how often do bad trips happen on acid?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by jwise2170, Jul 8, 2011.

1. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

a bad trip is usually not regretted IME.

2. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

:iagree:

I don't think bad trips are inevitable, but difficult moments are inevitable. Unfortunately sometimes when one encounters a difficult moment they remember all the talk about bad trips and turn what would be a moment into a bad trip. Sometimes it can come from trying hard to resist the unpleasantness rather than accepting it as part of your makeup and allowing the manifestation to run its course. IME anyway.

I've never had what I'd call a bad trip on acid. One trip was rough at the peak but it became good . My heart wasn't right at the time due to family stuff so I wasn't surprised. But I sure felt better in the weeks after. I've eaten mushrooms many more times than cid and there were plenty of shroom trips that just plain sucked. But I just felt shitty, I didn't freak out (except for one time my body felt like it had problems so I went to the ER. I was much younger and didn't know anything about psychs except that it was another way to get fuckt up).

One buddy said he had one bad acid trip because he was with ppl he didn't know and they were picking on him, like tricking him into getting on a bus with them to go downtown. Jerks.

Another buddy has eaten acid countless times, and has only reported two bad trips to me, both cases were because he was upset about a girl.

So yeah they happen occasionally, usually not without a pretty clear non-pharmacological cause though. Another question is how you end up after a bad trip, most say they feel better and intend on tripping again. The stats of people who have lingering problems is small, probably much smaller than the risk of a fatal car crash, a risk most ppl take every day.

3. Nobody2

Nobody2 Member

I don't know where you get your information from but I get mine from real world experience along with research done from reputable sources. In my high school years I took LSD way more then 7 times and I had no problems. Not only did I not end up in an insane asylum but I went on to college and earned a degree and was top of my class. Anyone that ended up the way you describe was unstable to begin with and had no business messing with an aspirin.

Yes bad trips happen to some. I was lucky enough not to experience one. If you are in a dark place in your life then you should stay away from psychedelics such as LSD and Shrooms. Being in that state of mind you are just asking for trouble. People who enjoy life and are happy with who they are normally have good experiences.

4. HermanDaVermin

HermanDaVermin Banned

Your must be new here.
    Welcome, to HF:sunny:

5. untrustus

untrustus Members

i'm 15, taken it 6 times and only had one bad trip and it consisted of the "ikea" sign in the sky everywhere and my mates shouting abuse at me (they weren't, and it was scaring them) but maybe it was because i took it in a skatepark that i hadn't been to before and was very unfamiliar with my surroundings??