it wouldn't have happened anyway? And regardless, what are they needed for now?

To make sure everybody's forced to wear masks all the time lest face dire consequences? That's helpful... But we can do it without em. Really.

I get it that people benefiting from the system will defend it. The more they benefit, the harder they fight. They don't want parents benefiting from lower cost higher quality education that adding competitive privatizing to the mix promises because they would have to give up control and position.

So, why do they make up lies wording things in crafty ways to throw people off the scent of truth and betterment? Simple, they just need a solid half of the population to fall for the tactic and so they aim for the gullible neurotic left wing idiots.

It's easy because the left wing idiots fall hard whenever it's hinted that the idea will help only the very poor because they live in fear that their own house of cards will get toppled if the passing wolf decides to huff and puff.

Let's let competition set the market rate of cost/quality and get the burócrata out. It's coming out of your pocket anyway, alright? So let's get better results with our money.
    Anyone saying no to that is getting power or money out of the current clusterfk.

10. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

So, you're placing the responsibility on the parents to educate their kids (as any good right winger would) but simultaneously support teachers unions which violently oppose any form of choice to the parents of school options to send their kids with taxpayer dollars (like any communist)?
    Interesting conundrum there.

In the news for the last few months, we've seen parents flooding these school board meetings and demanding they start acting like educators who respect and honor the people and country. They've been met with violent opposition from those trying to divide and denigrate the people and the country, curiously enough, within the establishment.

11. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Great revelation!
    It's rewarding that you're seeing the light.
    It happens on both sides of the aisle, the difference being the guys on the right want to let everyone have an opportunity to give it a go while those on the left feed you with lies and policies to prevent you from having a chance while they maintain their elite status. Very conniving.

Who's running these teachers unions and what are their net worths...hmmm?

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Vice President Harris slams 'shameful past' of Columbus Day | TheHill

I think she's outstanding!

What's being said is an echo of all that we learned in college about what was really happening when America (and South America, and everywhere...) was colonized.

What happened is finally being told. I hope that history books will forever change the way our children understand colonialism, and stifle the useless ranting of the old worldview.

I believe in critical race theory.

I am a proponent of the philosophy that race and gender are social constructs. And even though they play an important role in our identity, tradition, and culture.

I believe in Kamala Harris. I think it's an acknowledgement - a start of something new... and not only for Native Americans! No... This will change the way Caucasian children, Hispanic children, African American children, Asian children, my own children! understand and develop into a society! Yes, they will recognize their responsibility to other cultures because it will be indoctrinated into their understanding of our history - its victories, and grievous mistakes!

Well, that is all. I'm proud of our country for owning up and genuinely look forward to any further correspondence between tribe and political agency, and any further news article that reports our progress in that direction.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    MeAgain and Flagme15 like this.
  13. soulcompromise

Very nice!

May I?

I would tend to agree with anyone who is demanding parents be responsible, however our educators are the primary link between our children and their education - it's the teacher ultimately who will need to be good at teaching. But that's neither here nor there, and doesn't seem to be what you're talking about...

Teachers unions are there to make sure competitive pay and reasonably generous benefits are given. I think they do their part. It's not the unions who oppose things.

And I think that what teachers are in opposition to (as I understand it) is parents literally choosing what version of history is taught at the school. These parents oppose critical race theory, which is not really a matter of opinion - at least not to anyone who will listen to facts, ratios, numbers, etc.

The opposition states that the message - race is a social construct, racism is systemic and locked into our tradition... it's part of a larger societal problem, and gender (which maybe doesn't need to be addressed to my sixth grader who will no doubt wear a dress to church... :D (I don't actually have a sixth grader - yet...)) ...

that the message deteriorates our existing society.

I don't wholly disagree... But I would argue that it actually puts the onus on our adult population to adapt to these new sociological/humanitarian findings.

We've discovered factually that these things exist*. Particularly with race, but I also see the social construct with gender; though being a straight male in a newly engaged relationship I find myself frequently seeing where others may be going like, "so what's the problem?".

The problem though is real. And it's gigantic.

We must coach our elders - explain to them wtf all this means... every responsible respected newspaper, broadcast, and website in America should be making it their business to provide objective reporting on critical race theory - understand it, question it, examine it, AND GET USED TO IT.

---------
    I found this article. But were you talking about the debate in America's classrooms that I mention here? I didn't read back through the whole thread...

Critical race theory in the classroom: Understanding the debate - ABC News (go.com)

14. erofant

erofant Members

Thanks, Tish - for this info. I'll have to save my posts if they take more than a few lines.

15. soulcompromise

:laughing:

16. erofant

erofant Members

YES!!!!!!! People are so stressed at their jobs and in their daily lives / survival, they don't want to add more by thinking about politics and/or religion - politics for sure. Once people vote ...... if they vote ...... they adopt a kind off "hands-off " attitude. They want to "let them" - the elected - take care of everything. Would any of us do that same thing with ALL of our earthly possessions - kids, money, property - and say, "you guys take care of those" ???? Hell no, we wouldn't. We'd want to handle those things ourselves, or at least keep an eye on all of them. But we "hand off " - turn our backs on - the very things that ALLOW us to function as free people in a free society .......... namely our political system of government. We "trust" politicians to maintain our free, fair, and democratically elected government. We've taken our eyes off the PRIZE ......... a FREE, DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY.

In the last couple years we've seen what the price is for taking our eyes off what really matters. The "trusted" have become the criminals, attempting to overturn a free and fair election based on ............. LIES. Led by a "man" (???) who craved - and was drunk on - power his entire life in all his business dealings. A LIAR, a CHEAT, a SWINDLER, a self-centered CORRUPT individual ......... who showed his "stripes" publicly over decades of his life.

