How much control do you have over your life?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by broony, Sep 5, 2013.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

everyone has a degree of control and a degree of not control, that varies more or less randomly, from moment to moment, over an extremely wide range of percentage.

at the moment, i am enjoying a greater degree, more often and more consistantly, then i ever have at any other time in my life. but i also know, even as my age has contributed to it, this also limits the time remaining that i will.

at some point i will either be locked away somewhere to age and die, as old people usually are, or i will wander out into the wilderness to starve and feed the carrion eaters, in a desperate attempt to avoid doing so.

2. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Thanks! :cheers2:

3. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Control is an illusion. No matter how much you might be in charge of your life, in terms of financial security, health, loving relationships, etc etc, there are always things that can occur that are completely outside of your control, that can completely shatter your world.

With that in mind, I have some control over my life. There are rules and bureaucracy that are currently affecting my life very negatively, and my reaction is to run away from all of that shit and delay the inevitable because I don't want to be apart from my girlfriend any longer. But my choices are driven by desire, not necessity. So I consider myself quite lucky to be able to influence my own life to that extent, when I know many people are not able - or do not realize they are able - to influence their own lives to such an extent.