How many..

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Peace, May 18, 2004.

1. random_spontaneosity

random_spontaneosity Member

im vegetarian becuase

i find it quiet grousome to eat red meat

and i got bored of eating chicken becuase of it.

and my mum wont buy organic stuff coz its too expensive and so on.

but you know what, she went on a huge organic spree at the weekends, almost everything was organic. then she told me she had vouchers and that that was a one off. by this time most of the food was gone.....
    #

but yeah, im veggie and i like it, i get some lovely food which i never would have even tried if i still ate meat. when i go out for meals i get things which i would have ignored becuase i thought meat was all i should eat. but to be honest im thinking i might start eating some meat again, even if it is only a bit of chicken now and again becuase, well i just dont feel totally right not eating meat.

i wont prepare any meat, its like cutting yourself open and playing with your insides, i guess its like that eating red meat, like eating yourslef, or another human.

meh, im vegetarian and i dont care.

2. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

I went vegetarian in November 2003. - For the reasons already given by other people here: I don't want to eat animals, I'm strongly against the cruelty in the meat industry, I think I can live without meat and so on... Kinda makes you more aware of things, too.

3. Orsino

Orsino Member

I've come to the conclusion that Tom Brown is, in my own assumption and opinion, a smart man in survival, but an ignorant and selfish human being, But... then again, your key idea is "man"... and I can sure as hell go on living my life without taking the life of another purposely.

Destroy the rainforest using slash and burn tactics causing a hole in the ozone layer and excess carbon monoxide while destroying good trees and wood... (ie: why do you think Brazil put a ban on using Brazillian Rosewood for making guitars) If you're not going to use your damn resources, get your hands off of mine. I live here too. And you're not going to pollute or kill my planet or anything on it, as long as I am alive, i'm going to do my part and help my fellow brothers and sisters who agree, and if you wish to stick to the words of tom brown, you're on your own. Oh, and after you're done stealing my oxygen and setting my trees on fire, go ahead and fence the land in for cattle, go buy some cattle prods and beat the shit out of a creature that can feel pain. A life is a life. I don't care if you're referring to our fucking excuse for a president or a sponge. Once you're done with the cattle, go ahead and slaughter them for the benefit for our own ignorant race, then go ahead and suck the land dry and let the cows eat all the grass, turn the whole rainforest in to the desert. It'll make my day...

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Well said George. :D

This Tom Brown guy's comments might be relevant to eating an animal who has until the point of death enjoyed a good life in nature and you're in the back of beyond with literally nothing else.
    But to take the statement out of context and apply it to arrogant omnis who for some baffling reason would rather eat the flesh of a tortured creature rather than tofu. Both the same price in the local supermarket.
    Give me a break.

TTFN

Sage

5. Orsino

Orsino Member

I can say a lot of health food is priced high, but with meat prices going up, it's leveling off, and even if they aren't equal, would you rather pay for a coronary or pay a little more to be in good health. It's your own choice... My teacher's father died at the age of 63 a couple months ago. He died on the operating table during a heart transplant. They still have to fork out a half million at the least.

6. kier

kier I R Baboon

i just had a small bit of chicken, the first meat i've eaten in 2 weeks or so from when i had lamb stew

both the lamb and chicken were free range, organic and local...you can even go and see the animals yourself, the companys doing a really great thing :)

i think it's ok as long as the animals are treated well and you only eat meat in moderation, same applies for fish.

7. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

That's a great point.

8. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Kier is my new best friend! :D And I see you've incorporated my hug into your sig! Right on! [​IMG]

9. Orsino

Orsino Member

It's all up to you, but the point is.... do you really need meat to survive.

Hell no.

10. Orsino

Orsino Member

Originally Posted by Megara
    Are we going to ban lions from eating meat because of cruelty to animals? A lot of veggies preach that we are no better than animals..to that, i say EXACTLY..we are just like the animals..a lot of animals kill other animals to survive..we are no different

--------------------

They have no choice. I can survive without meat. They are carnivores... get it straight. That's their choice, that's your choice.

But vegan is my choice.

11. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

actually, its not such a great point. Lions, unlike humans need meat to survive. Lions bodies are desinged to consume meat. And while they're hunting, they're not throwing the whole ecological system out of whack. They arent stuffing thousands upon thousands of animals into small, enclosed spaces so that they cannot even turn around.

They arent purposely torturing animals (such as factory farm workers do. you know, such as take huge metal objects and such and beat animals to a bloody pulp).

They arent destroying rainforests.

They arent polluting the waters.

12. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

Exactly.

And they don't eat their meat cooked or something but raw.

Whoever says we have to eat meat because lions do should eat meat raw from now on.

13. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Quite frankly, I don't think anyone should have to justify or explain why they eat meat to anyone. If you're against meat, that's absolutely fine. If you want to gorge yourself with meat 24/7, whatever. I don't think it's anyone's business what types of food other people eat.

Bottom line is, people should be thankful they even have the luxory of choosing NOT to eat a certain kind of food.

14. Orsino

Orsino Member

Luxury? It's not a luxury, it's a choice.

15. sunshinedaisy11

sunshinedaisy11 Member

Im a vegetarian because I have realized that I really dont need meat to survive. There's plenty of other foods you can eat that are so much healthier for you and are not killing innocent animals. People say eating meat is fine because its natural and that people have been eating meat for millions of years, but how can you compare eating meat now to eating meat way back then? First of all, millions of years ago people really did need meat to survive. They did not have all of the food options that we have today, and they took what they could get. Secondly, they only ate what they needed to survive. They did stuff their mouths every day and they probably didn't even eat meat every day. Also, they hunted for their meat and it was actually fair. Today people have factory farms where they raise animals and treat them like shit all their lives. When its time for the animal to be killed they just shoot it or butcher it up and the animal has no chance whatsoever. That doesn't seem very natural to me.. So thats basically why I've decided to be a vegetarian, but if you chose to eat meat that's your decision and im not going to hate you for it or anything.

"My choice is what I choose to do,
    And if I'm causing no harm, it shouldn't bother you.
    Your choice is who you choose to be,
    And if you're causin' no harm, then you're alright with me."

peace :)

16. lace_and_feet

That's a great point.

17. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Yeah, exactly, it's a CHOICE. Some people don't HAVE that choice. Like I said, bottom line is not everyone in the world is fortunate enough to have a food supply that's so ample that they could say "Oh, I don't believe in this, so therefore I won't eat it." There are people starving in other parts of the world, which personally, I think is an entirely bigger issue than the veggie vs non-veggie debate. But that's WAY off topic, and I won't get into it here.

Anyway, it's nobody's business what you or I or anyone else in the world eats. We should all consider ourselves lucky that we have enough food to even make that choice. That's what I'm saying.

We sound like broken records in here.

18. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Cats have sharp claws for catching prey, sharp teeth for tearing it, and slender bodies and long tails for speed and balance. They are designed to eat meat. Have you ever seen a cougar eat a salad or some vegan chili? No. Of course not, I am the most animal-right-siest person I know, but I do not think you should make a domestic animal vegan if it was clearly and obviously not meant to be.

Humans have flat teeth for grinding. We have to cook meat before eating it or else we most often get sick or die. We have no claws. But whatever, this isn't an arguement, I'm just stating...

19. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

Exactly... not enough of the world is getting fed. Part of this is because so much of the worlds crops go to livestock production, rather than human beings.

20. lace_and_feet

We also have canines, (or cuspids, or fangs, whatever you want to call them) that assist in the tearing of flesh.