How often do you visit a beauty salon?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by metro, May 21, 2004.

1. metro

metro self-banned

(Or barber shop) So how often do you go to a hair salon to get a haircut or style? It's been about a year for me! I have some graduation parties and a couple of weddings coming up, so I s'pose I should spruce up a bit! It's so much nicer just not caring though...[​IMG]

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i havent been there in almost a yr. as well and dont plan on going unless i get split ends...which doesnt look like im getting them.

3. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

If you asked my hair it would tell you not often enough. If you asked my wallet, too much.

4. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I hadn't had a trim for about a year, but last week the split ends were drivin' me nuts so I went in. I told the girl that was doin' it to get the split ends ONLY (didn't want her hackin' off inches of my long hair). Worked out great....split ends are gone and my hair still to the middle of my back. I won't go back again 'til the ends are split.

5. EuphoricBallah

EuphoricBallah Member

about every three months to get a highlight and a cut...i always get scared tho before i go in so i end up just getting a trim because im so attached to my hair...right now its too long so hopefully next time i wont get scared.
    :cool:

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

2 months.

I go during school since long hair is not accepted there.

It always grows out in the summer though...

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I just got my hair cut yesterday.

Sinice my hair is fairly short now, I get it trimmed about once every two months.

8. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Haircut and beard trim every 6 months whether I need it or not.

9. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

well.. i dont go to a salon.. i go to a ladys house... ive never gotten my hair cut by anyone other than her..she has a lil area set up in the basement... with those sinks.. and the chairs that go up...

well.. i go to her about... every 3 months.... but now im tryin to grow my hair out more so im gonna not go.. cuz everytime i do i end up finding pictures on the internet of how i want my hair.. and then im sitting there while all my hair is fallin to the ground and eh... i dont like that

i gotta have control

10. bellystar

bellystar Member

I try to get a trim with each new season, so I go four times a year. I have long hair, and this seems to keep it looking healthy. I used to dye my hair quite often as a teenager, but for the last five years or so it's been natural. Sometimes I'm tempted to add some colour for fun, but for now I'll just let the sun lighten my light-brown locks.

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I get my hair cut at a salon about 3 times a year, not often.... And I get manicures and pedicures a handful of times but only during the summer.

12. Ellis

Ellis Member

HA! I've never even been into a beauty salon, and I don't think that I ever will. I cut my hair myself. And I have no need to get a manicure or something like that, I just bite my nails off.:)

[​IMG]

13. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

To be honest with you I can remember the last time I went. I trim my own colour my own and do my whole families so we are cheap in the hairdresser and barber department. Hubby in the Army and has a number one, My eldest is growning his and won't let anyone near it so he is sorted, my youngest likes his buzzed off to about a number 3 and my middle one went from buzzed off to growing it long so I don't have a lot to do anymore. Trim mine every now and then but thats about it. I spend more time colouring then cutting.

Love & Hairdressing
    EnonEmouse

14. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I don't remember

15. BigBong

BigBong Member

wow.. i guess i will be the first to say..

once a month..

16. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i used to once every month- 2 months, but its probably been 3 now...

17. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Never...my mother cuts my hair and i wax my own eyebrows ☺

18. metro

metro self-banned

Wow, tell her she does a good job, your hair is cute!

19. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

My hair is really long and curly, and everytime I have ever been to a salon they just don't know what to do with it!! So I just have my hubby trim about an inch off every few months just to keep up with the split ends. He does a pretty good job, although you wouldn't be able to tell if it was uneven anyway due to the curls. I haven't been to a salon in 4 years.

20. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

I usually go once every 3 months just to get the spilt ends trimmed. Last time I went was a few days ago and my hairdresser asked me 'Have you ever thought about being a hair model???'
    That made my day. :)