How much food do you cook ?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Duncan, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

What an odd question... even for me. I have two answers for that. I either cook enough for the meal itself, or I cook enough to make five or six meals from the creation. Spaghetti for me these days is a measured out single meal. When I was a child growing up, my mother always made sure there was leftover pasta. For me, the big cook items for multiple meals are varied. I cook beans and convert them to different dishes. There is always enough rice in the fridge for the work week. Today I made tabouli from Laurel's Kitchen and that will certainly hold its own for five or six days.
    I actually like having big containers with healthy salads (cole slaw, lentil mix) that can be doled out rather than making myself one single meal.

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

All of it !!!

3. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

i cook 2x main meals per week ,consisting of mainly vegatarian food ,,each meal that i cook makes 2 portions ,so i eat the meal on the evening that i cook it ,then i save a portion in the fridge ,to eat later in the week ,by doing this ,it cuts down on the amount of meals i need to cook during the week ,and also works out cheaper and allows me to live on a smaller budget

4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I cook and eat meals every day. The only time I don't is if I make a huge cauldron of Beef stew and dumplings. The cauldron is big enough to provide me with meals for about three days and therefore all it needs is re-heating.