How Much Longer

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by IvSeenTwilght, Jun 3, 2004.

1. IvSeenTwilght

IvSeenTwilght Member

how much longer do u think we will occupy iraq?

2. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

one more year at least is my guess.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

One year?? I don't think so.

They have already talked about having troops there for possibly the next ten years.

My guess is that we will be there permanently, despite what the administration might be saying, which is mostly BS anyway. I think this was the whole plan to begin with. Either that, or we will be there until a stable government like Saudi Arabia's comes into play. This war was really about nothing more than opening up a market like the one the US has with the Saudis. Of course like Saudi Arabia, Iraq will continue to harbor terrorists, but the US doesn't care because they haven't cared about terrorism to begin with. They simply yurn to have a government that will "play along," so-to-speak, with the American government's corporate interests.

4. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Pressed, do you have any links regardig your statement (about them being there possibly the next 10 years)? Not that I don't believe you, I would just like to have the source to show others :p

5. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

We will "occupy" Iraq until the new government takes over. Once it does, we'll be there as long as they want us to be there. Of course, we'll probably build a few permanent bases like we did in Japan, Germany, and Italy where a few regulars will be stationed until the 4 horsemen show up.

6. Niraj Aryal

Niraj Aryal Banned

Pressed Rat you are foolish in your posts. You seem believe the conspiracies that are plaguing the world. I believe you may have been referring to halibuton. It is know worldwide that many firms from many countries were considered but it seem that haliburton was chosen because of its experience and competence of the task. Some Americans seem bored with their lives and make up lies and become selfengulfed into beleiving them. They have no idea what an evil government really is. No man is perfect and politicians are corrupt everywhere in the world but it is unhealthy for the mind to be obsessing with these lies you speak of.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

No, that's not what I'm talking about.

8. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

I agree. Tell it like it is Niraj.

9. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Actually you are incorrect. It is widely known and widely condemned that Haliburton received the bulk of its exhorbitant contracts in "no bid" handouts with a little help from its former CEO, the depth and extent of whose conflict of public interest has yet to be properly investigated for public scrutiny.

You might be too young to recall but there is an old addage that hails from the Nixon era, "follow the money", and that is precisely what is needed to once and for all shut the right wing down and show them for the grasping and conniving corporate opportunists that their every administration has been certainly in my lifetime and well before.

Start by familiarising yourself with the roster of players behind the PNAC and their vested corporate interests

Damning indications of the truth behind typical Bush admin denials

Further demonstration of the well known "no-bid" arrangment benefitting Haliburton...

http://www.ombwatch.org/article/articleview/1900/1/1/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/04/25/60minutes/main551091.shtml

http://dossiers.genfoods.net/challiburton.html

http://www.huddersfield1.co.uk/america/may_2003/rebuildin_iraq.htm

Add to this the farce of corporate accountability which, instead of a trial and conviction for gross accounting fraud and overcharging of consumers, has seen Ken Lay and Enron seated with Cheney and his gang around the table to develop our national energy policy and it would take an ostrich with its head buried in the sand to miss the illicit abuse of office (and use of war of aggression) for corporate profiteering.

That these same men swore to restore the integrity of the office of the Presidency after they themselves were the ones to incessantly hound Clinton (severely curtailing his ability to act effectively) for almost the entirety of his 2 terms (whilst telling us now that any scrutiny and condemnation of the current admin is "unAmerican") only to turn it into the most prolific candy shop for their friends and associates to milk (to the tune of trillions) only underscores the truth that these men and those who argue on their behalf hold greater allegiance to their precious ideology than they do the future of our nation (which is facing impending budgetary fallout and policy blowback of a magnitude that will make the repercussions of the Reagan mismanagement look like a cub league warmup).