How old were you when you had your first child?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by feministhippy, Jan 12, 2005.

1. ClosingTide

ClosingTide Member

I was 19 (November 30, 1966) when I had my first child.

2. ##Angela

##Angela Member

I was 15

3. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

I'm nearing 22 and have been trying unsuccessfully to conceive with my husband since we married when I was 19. We'll probably have a few years to wait going through the IVF system here, but hopefully I will still become a mother young. I am hoping before I'm 25

4. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

35 for the first one, now I'm 40 and expecting again.

5. azucena

azucena vagina farts

i was 19 when i had my first, now i'm 24 expecting my 3rd :D

6. hazy_dazy89

hazy_dazy89 Member

19 (8-28-08)

7. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I'm 25 and expecting my first. :D

8. Crimson and Clover

Crimson and Clover Member

hey me too

9. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

I had my first when I was 21

10. gypsy_queen79

gypsy_queen79 Member

I married at 17 and 4 months.
    Had my oldest at 18 and 5.5 months.
    Was filing for divorce 5 months later due to infidelity and abuse.
    Married my second husband two months shy of 23. I had just found out about an ovarian cyst, which in my family is only the beginning on the road to bigger problems.
    We got pregnant two months later (on the pill) and I had the youngest at about three months shy of 24.
    Female troubles ensued and I had a full radical hysterectomy in December 2006, coming home from the hospital on December 23rd.
    I'm glad I started young. I just wish there wasn't the 5.5 year gap between them.
    I'm glad because I had them before it was too late due to my problems and because I'll be 36 when the oldest is 18 and almost 41 for the youngest. Still plenty of time to do so many things.

11. barefootlocks

barefootlocks Senior Member

Interesting stories everyone!

I was 21 when I had my first and my husband and I are trying (unsuccessfully so far) to have our 2nd.

Given the chance to re-do things I would have waited a little longer...if I could still have my same son and life now that is...

Seeing all my friends out partying and living the lifestyle (traveling, shows, etc) makes me feel a little to grounded sometimes. Also, I had my son with my ex who was a complete douche-bag.

On the other hand, I always wanted to be a young mom. I knew the family life is always the life I wanted to live and I am completely happy with how everything turned out.

Good luck to everyone trying to conceive!

12. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I was almost 36 when I had my daughter and almost 37 when I had my son. :)

13. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member

I'm 26, and still don't have any kids. I want some, really bad, but the husband wants to wait until we graduate. Personally, I expect him to come up with some excuse after that as to why we should wait just a little longer, as he's terrified of parenthood. I let him know that after graduation I'm having a baby and he's welcome to help make it... but his help is not mandatory. :p

14. pita225

pita225 Member

18 when I had my first, 20 for second

15. azucena

azucena vagina farts

now i'm 26 and expecting my fourth :D

16. azucena

azucena vagina farts

3 girls too i see, same as me :D too funny

17. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Older than I am now. Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

18. LoneDeranger

LoneDeranger Trying to pay attention.

I was 32 when Son #1 was born and 38 when #2 came along. I'm glad it worked out that way. I was more patient and relaxed than I would have been in my 20s.

Although chasing after a 2-year-old at 40 occasionally made me wish I could turn the clock back....

19. gypsymama

gypsymama Member

17 when I had my daughter , 21 for my oldest son and 26 for my youngest. I wish I would've. Waited bout 10 more years. However I wouldn't Trade them for anything for the world. They are well prepared for the world being the know the reality of life. The trick is to teach them well to let the small stuff roll off your back and get up, dust off, and try again if you fall. I feel very accomplished at raising my babies :)

20. AK Bones

AK Bones Member

Had my first daughter when I was 20 years old. The mother had a 2 year old boy that was living with her parents, the father of the child never claimed him. He came to live with us. She got pregnant almost immediately after our first daughter was born. So by the age of 21 I had three children. The mother who I did marry decided she could not handle raising children so she left and I had three children ages 3,4,5 that I ended up raising with no financial help from anyone. I did get plenty of help from an odd assortment of girlfriends (actually some very fine women). Anyway the course of my life was set and me and my kids survived it and are best of friends and I have seven extremely beautiful grandchildren.

Moral of this story: "Keep your dick in your pants".