How much san pedro to trip?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by robohobo8, Aug 2, 2011.

1. robohobo8

robohobo8 Member

I found a 3 foot and 1 and a half foot sand pedro cactuses. How much will it take for me to trip? Also should I extract it? I am in miami,FL by the way.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If you used all of that you would have enough for pretty deep trip.

Stick the cactus in a very dark place for at least a few days. That will stimulate the production of more mescaline.

The mescaline content of San Pedro varies from cactus to cactus, if you got it from a normal garden shop, the content is probably not that high. I would recommend you find an online shop that sells other things of this sort. There cactus will have been breed for this purpose. And make sure to replant what you don't use, San Pedro grows very fast in the proper conditions, you will have your own renewing supply.

3. robohobo8

robohobo8 Member

I found it in an empty lot and I didnt pick them yet. But I am supposed to eat a shit load of cactus to trip?

4. unfocusedanakin

at least a few feet will be needed for a decent trip.

5. robohobo8

robohobo8 Member

thanks

6. nannymiss

nannymiss Banned

better to go by weight, if you go by feet that doesn't factor thickness in.. nor the potency of the cacti.

the best thing to do is wait until there is a two to four week drought, then harvest your specimen. next, tie it into an airtight bag and let it sit for three-five days; this makes the cacti produce more of the desirable alkaloids.

then freeze the bag and contents completely, then let it that, collecting and using all the juices.

good luck.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'd go for 2 feet of the bulkier section of the cacti and make a tea, the alkaloid content between cacti can vary quite significantly between different specimens.

1 foot is enough to be psychoactive but it's usually more like a light ecstasy experience, a mood lift and twinkle in the lights but not really hallucinating, 2 feet is usually a decent trip.

8. buzyee

buzyee Guest

I have done it 3 times with the same amount of cactus and using identical extraction methods and the results were very different. A lot of factors play a role in how much mescaline and how much of the other 9 active phenthylamine componds are present in the cactus. The older the cactus, the more potent. The more hours of sun per day, the more potent. What i would reccomend is buying yours consistently from the same vendor and once u find a good dosage with their cactus, the others u get will be, if not clones, at least bred under the same conditions and should have similar mescaline amounts.

9. buzyee

buzyee Guest

The most effective ways to ingest the cactus are:
    1. Blend it up and drink (add water to thin it out, but it is NASTY any way you go!)
    2. Blend it up, add 1 part water and make a tea by boiling for 4 hrs adding water as needed, strain and drink (still tastes horrible, but not thick and MUCH easier to drink)
    3. Cut off the skin, remove and discard the core, cut remaining parts into slices, dry out until fully dry and powderize and consume alone or in capsulesb (uses like 30 huge capsules)

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

fine, fine, except....

Don't buy from a vendor.

Just take the lower 2 feet of the larger one, and root the top part (lots of info online about that) and do that every time you trip. You'll have plenty after a while, and not be tripping like it's candy.

11. buzyee

buzyee Guest

yes yes you are totally right...everyone should have their own ethnobotanical garden!

12. Eve's Leaves

Eve's Leaves Member

Depends on the amount of mescaline in your particular specimen, as well as your individual tolerance. All it took for me to have a full-on 14 hour trip was about 15 '0'-sized gelcaps worth of powdered cactus, which amounts to about 6-9 inches. That was with the "good" stuff though, as I've also had times where I took twice that and felt literally nothing.

13. homebrewnorcal

homebrewnorcal Member

SWIM was thinking just soaking the skins of 4ft of cactus in 95% high proof for 3 nice doses...prob reduce to a tincture...Swim has 200+ feet :)....thoughts?...might add klip dagga, lemon balm, peppermint...maybe a few other goodies

14. thismoment

thismoment Member

What are the alternatives to buying from a vendor? Steal someone's cactus or hope you're getting what you think you are from a garden center - not that I've seen it at many such places?

I think it's best to buy from a reputable vendor and use sections of that to plant. And yes, definitely plant.

15. unfocusedanakin

I got SP from a vendor before. But that vendor got in a bit of trouble for being too open about what to do with it. For example they had instructions for preparation on the site. But they still sell seeds. Cactus from a garden center has not been breed for potency, like theirs where. Don't steal a cactus, even if the people don't know what it is, it's still bad karma. Just have some patience and grow your own.

16. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

My question is are you sure it is san pedro... there are alot of cacti that look just like it.

You could just end up making yourself sick

17. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Pretty excited, a friend and I have 4' of San Pedro and are currently drying it in sections and preparing it for extraction. I have never had mesc before. I know we dont have a huge amount but there will for sure be enough for at least a few heavy trips. Luckily my friend is pretty astute in regards to this so everything should go pretty well. If successful planing on it again but in a bigger scale so i can have a little for backstock!

18. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Go look at some pictures, read the descriptions and things to count/look for, etc...... SP doesn't look like much else that you'll find readily, or at least, not much that doesn't have similar effects when ingested. If that poster's in california, for instance, it allegedly grows like a weed in socal, as escaped hortocultural specimins do well in that climate.

I don't remember what I saw writing that in response to, don't want to load the other page.... but I was probably thinking of the vendors who sell powdered skin or chips.

Of course I don't advocate stealing cactus. If someone has lots, wether or not they know what it is, they'll probably let you lop off a few feet if you ask nicely. As far as getting a potent strain goes, the research I've seen shows it's largely luck-there are one or two varities with reasonably higher mescaline content, with no quantitative or qualitative work done on the other alkaloids, and you won't find these on websites that exist to make a buck off american teenagers who want to get high, you find them tromping around peru.....

OR, you could find someone with a specimin with a known link to one of the strains that you want, and beg or buy a cutting. As long as neither you OR the seller has any intention in anyone consuming it, you should have no problem with that purchase.

But hell, why not try lowes, if you can't find what you want?

19. homebrewnorcal

homebrewnorcal Member

Just powderized 2+ pounds

20. adamthetripper

adamthetripper Guest

Hi guys,

I have cooked up about 26 to 28 inches (2 feet) of my Cactus to make Mescaline using this extraction method (
    San Pedro Preparation).

I have ended up with just under 1 litter of juice - I wanted to know how much of this do I drink for a good trip?

Thank you