how many old hippies here still go to live music?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by mimosa, Jan 8, 2005.

1. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

Great story Shameless-You and I are about the same age and I also spent many sunny days on hippy hill plying my silver flute-Golden Gate park was like being in the country and was always filled with love and laughter-Some of my best times ever were there watching Janis singing her heart out (between pulls on the Southern Comfort-lol)-Lay back-eat fish and chips-listen to the music-drink wine smoke herb-eat Owsley (the stuff-not the man) and enjoy your neighbors' brothers and sisters-smells like patchouli oil everywhere!-and lots of incense-good time to be a young person-and be free-ps-Portland has a great big' 3 day outdoor blues festival every July-4 stages-many groups-and it's a food drive-3 cans to get in!-well worth it!

2. hippypaul

hippypaul Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Still go - when I can afford it (grin) - last was Flogging Molly before that was Warren Zevon's last tour.

3. hippypaul

hippypaul Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You are never intruding when you are among friends - go where you will - do what you wish - be who you are

4. Grimace

Grimace Member

At age 48, I am becoming a Rock Festival addict. I go to as many as I can make. I refuse to go to concerts in stadiums and pay outrageous prices to see the big name bands these days. I'd rather go to outdoor concerts with lesser known, but still good bands. I love dancing on lawns in front of the stage. This weekend I will be at the Wormfest. Nothing like combining camping and live rock music!

5. wizarddrew77

wizarddrew77 The Wiz

Just saw Richie Havens and The Jefferson Starship over the Summer.
    Also a Ton of Great Reggae Groups that were awesome.

6. Grimace

Grimace Member

I just saw Richie Havens last week for my third time. I was supposed to see Jefferson Starship at The Gathering Of The Vibes but they canceled.

7. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

Had a great weekend...always nice to see Vince play out. Was funny hearing the kiddies refer to him as "the dead guy."