How Many Times Per Week Do You Workout?

Discussion in 'Deadbear's Gym' started by Ashalicious, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Fourty-five minutes is pretty long for interval training. It's easy to overdo it, so more is not always better as you can jack up your cortisol levels doing too much. Too much cardio is also counter-productive if you are looking to gain lean mass. Thirty minutes should really be the max when doing HIIT. It's better to go all out on just 5 or 6 intervals than do 15 intervals that are not really high-intensity.

Protein shakes are not necessary, but I drink one almost everyday post-workout. Try to find a good quality whey concentrate if you're doing shakes. But as long as you are meeting your protein requirement from food, protein shakes are not necessary.

2. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I don't think I am meeting my protein requirement from food though, although I can't say for sure.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

About .08-1.0 gram per lean body mass is usually sufficient for most people. So if a person weighs 180 and their target weight is 160, then they would want to consume around 145-160 grams of protein per day.

4. Ashalicious

So I should probably want to consume around 100 - 120 grams of protein per day then, I think. Which I am most definitely not getting, that I am sure of.
    Time to start drinking more Whey protein shakes!!!!!!

5. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Try to get in every day if i can

Careful with the crazy high bodybuilder protein amount. Not too good for your kidneys

6. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My exercise consists of jogging my dogs 5 miles 5 days every week....25 miles every week....and all of the stuff i have to do around this house...bending and natural heavy load housework......I should do more.

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

but here i still sit......:D

1 person likes this.
  8. Ashalicious

If it fits, I SITS! :p

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have been taking a muscle recovery powder shake thingy most nights after my jogging or mid section and stretching. It's peach mango and really nice. :)

10. Ashalicious

Hi! What kind of exercise do you do every day?

11. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I train 3 on 1 off.

12. Kerri

Kerri Members

either 4 or 5, my husband and I follow a hybrid powerlifting/oly lifting program

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm surprised I haven't already posted in this thread! :)

I go almost every day. Sometimes I take a break on Saturday, sometimes on Sunday, or sometimes on a weekday. But anyway, typically I go twice a day! Once for 400 calories, or about 20 minutes on the Cybex Arctrainer,; then again for 300 calories on the, or about 15 minutes on the Cybex Arctrainer.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

As I understand it the shake weight provides both the exercise AND the protein!

Now I'll be damned, it takes your pulse too!

[​IMG]

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

30 -45 minutes of weights and body resistance exercises 4 - 5 days a week

I rarely do cardio anymore, maybe 20 minutes of sprint-walk intervals every couple of weeks

But I've noticed since i've started focusing more on building muscle my endurance is much higher than when I used to focus more on cardio

16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have never been to a gym in my life.

I got enough exercise in everyday life at work, climbing 400 stairs to get to the projection rooms of theaters. lifting heavy equipment, (often carrying it up all those stairs) and walking about 8 miles a day between sites. crawling through access ducts was also flexing a few muscles that I never knew that I had.

Gyms are for office workers and pensioners.

Hang on a minute. Just realized that I am now retired. :weary::weary::weary::weary:

Eric! likes this.
  17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Agreed. There's no need for a gym unless perhaps one really needs to keep working out in winter too and feel they're deprived from good possibilities because it sucks outside.
    I personally don't work out a lot, certainly not in winter!

wilsjane likes this.
  18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The thing that amused me, was the afternoon that a guy was getting in a panic because his wife was not back with the car and he needed to get to the gym. It was a sunny day and the gym was less than 10 minutes walk from his home. Although it was about 15 years ago, it still makes me laugh.

Eric! likes this.
  19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well shit, i thought i was doing really good lately, but apparently i did more 3 years ago. i'm still at about 3 days a week lifting, but nothing intentional on the weekends. i do think i have a better system for my lifting though.

i just did the annual adult swim meet this past weekend, and it has really made me realize that i need to get some cardio into my life somewhere. i'm the strongest i've ever been, but i'm fucking exhausted after swimming a 50.

20. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

5 times a week.

Or for people who enjoy sports or working out in general. Though that should be obvious.

EloiseAtThePlaza and wilsjane like this.