How sensitive is the hair folicle test?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by Tigerhead, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Tigerhead

Tigerhead Member

My employer has been using random urine testing but they are going to start using the hair test in about two months. I smoke sparingly because of the urine testing. I smoke with the little one hitter that looks like a cigarette, usually 1 hit a day. Sometimes I'll go a few days without smoking to keep it from building up in my system. I'm smoking good stuff but not hydro killer weed. I have been urine tested four times and I always pass. They usually let us know an hour or so before hand and I immediately empty my bladder and drink three or four bottles of water.....works for me! My question is whether they will be able to detect the small amount I'm using with a hair test.

2. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

You're screwed.

3. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

Too bad.. because you are following the right procedure for the pee test.. that sucks

DOT?.... I hope this isn't a new trend

4. Tigerhead

Tigerhead Member

I'm afraid this is a new trend. They know they can detect more drugs being used over a longer period of time. I believe it may even be cheaper. I was hoping the detection threshold level would be high enough to allow minimal use of marijuana. I live in Texas and the laws are very restrictive when it comes to medical use. In all honesty, I run the risk because it helps me sleep and it's natural. I could go to a doctor and have something pharmaceutical prescribed, but I don't know what the long term effects might be. I've been using marijuana for a long time and have never felt that my long term health was an issue. Years ago I smoked it in great quantities, but these days I prefer light use regardless of my employers testing. Well, I guess I'm going to have to use other means to de-stress. More exercise wouldn't kill me.

5. MJAwareness

MJAwareness Member

The hair test can detect any usage as far back as six months and then it gets a little shady as far as accuracy goes. Not to scare you, dude, but if I were you I wouldn't touch the stuff from here until then and go ahead and cut ALL the hair on your body down to just stubble. Let it grow out over the next couple months and maybe a week before the test, do it again. You might have a chance... usually they don't fire you if your usage hasn't been recent.

As far as cost goes, more companies are leaning towards the saliva test because the only thing it's NOT accurate with is marijuana. It can only test Marijuana back about a day. Tested with my fiance, she smoked all day on Saturday and they swabbed her mouth on Monday - got hired that same week no issues.

The hair test is like 90 dollars per test... very expensive investment for a company to make every month per employee. Either they're bullshitting you or they are not planning on testing you as often.

Good luck homie.

6. grmrp4

grmrp4 Member

Actually the hair test is more expensive its about 60 bucks and the piss test are about 20 to 30.. i know this from experience my x girl friend once hair tested me because she thought i was doing coke because i always have a runny nose exept when i smoke my holy goodness (weed)..