how much will an outdoor female yield?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by joeyramoney, Mar 16, 2008.

1. joeyramoney

joeyramoney Member

i have a few seedlings that i'm starting indoors and growing in a fenced off enclave in my backyard. i live in pittsburgh, these are mid-quality sativas (not sure of the exact strain), and the herb they came in was the standard green. how many grams should i expect to harvest from a mature female, assuming the best conditions?

and how resistant are cannabis plants to the cold? i know they don't like frost, but what kind of reaction will they have to temps cold, but above freezing?

2. liquidlight

liquidlight Senior Member

Yield ... anything from a couple of ounces to a pound depending on weather, rootspace and care mainly.

A bit of cold every now and then won't hurt a cannabis plant, even the odd mild frost.

3. ninfan77

ninfan77 Member

I'd keep them indoors until mid-May. If you get them 1-2 feet by May, and move them outside and maintain them carefully... it's not uncommon to see 2-4 ounces dried per plant.

4. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Sativa's can get to be 18' tall, if ya let 'em. which would yeild several pounds. All depends on big you let them get. Sativa's by their nature pruduce less than indica, because they don't produce the tight buds indica does, but they grow to be almost twice as big, vertically or lst'd along the ground.>)