How old were you when you had your first child?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by feministhippy, Jan 12, 2005.

1. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

Pregnancy gives me hella acne
    I will pass on making more people

2. Rosehippy

Rosehippy Banned

30. Glad i didn't have one in my 20's. I did everything late...left school then travel, then study, then some serious work then partnered up and had kids. Didn't study til 24 so the order worked well for me. It's quite the norm now to do the kids thing in the 30's, so i didn't feel like an old mum.

3. europa

europa Member

I don't have one yet. I think it must be my late 20s or early 30s.

4. kimockrocks

kimockrocks Member

If this is for women I'm Sorry but my wife and I had our girls at 23&25. We are both 29 and our girls will be 6 & 4.......starting school YESS! No more day care expenses yaaaay lol

5. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

18. Age doesn't define your parenting. I wouldnt go back and change anything. She is 13 months now, the only thing in life that keeps me happy. I had plans and dreams, now I have someone to share those with me :) she will likely be my only child unless I have another miracle so I'm going to do everything I wanted with her by my side

6. planb

planb Member

^^^ outstanding attitude, my first when is was 24,then 27

7. Sazzles

Sazzles Member

I was 16 when i had my first

8. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

I was 19.

9. LadyAvenger

LadyAvenger Member

I was 18.

Very rarely does anyone make it to 30.

10. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I made it to 41.

11. Miss_Rogue

Miss_Rogue Guest

23. Went through college, got to travel. Perfect timing for us. I'll be 41 when she's a freshman in college. Then, we can go travel again!

12. Sassygurl

Sassygurl Member

I was 17 when I had my first and then 33 and 36 for the next two. Big age gap as I wanted to finish high school, go to University and start my career. I find I had more energy when I was a younger mom but I have more patience and appreciation for how quick it goes by as an "older" mom.

13. Oreocookiemadness

Oreocookiemadness Member

24 here. 43 now and my daughter is 18. She tells us that me and my husband are the "younger" parents of all of her friends.

14. csunchild

csunchild Guest

I'll be 21 when my daughter is born in late May/early June. Just shy of turning 22 on July 5 2013! Still going through college but I think I can manage ;} I'M SO EXCITED for my baby and I think by the time she is in college my fiance and I will be still be young enough to travel, learn and enjoy life :)

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I was 30 when I had my son who's now two. And I'm going to most likely have another one when I am 34 or 35.

But that is not how I wanted it to be. I wanted to have them when I was younger.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I had my son a month before I turned 28but I was immature so I still feel like a young mom in a lot of ways. My life consisted of hanging out with my friends, partying, traveling. He was a pleasant surprise and I've changed my whole lifestyle. I wasn't ready to do so when I first found out I was pregnant but now I am glad things happened the way they did. I'm much more settled, not so wild, and I went back to school which might have never happened otherwise.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  17. ErickaG

ErickaG Guest

I was 31. It was good in the sense that I had accomplished what I wanted and was in a good place.For me,it was the perfect age.My little boy is the apple of my eye:)

18. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

Good to see I'm not the only older girl to have a baby, I had her when I was 34, I am 35 now and boy am I exhausted! Kudos to the ladies who have babies in their 40's that is great! I wish to have another one but I have to say I am worried I will be too old to be chasing another toddler around!

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  19. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Looks like I'm the oldest to have a first child, at 41.

20. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Yep. I always said I'd run off and rejoin the circus!
    I'm 44 and he's 21, and we both have amazing freedom to travel, so we actually catch up with one another a lot.