how many people do you currently live with?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by broony, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

When I lived with three other people (two guys and one girl), the guys were awesome, but the girl was horrible. My room was next to hers, her boyfriend would come over a lot, and I had to listen to everything they did. Everything.
    There were two bathrooms - male and female, and he would always use the female one. It sucked because I didn't agree to that when I first moved in.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I prefer the girl big time. The guy is a bit too boring and his girlfriend is really annoying. She tried to discuss some of her thoughts with me but I really didn't feel like going into it and it turned into a big riot and a house gathering to speak out all things that bothered anyone. Things have not been as mellow as before :D

3. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

When I got too annoyed I left :-D
    Maybe some of you noticed I am not too good at confrontation.

4. Asmodean

Just say no, I don't want to here it. It's that simple. To be honest, I felt personally attacked by what she tried to tell me and did not react ideally neither. In fact I yelled at her almost literally to get lost. She started her argument rather inpractical though. Anyone would feel personally attacked.... so when she later during our housetalk said I ruined it because I felt personally attacked for nothing all was lost permanently :biggrin: We solved it politely but now avoid eachother as much as possible (pretty easy so suits me :p).

5. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

That sucks.
    I've lived in a few share houses, and drama would always arise.
    A long time ago I lived with a couple of guys, both rather grumpy and both very stubborn. They had an issue that went on for months, it got so bad they were leaving each other notes in front of their bedroom door, they'd refuse to speak to each other. It was always tense around that house until one of them finally moved out.

But at least they were both paying rent; if my housemate's girlfriend had an issue she could get the fuck out of my house. If you're not paying rent, you have no rights. If you're not paying rent, but you're always there, and then you're getting up in my shit or giving me shit in any way, shape or form, you better get out of my house before I unleash my unrestrained wrath.

6. Asmodean

To be clear: I only avoid that girlfriend! It doesn't suck from my experience :D I get along well with my housemates and the boyfriend of my female housemate.

edit: and since I like to keep getting along with my houseate as well I don't tell his girlfriend to get out (well only the time I already mentioned :p), but technically I agree with you about the ones who don't pay rent

7. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Yeah but it sucks giving/getting the cold shoulder to/from someone who is regularly at your house.

I hear ya on keeping things cool with the housemate, tbh I probably would have talked to him about it first. If that didn't help, and the gf kept on being a bitch, I would tell her in no uncertain terms how much her opinions were worth (rent?) and let her know she could fuck off out of my house and/or keep her bitch mouth shut if she had a problem with me.

Admittedly, I get a little bit carried away with these things. My house is my sanctuary, and I get grumpy as hell when someone fucks with my sanctuary.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

That would only bother me if I wasn't getting any.

9. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

We have raccoons. Our cats aren't indoors for that reason though. around here if your cats are outdoor, they're beasts and they'll be fine. but once they're indoors, they should probably just stay.

10. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

At one time there were 2 racoons that would come up on the back porch and eat the cat food. I found them to be scary fuckers...much bigger than cats and after a few times of scaring them off, they weren't scared of me whatsoever. :eek: I knew those LONG claws could rip something in two - me and/or cats.

The cats were wise and stayed away from 'em...I don't know what happened; but the racoons never came before or since but several months in a summer/fall.

Possums try to take up residence here sometimes; but they like walking in front of cars too much. ;)

11. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I live with my boyfriend and cat.

Some people have been talking about sharehouse drama. I empathize! I am so happy to no longer be flatting.

I used to live with a crazy Korean bitch that tried to get my boyfriend banned from coming over - when she didn't even own the house, and he wasn't even doing anything offensive...just hanging out with me in my room. Then she must have had some other people that hated her too - because someone scratched the neighbour's car with a key and left a note with her phone number on it AND listed her on a Korean massage website so she had lots of dodgy guys calling her. So she called the police and said me and my boyfriend had done it!!!

I moved out straight away...but if I ever see that fucking bitch on the street again....!!! But I wish I could give the genius who actually thought to list her name and number on the massage website a medal.:2thumbsup:

12. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I rented out my spare bedroom a week ago, so right now I'm living with a roommate and my dog.

It's hard to find reliable roommates that I feel comfortable living with. The last one lasted about 5 months before he took off without notice, leaving all his stuff for me to deal with. I enjoy living alone but I also enjoy paying half of the rent. Hopefully this one works out.

13. Perilless

Perilless Member

About 7 billion....:rolleyes:

14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Actually, yeah, people moaning and sort of screaming next room do bother me. The guys and me were medical students at the moment, we had a lot to do, and we were very silent and considerate. I miss those guys, they were truly amazing. She was however loud and not very clean. Her boyfriend was disgusting.
    Also, I don't think I would be having sex if there were three other people in the apartment. It's awkward for me. I don't know, I am just glad my roommate days are over.

15. nooneleft

nooneleft Member

This pic ROCZ!! :sunny:
    They look like the best of buds.

16. nooneleft

nooneleft Member

Yep you're obviously more of a social animal than I am lol. I slaughtered all of my social butterflies long ago. :smash:

17. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

My wife a dog and cat. The daughter just moved out again but I'm sure she'll be back.

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just little 'ol me.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

three. none of whom am i related to other then cognitively, (nor are the others in any other way related to each other) nor knew, other then meeting once in real life and several times on line. the four of us have really only one thing in common, and that is, whatever you think of us, "furry".

one owns the house and the rest of us rent from him. there are also three cats and three dogs. all ten of us are reasonably friendly, each in our own, sometimes slightly strange, ways.

all of us occasionally make something resembling art, so we have that in common too. though none of us are artists for a living nor primarily.

three of us, including myself, are air force vets, and all four of us, to varying degrees technonerds. all four of us, to varying degrees live on our computers, each in different ways.

a rather ordinary house in most ways, both inside and out. although i am building a model railroad in my own room. oh there's also a hot tub in the garage.

20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Thought You Lived Alone...:).???

Cheers Glen.