How many times have you had a broken relationship?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Let's say since 2000 till now 2007?
    Was it you that broke it or the other party?
    Were you crushed if the other was the villain?
    Have you perfectly recuperated from that, and have began feeling good again?

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I've had the one I'm in now broken several times, by both of us, and we are still married and fuckin like rabbits. Since 2000 too.

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

none. thanks.

4. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

I tend to break it off before it can be called a relationship.

5. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

what do you mean "broken"? if things are going down teh shitter and i dont feel the urge to make it work i end it, simple as that. maybe i give up too easily >.<

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

None here...thank goodness!

7. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

In that time, I've been in two relationships that have actually mattered. Both breakups were difficult but the first one was mutual, the second one was not and really broke my heart. But life goes on and so do I.

8. ruski

ruski Senior Member

i was in one and i got crushed and my heart broke repeatedly. i eventually fell out of love with him and moved on and then it was his turn to be devastated and his heart broke from that. he didnt realise he loved me till i left and by then it was too late.

now im with someone else and more happy than ive ever been

i was quite damaged after it all happened, it was hard for me to open up to anyone again and it took a while for me to be open again but i got there. ive tried being friends with him and we've spoken about what happened since then but i just cant 100% forgive him for some reason.. i just feel like part of me will always dislike him

9. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

6, actually... I wasn't one to be tied down in high school, obviously. First one was my first boyfriend ever when I was 14, and the last was a guy I had the hots for all throughout high school, ended when I was 18...both only lasted about 6 weeks each. The ones in between...well, I could go on forever, but I won't.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I have never been in a truly serious relationship, but at the same time... I never tried to be in a truly serious relationship...

So, no possibility for broken relationships.

11. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

yeah i break it off usually.. probably about 3 times or so? i lost count.

12. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

people seem to be reading this questin in many different ways, as an abusive relatoinship or one where they broke it off. ithink the op meant abusive, but its hard to say with such an abmiguous word as "broken". ive never been in an abusive relationship but ive broken it off many times

13. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

What's a broken relationship? One that ended?

If so, since 2000- zero.

14. Hobes

Hobes Member

this should be a pole

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that recent? i've been married for THAT long. something like 11 or 12 years now. and to think i was already over 40 when that happened. for the first and only time in my life.

yah the first time, well the time the first female human i'd ever had sex with decided my impatience with having my attention demanded too often and too thoughtlessly was too boring to/for her, i was really angry she hadn't been more honest with me about her feelings sooner. maybe she couldn't have. who knows. but that was so many ages ago. would you believe 1972 or so. ha, most of you weren't even born yet. what a trip.

that was the only really bad break up for me. there was one other time, when it was me who felt i had to leave someone else, not because of them at all, and not because of wanting to either, i just wanted to be able to offer them/her, more of a life then i was able to, and my intention was to only go away long enough to find work and then come back to or for her.

but you know how life is. best layed plans and all that. really felt bad about that happening the way it did and still do. although i still don't know what, if anything else i could have done.

well, so now i'm married to someone else other then either of them and have been for the past, however many it now is years. and it doesn't look much like either of us are ever going to leave the other until one or the both of us keels over.

=^^=
    .../\...

16. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

"broken" is too serious for all my previous relationships.....they just peacefully ended and i felt no bitterness at all
    thanks god :)

and they were not serious either by the way

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that would have been my preference too. and for there to have been more of them then there were.

although i'm sure how a relationship can be both nonserios and personal at the same time.

=^^=
    .../\...

18. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I've had three relationships broken since 2000 and only with the last one, we have kept long distance friendly relations. The present one is not clear what we are...if friends or otherwise; but for a musician, that is average.

19. mr_two_1988

mr_two_1988 Member

I'm with BraveSirRubin... never had a lot of chances, there was only one short term relationship that was bound to end on it's own anyway... and I don't think a first date with no followup counts...