How many pairs of Shoes do you own?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by incredibl_shrinking_man, Dec 31, 2011.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Probably like 7 or 8 pairs. I mainly wear flip flops or plain flats, but I have others for different occasions. Gladiator sandals when I know I won't be walking a lot because they're slightly uncomfortable, two different pairs of sneakers for days when I'll be hiking or walking a lot for some reason. I have a pair of fuzzy boots that'll last me the rest of my life because I wear them maybe three or four times a year when it's cold enough. Then a pair of regular boots.

It's complicated really. I stick to the shoes that are comfortable because I had club foot when I was born and the doctor over corrected my feet and they point outwards and walking for too long is uncomfortable in general so I need my shoes to be comfy at the very least. Just trying on shoes tells me nothing so I end up with shoes I don't realize are uncomfortable until I go to a festival all day and my feet are dying.

2. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

I can relate. After paying for food and stuff and rent and bills there is not much left. Can't afford to buy new clothes or shoes. I have one outfit that is almost falling apart and a pair of plastic slippers I bought for winter.

But I like it minimalistic and I prefer a more or less stress-free living over having a lot of money. :)

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

One dress and one daily wear. Never felt the need for Jordan's any thought to shoes. If they keep the water out they are fine.

4. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

4 pairs of boots, one pair of hiking boots, one pair of sneakers. Then let's talk about hats....LOL

GLENGLEN likes this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

April 2019.....Still Not A Shoe To Be Seen.......Local Newspaper Wants To Do An Article On

Me.....But I'm Far Too Modest For That...... :p

Cheers Glen.

6. Yikes!

I can imagine when you are doing the shopping you have no shoes on and you have to go super slowly through the supermarket.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Why "Super Slowly"...???... I Don't Understand Your Post....???....:confused2:

Cheers Glen.

8. There could be broken glass, it could be slippery if you aren't wearing shoes.

Supermarkets are known to have spills and broken glass.

idahocowboy likes this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i keep seeing people say this on hipforums, and i'm really curious what jank-ass supermarkets you people are shopping at. hell, i buy my groceries from walmart and even there i never come across these things.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm probably getting a new pair of hiking boots soon. Weather is warm and dem hills need a walken.

11. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

3 pairs
    A pair of sneakers , a part of Vans slip on' s and a pair of steel toed shoes. I haven't worn any shoes though for a few weeks now and probley won't till maybe October

GLENGLEN likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

-1x black sheepskins.

13. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Oh, this made me laugh.
    I have this very same thread at my two other forums.
    I have hundreds of pairs of shoes, same with boots, then sandals.
    I can't help but keep buying more.
    I love Jimmy Choos.

bluewatersurfer likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

+1x black sheepskins. :p

15. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I have heard of ladders in your stockings, but!!!!!
    [​IMG]

16. Brittney blonde

Brittney blonde Members

I have probably have 45 pairs of shoes and atleasr 20 pairs of boots.

GoGo Boots likes this.
  17. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have shoes than I probably should have: mostly casual, athletic and outdoor/hiking.

18. Sagewynd

Sagewynd Real men wear bras

2 chacos
    1 teva "terra-fi 4" river sandals
    2 Adidas "top ten" high tops
    1 nike Air Force one high tops
    1 Red Wing hunting boots, for hiking and work
    1 black leather combat boots
    1 alpinestar Tech 7 MX boots
    And rollerblades gathering dust in the closet after a knee injury a couple years ago, but those probably don't count

I live in chacos when i'm not at work, once I punch the clock boots go off and sandals go on (sometimes mismatched!!). wish i could go barefoot but there's too much broken glass and too many used H-needles around here to risk it, the joys of city life i guess.

19. We discovered when we moved to a new apartment that I own 26 pairs of shoes and 33 pairs of boots. 10 of which are thigh high or crotch high. So I may need to take a bag of them to the charity shop soon because space is tight