How much water to put in my bubbler?

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by The Caterpillar, Sep 5, 2005.

1. The Caterpillar

The Caterpillar Member

Hey everyone,

Well I just got my first piece! I've had chillums and bongs before, that I split with friends, but this is the first one I've bought all for myself.

I unfortunately don't have a picture but it's a pretty nice one! Kind of Sherlock styled and it was only 50 bucks.

I named it Casey Jr., after my friend tried blowing in it and it made a sound like a train whistle. In the movie Dumbo there is a train named Casey Jr., and part of the song goes,

"Casey Jr. comin' down the track
    Comin' down the track,
    With a smokey stack!"

Anyway, I thought it was fitting.

But on to the important question, I am unsure of how much water I should be putting in it as I have never filled one before- What's a good way of knowing how much water to put in it?

I can't wait to try Casey Jr. out!

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

enough so that you hear a bubbling sound, but not to much as you want to use part of the chamber to fill with smoke.

what i do is put a little water in. suck, listen for a bubble sound. if you hear one then your fine.

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i usually fill it til the point where you wont be suckin water up into your mouth...

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i fill it to three specifications:

1)must not be within an inch of the height of the bowl

2)when the bong is tipped ready for smoking, the water level must not at any point touch my finger on the shotty

3) there must not be more water than air inside the bong

5. nesta

nesta Banned

it's not rocket science...fill it till you like the way it smokes. its YOUR pipe.