How many things you are into and wish others would?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Actually they found me, this group is 20+ years old. I've only been around them for 4 years. But they are my family both in and out of period. Almost everyone pictured on the dancing pig blog are brothers and sisters.

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I'm curious now.

How did they find you?

3. Zoomie

I'm married to a founding member.

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Now that explains it all!

5. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

except why the gardner ended up dead in the hunting lodge

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Cyonide.

7. Zoomie

Nope. The gardener ended up dead in the hunting lodge because he tugged on my head covering. So I ate his liver with some farva beans and a nice single malt scotch (I hate chianti).

Almost forgot one: http://www.fauvepainter.com

8. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

is Gardner Liver tasty? or was that a ritual kinda thing?

9. Zoomie

I tastes like horse liver. Must be all the grass.

10. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Me, and I wish all the others int he world were more into me as well, except horny old men...and horny young men...and horny middle-aged men and serial killers, sexual predators, steve irwon's family and the cast from The Real World Seatle.

11. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

where do you rescue reptiles from and where do you take them?

12. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

i'm very lucky to have a friend at work who i talk to about historical stuff, religious and philosophical things as well as relationships and work shit... hehe. and i get to enjoy anime, hentai, my weird perversions and love of nature and a little drug experimenting with my hubby-to-be and it's pretty easy to find ppl to go dancing with... usually.

so yeah... i can't really think of anything right now

13. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

then perhaps you need to try to diversify your interests rather than expecting those around you to have the same focus. if you're reaally open , you can find something you have in common with most people. it may not be your idea of something deep or philosophical, but nonetheless there is shared experience.

it's ego that judges us as like or not like other people. that in itself is a shared experience, however. i guarantee everybody you meet, from Celtic reinactors to NASCAR rednecks has an ego. you do too, so that in itself is something to celebrate. the judgement that a fellow ego-bound Self is operating in a higher or lower state of awareness and therefore must have nothing to share with yours in terms of discussion is itself an ego-call, and reinforces the illusion of separateness.

the Earth Trip is not a contest, but it plays one on TV.

perhaps you need to balance your chakras? i'm sensing all your energy is in your head.

14. Merry Mab

Merry Mab Member

Now, THAT sounds like fun. I've always wanted to be involved with a group of re-enactors and immerse myself in the history of the character I'd chosen.

I have an online friend from Wales whose passion is folklore and history. I have spent many happy times listening to her tell me about ancient heroes and such. Her house was built on the site of a Roman fortress, and she's told me they've found countless Roman coins in her gardens.

I used to cook outside with cast iron camp ovens. I had a friend to do it with, but our family situations (her children are grown, and mine are still young) have caused us to drift apart. *sigh*

15. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Perhpas your'e right but most people are working on only basic survival like marrigae sex, food work etc. How many people in your neighborhood can talk about chakras? and if mentioned that to them they'd diss you as a loony.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the things I do like like drawing, recording, songwriting, scriptures, nature walks, discussion forums etc, but when you
    can discuss your interests with other people the joy multiplies.

I have people whom I play with, others to go to forests with, but it's not like everyone has the same four or five interests, you get me? I'm sure this is
    felt by everyone, and perhpas we are all experiencing that.

16. Tommy1The1Cat

Tommy1The1Cat Senior Member

i love that comic u posted thats hilarious

17. Zoomie

From pet stores that dont know how to care for them.

From people who buy them not knowing what they are getting.

From people who call me because "There's a big green thing in my garage".

From the National Zoo, Baltimore Zoo, Philadelphia Zoo.

I nurse them back to health, usually beg for veterinary office visits, beg for meds at cost, and once they are healthy I find them homes. Or the move up the rescue chain.

Ever try to find an adoptive family for a 5m Rock Python with a taste for feline flesh? I love a challenge!