The reason so many people bought into the LIES and "drank the Kool-Ade" is because of VERY POOR education. Having a better education would have kept so many people from being DECEIVED. Better education and a better sense of history would have squashed the LIES and MISINFORMATION right away. The lack of education - from school / college - or the ongoing, life-long, SELF-MOTIVATED variety, is due to LAZINESS. If we, as a society, are willing to "let those guys handle it" - and pay no attention - should we be surprised when sleazy, self-centered, CORRUPT criminal types eagerly grab the controls??????

17. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well Danny Boy, I trust that these folks are finally paying Real Estate Tax instead of one giant tax deduction. carry on.

hotwater likes this.
  18. erofant

erofant Members

As for this "Trudging" dolt ..........

My wife was a teacher, and worked MUCH LONGER HOURS that what you seem to claim. And I PERSONALLY stayed after school with teachers to get extra help and AID IN GIVING EXTRA HELP to other students. If your "friends and relatives" who you claim are teachers refused to give students extra help - they shouldn't have been teachers in the first place. I know of NO TEACHER who refused extra help to any student. And I know - have witnessed - teachers correcting papers and reading student book reports & essays as late as 10:00 pm.

How teachers today can endure classroom chaos, lack of respect, and even violence is beyond me. Those bad behaviors point to one thing - and ONE THING ONLY - lack of good parenting. Many so-called "parents" today won't even teach their own kids to respect teachers and "their elders." Carrying a gun into school wasn't even a thought in anyone's head when I was in school. A fist fight between 2 boys off school property was the worst thing that happened in any school year - and that was rare. Today - "adult parents" come into school or even to teachers' homes to confront them with violence. School shootings by students are not even big news anymore. Is any of this the TEACHERS' FAULT????? NO - NO it's the parents' fault for not teaching their own kids right from wrong, and not putting consequences on bad actions by their kids.

Is EVERY union teacher perfect?? NO - but the picture you and other self-serving, right-wing nut cases paint is that all union teachers are bad ........ A 100% LIE. The truth is, most are very dedicated to teaching, and it's WHO THEY ARE. Their lives are all about teaching. If society needs to see how to act uprightly, obey our laws, be good citizens, care about our neighbors, care about REAL freedom & democracy, and a healthy environment for our future ...... you'd have us look to right-wing, corporate CEO's and executives - and multi-billionaire business moguls like Rupert Murdoch???? !!!!! We may as well look to Satan to get advice on how to be a good guy!!!!!!!!

Your thinly-veiled argument is against any union - because it serves the self-interests of those already-rich, GREEDY types who want to pocket multi-millions or BILLIONS from privatizing schools FOR PROFIT. And all we need to do is look at any other "for profit" corporation or entity to see HOW they maximize profits (the only thing that matters to them) ........... cut staff, reduce pay, eliminate benefits, cut hours, and pile ever more work onto fewer individuals. People like you think working people - even the well-educated, self-motivated, highly-skilled ones - are just fodder for the rich ...... should be kept low-paid & financially "needy & desperate." That way those working people are forced to remain under the thumbs of the rich corporate executives. In economics, it's called "the carrot and the stick" principle. It's a de-humanizing principle that equates people to animals - who are kept motivated to move by offering " just enough carrot " - but not too much (keep pay low, good bottom line). Beside my technical field training, I also took economics in school and college to get a handle on how money and power actually behave. The shackling and undermining of the labor force was front and center. It's the foundation of ALL REPUBLICAN LEGISLATION concerning working Americans. Teachers are just the latest "villain" in THE REPUBLICAN PARTY'S never-ending attacks on working Americans. Right-wing nut cases (F** and OAN are prime examples) are financed by the corporate rich to be their mouth-pieces to stir up doubt, misinformation, distrust, and hatred. Teachers are taking the brunt of their latest attacks.

This is a well-documented script seen for years. It's the easiest, quickest way to huge riches for the few "hungry enough to go for the gusto." Now they want to apply that GREEDY, CORPORATE mentality to our U.S. education system. (which then will NOT teach any truths that don't serve the self-interests of the right-wing power-hungry, GREEDY folks.)

I was educated in public schools, by UNION TEACHERS, who LOVED teaching all of us. We keep in contact with several of our much older teachers who are still alive today. Thank GOD for them and their fellow teachers!!!!! The education I got has served me very well throughout my life, as well as my wife's education has for her.

FritzDaKatx2, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  19. erofant

erofant Members

Spot-on Granite45.

The rich know economics. They realize that if people make a decent-enough salary / wage, they might have enough disposable income to save & invest - and eventually become financially secure enough to quit their company. All that experience goes out the door. (notice all the offers of higher pay, benefits and bonuses recently because workers don't want to risk their lives with Covid exposure at work??) Businesses need experienced workers - especially ones with multiple, higher skill sets. Those highly skilled, well-educated people can't be replaced easily ......... so the workers now have slightly more leverage when it comes to pay & benefits.

This is exactly what people like the Anschutz group, Rupert Murdoch, the Koch brothers, Carl Icahn, T****, (T**** has been that way all his life) Betsy DeVoss (multi-billionaire who was T****'s Secretary of Education - any wonder WHY?? Attack teachers in every possible way.) .......... pick any ultra-rich person or family. They ALL think workers are to be USED to further & increase their fortunes. If middle class people get too financially secure and independent - that throws a wrench into the plans of the very rich. It'll mean a little less for their own "pies."

Can't be having THAT, now can we???

scratcho, granite45 and MeAgain like this.
  20. erofant

erofant Members