How old

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by FoolinTheRain, May 17, 2004.

1. FoolinTheRain

FoolinTheRain Member

Just wondering how people were when they either first realized and accepted they were gay, or when they came out too peers/family

I was 15 when I came like halfway out to some close friends, and now I'm sixteen and fully out to the world
    anyhoo

2. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

i was 12, 13, 14 when i was trying to come to grips with the fact that i was different. not in terms of sexuality, because i was not sexually active at those ages but that i felt like people didn't understand me or treat me the way i wanted to be. at about 14 i started to have feelings for girls and chalked my discomfort around others up to my sexuality. once i realized it and began dealing with it things became easier. at 15 i came out to my mom and one of my friends. that one friend told everyone and anyone until the entire population of this town knew. then i figured fuck it and told my dad. then somehow the rest of my family found out and now at 17 i really don't care less who knows.

3. Patch

Patch Member

i knew when i was 13...and i told my friends that i was bi...not wanting to commit all the way just in case...14/15 i had my first girlfriend...and by then i knew i was gay...and i told most of my friends that i was gay...then eventually the school found out...i'm sure parents around town know...but i haven't told either of my parents or my brother...or anyone in my family...i almost did today because my mom and brother and i were talking about gay marriage...but i chickened out...yeah...basically everyone knows except my parents...i won't deny it anymore...if someone asks i just tell them the truth...

4. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I'm kinda in the same situation with you, Patch. Just about everyone knows except for my family. I've tried finding the courage to tell them, but just when I think they're going to survive the news, they go and do something like heading down to the stadium to a "sanctity of marriage" rally while I'm out there with my picket signs. AARRRGGHHH!!!!!!:mad:

But that's a little off topic. I was 17 when I had my first M2M sexual encounter. But it wsn't until i was 19 that I accepted that I really was bisexual and it wasn't a phase or experimentation.

5. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

I had obsessive crushes on women all throughout childhood and junior high, but the thought of myself being a lesbian never even REMOTELY entered my head. Well, one time it did when I was about 13 and wrote about something that "is kind of a problem, but it isn't, really" - regarding a particular infatuation with my basketball coach at the time. That was the first time I actually recognized the concept and wrote the word "gay."

Then freshman year of high school I fell head over heels in love with a girl two years older named Kristin and that was that. Thought I was bi...didn't tell a soul except for my best friend Nick, who as it turns out, is also gay, for a year. 15 and 16 were really tough.

Over the past year, however, I've come to terms both with the fact that I'm a lesbian and with coming out to everyone I know. Everyone does know now, which is a nice feeling - generally a supportive community and very supportive family. So at 17, I'm out.

6. Flowerchild

Flowerchild Member

I'm kinda like rock'n roll girl. I had HUGE crushes on so many girls, esp. last year in the winter....but i never really thought it was a crush, I thought I just really liked her as a friend...then along came my exgirlfriend last year in june, we started going out when I was really drunk so I couldn't chicken out. Stupid me still didn't realize that I was bi..."it's just a phase" nobody really knew about me and my gf. Then I came to the US and met this awesome, awesome lesbian couple, everybody accepted them and soon I had a gf and everybody accepted me. So everybody I know here knows that I'm bi. But in Germany...my sister knows, 2 or 3 of my friends know, but that's all. I'm so scared of telling my family!
    Oh well, you probably don't wanna here this anyways!
    Thanks for listening...

7. SunshineLily

SunshineLily Member

I was 14, same age as when I got my first boyfriend...

Love, Peace, Joy, HOpe, Freedom, Peace and Health... Always
    - Sunshine Lily
    xxx