How much do u eat when u got munchies?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Tommy1The1Cat, May 17, 2007.

1. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

how bout i write up a post on how i think veganism is a total unhealthy, unpractical, unethical waste of time and morrally wrong?

or i'll just post up a video of a pig getting it's head cut off with a chainsaw

being a glutten is the greatest sin of them all [using great as praise], and i feel sorry for you vegans eating beans and grass clippings, food is one of the greatest pleasures of all, but the way u sound, and the way u present yourself, i'm sure your just one of those typical, poor ass, low life, wannabe hippies, who later in life will discover that your efforts and abilities to live a life without sin, and trying to follow your "guidelines" will only have left you feeling displaced and empty.

I will quote the all powerfull Jim Rome, from a clip i heard earlier this week

"Veganism is for first year college students and unapreciated lesbians"

and what exactly are you a "greatfullvegan" for? that expired soy milk and tampered packages of tofu are half price at 7/11?

2. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

I would like to first say that I never once personally attacked you for eating meat, I simply stated that eating 8 cheeseburgers is disgusting and morally twisted. I don't see why you see the need to chime in and attack my beliefs because I made a comment that didn't even slightly tie you to it. For that, my friend, you are just a complete asshole. I never made any tie in the "morally twisted" remark to the act of eating meat, but rather to eating such an exorbitant quantity of it. I would see it as sinful and wrong to eat hundreds of heads of broccoli in a similar fashion as well. But thanks a lot for filling in and attacking me, that was really "hippy" of you- but since I am just a "fake hippy" I wouldn't know I guess.

I am not trying to "live without sin"- contrary to your messed up perception of me. I have truly noticed that you have a lot of hate in your soul and these attacks are just plain mean, not to mention unfounded. Grateful, contrary to your two-bit analysis actually is a reference to the "grateful dead" some band that I probably don't appreciate due to my "morally wrong" eating habit and my position as a "fake hippy".

Third of all, thank you for explaining that, not only is veganism unethical, it is also morally wrong, that statement is not one bit redundant and I think it really serves to prove your point! (which you back up so well).

Just out of curiosity- how do you see my diet as morally wrong??? I could see it as morally neutral, but wrong? Come on.

Last time I checked, Albert Einstein wasn't just a vegetarian during his stint as a "first year college student" and never was he an unappreciated lesbian. Jim Rome is a fucking idiot, third rate sports announcer who is known for making such comments, so I'm not really that surprised, that's just his act, but you my friend just acted like an asshole with that post, because NOTHING I said pointed at YOU personally in any way, shape or form. But thank you for the ad-hominem attacks that I have become OH SO used to.

I've pretty much come to realize that you cant have a moral belief on ANY fucking issue and nobody will really care unless it ACTUALLY hits home. If I walk around saying "I'm anti-abortion" to a bunch of people they probably will not return with such a callous response as this. However, since my moral decision is in direct conflict with a popular act, of which you are a participant- you feel the need to scurry to your defense and hit me with some below-the-belt blows...what does that say about YOU?

3. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

Come on...you kind of asked for it. This thread is talking about what and how much we have for munchies, not what you think about carnivores and how much they eat. I'm a vegetarian myself, and even before I reached digitalldj's post I thought your's was rather out of place and senseless...just waiting for someone with a history like him to come along and start the argument up. If you don't want the argument, prevent it.

Anyways, I usually eat lots of dry cereal and PBJ sandwiches when I have the munchies. I'm currently on a Honey Nut Chex kick, but this week I bought plain old cheerios to give my body and mind a break from the same old sugary snack. I love to munch out on blueberry nutragrain bars too. mmm... There's something odd about those things...I can eat box after box and not gain weight. But only the blueberry ones...

4. DepTh

DepTh Member

i donteat while high, butif i do it can be copious amounts

5. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

no one seems to understand that there is no point arguing with dj, unless you just want to get frustrated hahaha. he is there to start shit with anyone who crosses him or anything he feels like screwing with - just look at his past posts, he brings a healthy antagonism to the forums now and again. I thought it was kind of strange that you attached the label of sinfulness to meat-eating, gratefulvegan, but that might just be because I do a lot of religious studies so certain things pop into my mind when people say sin. I don't personally really care whether I eat as a herbivore or carnivore, or another thing... I'm not a big fan of the way meat is produced, but we live in such a strange world that I have to learn to live with other people not caring. I love food but there are so many flavours in the world that I don't feel particularly attached to any. Except for chips... I love chips. hahahahah... also, when I was in A'dam, FALAFELS were the shit. As well as those vendor things that sell croquettes, so fuckin good

As for the original question, I get mad munchies... but I think it also depends a lot on who you hang out with when stoned, if they eat a lot... if you get into the habit of eating when stoned, you'll continue to crave it really intensely, but if you can manage it for a while it dissipates pretty quick.

anyways im just blathering as usual...

6. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

Come on...you kind of asked for it. This thread is talking about what and how much we have for munchies, not what you think about carnivores and how much they eat.

---> Once again, I wasn't addressing carnivores as a whole, I was simply stating that the act of eating 8 fucking cheeseburgers is sinful. I'm not sure why it is so hard for even a carnivore to agree with that- it's fucking wasteful and greedy as hell.

7. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

And what might a croquette be? Better yet...come make me one, or else I'll tell dj you want to discuss veganism with him. Dun Dun Dun

8. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

Honestly I really don't care or even disagree with your comment. I just don't want to see another stupid dj/vegan argument that goes nowhere.

9. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

a croquette (i think its how they spell it, i think in dutch its just like kroket)... its like this wierd breaded thing thats the size of a small fat sausage and filled with something like mustard and bits of meat and other stuff. lol i really dont know exactly what it is, but goddam they are good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroket

10. Tommy1The1Cat

Tommy1The1Cat Senior Member

if u want some good cereal foward i would recommend some cinnamon toast crunch sooo good!! and some nacho cheese doritos for wonderboy!! haha

11. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

the "vendor" place you´re talking about is FEBO. a weird automat. reminds me of mailboxes in an apartment building, except there´s food in them. great for a quick, cheap, hot snack, but as far as quality goes... it´s just not there. although, it is kinda fun if you dont really know dutch to try and guess what you´re getting. even after eating it, you still might have no idea, but at least you´re full!
    and yes, falafels are the shit. and now there are hot dog stands all over the place. damn, i miss the ´Dam.

when i first started working where i work now (conveniece store) it was always nights and weekends, which meant that there was a pretty good chance that i was super high by then. sitting and staring at candy bars and chips and pretty much whatever you want for a few hours gets a little tempting whether you´re hungry or not. so i muched out a lot there. but now i really try to watch it and not eat so much. a big part of that was reading the (non)nutritional info and ingredients list on EVERYTHING. i was shocked to see how incredibly bad a lot of that food is.

so now i try to eat based on how the food is going to make me feel afterwards. at the very least, it helps as a guide to avoid some of the bad shit.
    and every now and then, right after i smoke, i get the "inverse munchies" - not a feeling of wanting to eat everything in sight, but rather a feeling of not wanting to eat ANYTHING for a long time.

but of course, when i fire up the Volcano, the old-school munchies come right back. then i´m eating to fulfill texture and flavor-cravings. but mostly crunchy things...