How Much Art Do You Have In Your House?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Ashalicious, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

What is your absolute favorite piece?

1 person likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You know, not much at all.

As a teen my room was littered with babes and bands all on the walls but now.. I have one print of a Louis Royo picture. Not too big, possibly slightly bigger than A4.

[​IMG]

And I also have a Thor Steinar poster print of a longship invasion.
    It looks really good from afar but the closer you get the more pixilated it is. It is the same picture as this but not oval and does not have the big font prints. Just the picture.

[​IMG]

I have a fake tiger head hanging in my living room. It looks very realistic though and it's eyes follow you around the room. It's really cool. I also have the same style but a full pelt of a white tiger and a leopard but I have not hung these up yet.

What we are slowly working on is a 4000 piece jigsaw puzzle to hang on the wall. It is of Neushwanstein Castle.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Tons and tons of my own art mostly in the attic.....paintings by other artists as well...and i don't have a favorite piece really......I found this on in my photos tonight of a rose in space I painted....and was going to post on my art thread, but might as well post it here....no, this is not my favorite piece of art in my house by a long a shot....but neat enough to post anyway......

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  4. Moonglow181

How about you, Ash? Do you have a favorite painting in your house?
    If so, let's see it....:D

5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I have some of my own art work somewhere in my house... not much else really.

6. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I have two paintings by friends,one drawing of my 'Arab",my Mum's horse which she drew when she drew when she was young,and tons of my own work stashed away which I don't display.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

My house is art...

etherea and Moonglow181 like this.
  8. Ashalicious

I have a few favorite pieces. One is a painting of a white lily, which is hanging in the bedroom. I can't find a picture of it online, so I will take a picture with my cell phone and try and upload it that way.

My husband's mother is an artist, and we have a few of her pieces hanging up. They are simply stunning pieces, she is an absolutely amazing artist and I am always tickled pink when she gives us pieces.

I will take some pictures here and upload them to the thread.

9. Ashalicious

Wow, this is beautiful!! I want it tattoo'd on my arm...

1 person likes this.
  10. Ashalicious

This is a beautiful piece. I love the tiny little splatter of blood on her dress...I didn't notice it at first...and the way her wings look ragged and torn in some places, but are still beautiful and full of life.

11. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I love to decorate my walls with classical paintings, and strange tapesteries, scrolls, ornaments, wooden carvings, anything unique and artistic.

But I suppose my favourite part of the collection is the this framed piece: Children and Youth in History by Pieter Brugel the Elder
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. Ashalicious

I LOVE tapestries. I don't like to hang them up though. I like to drape them over my couch and pull them down to wrap around me if I get a chill.

I've seen this painting somewhere before, I am sure of it. No idea where though...

1 person likes this.
  13. Ashalicious

[​IMG]

This series of paintings is a piece my mother in law painted. It is one of my favorite pieces of hers.

[​IMG]

This is the lily painting I was telling you about. I bought it when I was living with my ex and re-doing our condo completely to try and fix our relationship. I ended up breaking up with him shortly after, and I took the painting with me.

[​IMG]

This piece is in the living room, on the left side of the TV. I love this piece. I've had so many drunken discussions about this piece of art. My good friend Mark LOVES this painting, so I will probably pass it on to him when I am finished with it.

(sorry the images are SO huge, but at least I got them posted)

3 people like this.
  14. Sleeping Caterpillar

maybe you recognize this?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Ashalicious

I do, but I still can't place how I know it or where I know it from...

16. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Love Van Gogh big time. BTW, he used to hang out at the night cafe he made immortal in this painting :)

17. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Not much in regards to traditional art. I have a few posters on the walls, lots laying around. The ones I have up right now are the Grateful Dead art poster from the 80's, a large Buddha poster with lots of thought-provoking proverbs... 2 more posters from a local Grateful Dead tribute music festival (that's no longer around). I've got a neat sort of shadowbox picture that I got from my aunt's apartment after she passed. There are 4 sections to the shadowbox that are green and orange, kind of blotted/splotched? and there's a painted tree in the middle. I liked it a lot, so I picked it up. Oh! Underneath that (which is over my bed) I hung this circular metal piece that has a bunch of Egyptian stuff on it. I should take a picture of that. It's pretty neat, haven't seen anything like it before.

Also have little artistic trinkets here and there. A small pirate ship made from seashells I got from my grandma's house after she moved... Got a lot of eagle and turtle trinkets from my aunt's apt... this stupid matching 'smiling mushroom head' oil burner and incense holder that my used-to-be best friend got me years ago. Probably more stuff if I got up and looked around lol

18. Sleeping Caterpillar

Yeah cafe terrace is my fav painting of all time ;)

I have my ipad and iphone in a case of it, i'll try to take pictures of em later

19. Sleeping Caterpillar

... was reffering to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-CEfY9CDLw

20. Moonglow181

Thank you, Ash.... :)
    Tattoo on your arm? No, don't do that....:p

I think the art in your condo is just great!
    That is one of my favorite Van Gogh pieces, as well... :)
    He has to be my favorite artist. His paintings in real life made me cry...

i think i know what my favorite pieces of art in this house are...and for sentimental reasons....5 watercolors my mother did ......she was great...but never pursued anything.....
    I have one she did of me a child
    her Joan of Ark being burned at the Stake
    Strife...a portrait of her mom lieing in bed with her arm over her face...very emotional piece
    and a boy she always loved portrait

she painted with feeling....

i don't have my mom anymore...;(...but I have her spirit in these few little paintings....

1 person likes this.