How often do you understand you are dreaming when you are dreaming?

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Grandeur, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

Whenever I see my mother who passed away in my dream, I understand it I am dreaming, knowing that my mother passed away when I am dreaming. And I wake up automatically.

2. Visexual

Visexual Member

I think I most always know that it's just a dream. I've always considered dreams a form of entertainment. I've even been able to direct myself to a particular dream genre.

Two of my most interesting dreams were;

One, the night before my 13th jump, which was scheduled to be around 1:00 (1300 hours military time) on a Friday the 13th. We were all laughing about that for a day or so before. Anyway, that night before I dreamed that I'd forgotten to put on my chute as I jumped out. Well, I just started flapping my arms and slowed down. I even did a standing landing on the ground.

The second was a few months after my mother died. My sister was on the phone and acting really weird and handed it to me. It was my mother. Well, I started trying to interrogate her about what she was seeing around her. She was always a real Jesus freak. OK, after a few moments of her being her usual bitch of a self toward me, she hung up on me.

3. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

This morning....

I sat an alarm and I hit off on my phone and went back to bed...

20minutes later, while in my dream, I was thinking why is this dream taking so long? Why aren't I awake yet? That woke me up and I just about got to work on time!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Usually not. It doesn't always feel real, and once I realize it's a dream I can't help but wake up. There have been times where I thought I could control what was happening. Or times when I've woken up from a dream only to go back to sleep and continue the same dream. At least I thought it was the same dream.. :D

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i understand that my awareness is living in a different universe when things work different ways.

i'm only here for the scenery and what i can contribute to creating it, wherever, in whatever parallel universe, i may happen to be.
    i have neither more nor less control over my own behavior, which ever of them i may happen to be experiencing in.

if knowing you are dreaming means knowing you have a physical form lying inert but alive, in some other physical universe then you are experiencing in that moment,
    to me this seems an odd and rather pointless thing. what matters is to understand how things work, in which ever one you happen to be in.

6. DavidHB

DavidHB Members

You know this is called “lucid dreaming” right?

7. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

Once I see my mother in my dream, I start knowing that it is a dream because I know she passed away. And as I understand that it is a dream, I automatically wake up shortly after.

That is an always thing. It is about knowing that she passed away. No matter what kind of dream it is, if I see my mother, I will know it is a dream in the dream. It is an always thing.

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

God almighty, @Grandeur... may she rest in peace eternally, man.

I don't always dream, but when I do I think I sleep better.

Grandeur likes this.
  9. DavidHB

DavidHB Members

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

for me, its that i'm totally living in a parallel universe. there's nothing unlike real life other then a few things that work different.
    so there's no sense that i'm not living wherever i am in them when i am, and i don't understand why i should want there to be.
    as long as i can distinguish which universe i'm in from the other, and i have no problem doing so.