How many pets do you have?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by TheDoorsOfPerception, May 20, 2004.

1. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

how do you all come up with those cool names?? our cats are called Miep and Minoes which are pretty standard names :eek:

2. weep

weep Senior Member

We went through namebooks and dictionaries. "Ambrosius" is from that movie "Labyrinth" with David Bowie.

Love, Peace and Happiness

3. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I have name obession and went through lots of name books, websites etc. I actually found the name Branwen on a website about Welsh mythology (she is the goddess of love)

Then when we met her I just couldn't imagine Branwen being called anything else. The woman who ran the rescue centre had considered calling her Lucky. That inspired her middle name Felicity (which means luck/happiness)

Now I'm trying to think of names that would go with Branwen. Might go with eithier another Welsh or mythological name. But probably just the first thing that comes to mind :)

TTFN
    Sage

4. Ellis

Ellis Member

Well, we have a donkey. A sheep, she's so fat, but a sweet little thing. 6 cats (or oldest gave birth to 3 kittens). 2 geese (or however you spell it...). 6 chickens, they follow me around in the yard, silly things... And a dog, with an awfull smell.
    I love them all, my darlings...

5. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

1 dog -- a Welsh corgi -- Dante's Divine Comedy -- we call him 'Bue'

4 cockatiels -- Konnor, Koda, KC, and Kyra

6. monkey gone to heave

monkey gone to heave Guest

I have roughly 75 pets right now. About 18 leopard geckos, 54 bearded dragons, 2 crested geckos and a dog. Plus the 2000 mealworms and 2000 crickets I have to feed them all.

7. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

well a a kitten named Mr. Tibbs, another kitten named Moe, a cat named pearl, a cat named bowser, and a dog named Taz aka Tazzie haha

peace
    chickens

8. FashionForPaws

FashionForPaws Member

We have an amazing cat Herbie the Love Bug, and the cutest guinea pig ever, Patchouli. They are the best! :D :D

Much love,
    Sara

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. MrsA-Camper

MrsA-Camper Member

My zoo is almost gone! Just down to a few critters

1 dog Misty, rescued from the woods -hunters abandon dogs all the time
    2 cats, Smokey Joe and Zeta
    1 iguana Kermit
    1 snake Boots - but she'll never make more than a hat band at most!
    and latest is a bunny named Chilly - although I told everybody they could make up their own names for him, cuz he's never gonna come when he's called... actually he's the funniest bunny I've ever owned, and pretty damn smart for a rodent!

10. vinceneilsgirl

vinceneilsgirl Member

4 female siamese cats-Angel, Sagwa, Sarobi, and Cringer

11. LaceCurtains

LaceCurtains Member

Hi I am new and a total animal lover. We currently have one Golden Retriever named Ashley - she's 1 1/2 yrs now. She was dumped by some cold hearted moron at age 10 weeks on our street, starved to the point of being under 3 pounds and barely alive. We took her in, managed to pull her through, and today I am delighted to say that she is the most beautiful, happy dog I've ever seen. She is our baby and absolutely runs the household LOL. We also have three guinea pigs, which are such cool animals - Bey, Brittany, and Hannah. We have about 13 various tetras in our aquarium.

Actually, this is the fewest pets we've ever had. Back early this year, I became very ill, and we found homes for our parakeets - good homes, I assure you. We thought of doing the same with the pigs, but ended up keeping them. I was afraid that I would be unable to properly care for them for who knows how long, but thankfully it's getting better. Since it is just my husband and I, no kids, and he works two jobs, we wanted to ensure that our animals would not be neglected in the event I was down for any length of time.

Now that things are better, I am sure it is only a matter of time until another poor stray wanders up. We cannot seem to resist taking in a stray - all of our animals are "rescues".

Glad to see a board with other animal lovers.

12. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

My family has 2 dogs, Jock, a Pekinese, and Fox, a Belgian Sheppard mixed with a Huski, and 3 cats... we still had 4 2 weeks ago but Azrael has left the house since we moved. Bouchon is our oldest cat, he's grey and white, with short hair, and really fat! Then we have Leeloo, she's white, grey and red, and Janis, an Occicat, who's been missing for a few days, but will hopefully come back!

13. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

i have 5 cats, and a dog. i adore animals.

14. Melancholia

Melancholia Member

Seven (yes, *seven*) birds:

5 budgies
    1 cockatiel
    1 african grey

15. LullabySam

LullabySam Member

I have 5 fish which we havent named cause we'll forget them (and 3 are the same colour) and i also have 3 cats, Truffle, Candy and kitty.

16. KermodeBear

KermodeBear Member

Three Dogs:
    Antoinovic - German Shepherd mix; Very sweet and gentle, the best behaved of the pack. His only problem is that he likes to run away and give me a heart attack. He's my buddy, we go out for a walk every night, just the two of us.

Darby O'Gill - Chow-Chow / German Shepherd mix; I believe that he was traumatized by an early puppy-hood experience when he was taken from his mother. He is sullen and paranoid, but extremely affectionate within the family

pUPpY!!! - Husky / Labrador / Pitbull mix; Hyper, intelligent, and always causing trouble. pUPpY!!! is very shy with stranges. He also has an obsession with licking.

Three Rabbits:
    Clover - Well mannered, mostly white with a brown stripe on his back.

Broken Foot - He had a broken foot at one time, as the name implies. He is very messy and seems to enjoy pooping in his water. He also has pasteurella, so he is kept from the other rabbits. Even so, he's friendly as rabbits go and enjoys company.

Pepper - White with black spots, this little bugger has an attitude. He's grumpy plain and simple.

Two horses:
    Hannibal - Tennesee Walker. If he was brown and had antlers, he's look like a moose. He's big, broad, kind of dumb, and very lovable.

Kansas - Tennesee Walker. He's snippy and bossy. That's okay, he's the herd leader. Kansas is going blind and deaf though, so his position is in trouble, which leads him to try to assert himself more firmly as time passes. A fantastic horse for trail riding.

One mule:
    Virgil - A white mule. This critter has the most character I've ever seen in an equine / equine mix. He's smart and likes to play with pUPpY!!!; They'll chase eachother around and have a great time. He also loves face rubs and enjoys using humans as his own personal rubbing post - which leaves a guarenteed layer of unable-to-remove-without-tape white hair.

That is just the current count. My family and I have worked in the realm of humane activities in the past, and that is how we came up with most of the animals that we have today - A count that is far lower than it used to be. Aside from the standard fair of pet animals, we've also kept sheep, cows, goats, pigs, and even a snake for a few days.

The most animals we've had at once? Well, one time we ended up with about ten horses and a few dogs and cats, plus a dozen rabbits - most of which were pregnant. THAT was a hectic Summer.

Helping the animals can be a lot of work and can end up being very costly, but for myself, at least, the reward is well worth the trouble.

17. Bee_Rain

Bee_Rain ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

1 dog, and malamute/wolf mix, 3 Khaki Campbell ducklings, 2 baby rabbits (not sure of the breed) and as of this weekend, a milking goat.:)

18. Mindy

Mindy Member

Hi! I'm a newbie and I absolutely love domsetic pets, especially hamsters. I have 2 hamsters. One is named Pepsi... Both are syrians. One is a short haired syrian and the other's a teddy bear! He he. I love them alot!

19. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

at the moment we've got

a huge pink kisser fish
    two parakeets
    my baby a mix between german sheppard and doberman pincer, names blue
    a desert tortoise
    a tarantula

weve also had frogs mice hamsters a snake lots of birds dogs