How saw....?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by colombianhippie, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Mui

Mui Senior Member

it was a remake of a movie that was made to create hatred amongst jews... there is no denying the anti seminitism in it.

Its a shitty movie

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

How was it created to make people hate Jews?

3. atropine

atropine Member

it shows the jews as the people who basically sent jesus to the cross, when it was entirely up to the romans. i knew people who went from not even knowing that jesus was jewish to hating every jew in the world because "the jews killed jesus". and this change in idealogy wasnt an uncommon thing to happen around the world

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

It was based on a midevil play called the passion that was purposelly used to incite people aginst the jews....

Nobody really knows much about the way jesus died.

But aside from that, it was just a bad movie, it was violent and boring at the same time, which is hard to do...

maybe if ya getta hard on for seeing your savior being tortured you'd like that movie, but not otherwise.

5. Duck

It's based on the Bible. The Bible says that his people (jews) betrayed him (mainly the pharisses) and gave him to the Romans, Pontius Pilate (sp?) didn't want to kill him but couldn't risk the jews revolting.
    The midieval play is called 'The Passion' and this is called 'The Passion of the Christ' because Jesus' crucifying is called 'The Passion of Christ'
    It has nothing to do with the midieval play except for the same source, ala The Bible
    Basically the Jews did kill Jesus. It was all meant to happen, though. This movie made that clear. The movie was about Jesus' suffering and death not the fact that Jews killed Jesus.

6. Duck

It was not entirely up to the romans (see above post)
    People that hate Jews cause of this are just plain stupid. The movie does not make people stupid it only (like everything else) allows stupid people to take it out of context.

P.S. I had to read through the damn Bible during my confirmation (I also had to do 50 hours of community service, that's irrelevent though), we got quizzed on it and all. I know a lot about the subject.
    Funny thing is I'm not religous and only went through the conformation for my Mom and reading the Bible made me transition from a 'non-believer' to an athiest

7. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

It is refreshing to see someone who understands that