How much is Trump really worth?

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by Visexual, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Visexual

Visexual Member

I just read an interesting article about a billionaire's true wealth;
    Why Elon Musk Is Cash Poor (For A Billionaire)

I've always felt the your true wealth is determined by;
    1. What cash you have
    2. What your stuff could sell for in 30 days or less
    3. And, minus, what you actually owe on anything and everything

Donald Trump has always lived by borrowing. Remember the old Danny DeVito movie, 'Other People's Money'?

Well, why do you think this president is so interested in lowering the lowest interest rates the government has had in my memory? And, btw..., he's wanting negative rates which means that you and I will be paying for him to use our money.

I'm wondering that, if he had to liquidate within 30 days, would he come out with anything at all?

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Trump National Doral golf club has been losing money (which he’s taken out a huge loan) as well as the Trump international Golf Links and Hotel in Ireland, so much so he had VP Mike Pence
    stay at the resort at tax payers expense which was 200 miles away from his scheduled meeting in Dublin.

In addition; C-17 Air Force crew's have been staying overnight at the Trump Turnberry resort in Scotland, instead of at other cheaper lodging accommodations closer to the airport.
    Trump Turnberry resort is also severely under preforming and he has also taken out a huge loan.

Trump has violated the domestic emoluments clause so many times it isn't even funny.

In all honesty; with all the pending lawsuits over several of his current properties; he may not be worth a tin nickle.

Eric! and Visexual like this.
  3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Trump is utterly worthless, regardless of his income.

4. lode

lode Banned

Whatever the increase in value of the real estate that he inherited from Fred, minus some Trump Steaks. A few billion.

5. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

We'd know if he released his taxes

Eric! likes this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Trump is worthless...

Oh Wait!

You were talking about $$$

Visexual and everything bagel like this.
  7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

No human being is worthless.

unfocusedanakin and Irminsul like this.
  8. Visexual

Visexual Member

A Christian thing to say but, in reality, there are a lot of human animals that are worthless! Putin, Kim, Trump and Netanyahu to name just a few.

Eric! likes this.
  9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Agree to disagree : )

10. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Bout tree fiddy.

Eric!, 6-eyed shaman and scratcho like this.
  11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

He will not release taxes because they will show he's in debt. His ego and campaign both depend on his wealth. If people saw he did not have that he would have nothing. Of course his cult will love it since they like the idea that taxes are evil and his are none of their concern any way. One could argue with how lost they are it does not matter at this point. If he has $10 than he's just like them even more so and the lies does not matter.

Had he simply held onto the money his father gave him he would have more today. He has never made a successful move. He only has the money to fail and to pay the fees to a broker to find the hot stock. He can't do any of that. The whole narrative that he's self made is nonsense. His professors in college remarked he was stupid but daddy had money so he has a "degree".

Eric! likes this.
  12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Money he has? Don't know, don't care. Worth as a human--not a fuckin' penny.

stormountainman and Eric! like this.
  13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

When someone says Hitler is a worthy person, that can't be based on an assessment of his character or accomplishments, but on some principle that counts all humans as persons of sacred worth--in other words, some ideal or abstraction. It could be true of his unrealized potential. In the 2003 movie Max, John Cusack played a Jewish art dealer who saw value in the kitsch art of his student Adolph Hitler. If things had gone differently, Hitler might have pursed his dream of becoming a famous artist. Alas, Hitler's Storm Troopers killed the art dealer before he could show Hitler's talent to the world. Himmler loved dogs. Nero fancied himself a great artist and was a pretty good bagpipe (not fiddle) player. So there may be some good or potential good in everyone, hiding under a bushel. Trump might have his virtues or potential virtues, too. He might repent, turn his life around and do something altruistic in his remaining life. I believe in miracles. Or perhaps if we knew more about his upbringing and understand the misfortunes of nature and nurture that led to his misshapen character, we could sympathize with his sad condition. However, we who operate in the real world must take probabilities and the best available evidence into account, and from that vantage point, the Orange One looks like another dangerous character who is bad for the world and should be opposed. Let God sort out ultimate worth in the great bye and bye.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    stormountainman, scratcho and Eric! like this.
  14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

True.
    Trump is a shinning example of almost everything wrong with a rich spoiled man child.

So he is worth a new stripped suit and a display in the local hoosegow.

15. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I said worth, not virtue : )
    Maybe someone is only worthwhile to mankind because they show us something we never want to see again.

Eric! likes this.
  16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That could be. Valuable as a negative role model!

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

All those people mentioned are immortalised in history, hardly utter the word worthless in that regard alone.

What will the people remember Okie for?

I'll remember him for wanting harm done unto others over political values while he retreats to reparations based on the same principals. Basically just being a tool beater.

18. hotwater

[​IMG]

stormountainman likes this.
  19. hotwater

20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So famous or notorious, celebrity's the thing? Trump can take his place alongside Benedict Arnold, Andrew Johnson,John Wilkes Booth, Pontius Pilate, Boss Tweed, Caligula, Nero, Pol Pot, etc., as somebody who is "immortalized"--except even in that company he'd be a bit player.

I hope the ones who matter to me--family, friends, and neighbors, will remember me as an honest, hard-working guy who was there for them. As for what anybody on social media remembers me for, if at all, I couldn't care less. And what about you, Irminsul? What will anyone remember you for? Will they?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    scratcho likes this.