How many of you are ACTUAL open hippies?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 14, 2004.

1. hip healer

hip healer Member

It's correct both ways. Hippy, hippie, hippies, it's all good.

Hippie is just the label for people that fall under the category, just like punk, goth, preppy, blahblahblah. If I were to put myself under a label I would definatley be a hippie, and I would be a 10. I am very open about my hippieness, my friend always introduces me to other people like this, "this is Ted, he's a hippie."

2. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

Oh yeah! I would rate myself a 9!!
    I am VERY open about it!!!

3. John221

John221 Senior Member

I'd say I'm somewhere around 9¾.

4. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

I watch, eat, wear, pick up, listen to, what ever the hell I want to!

5. John221

John221 Senior Member

Damn right!

6. caffinateddrummer

caffinateddrummer Member

aah hippies. i love them.

i prefer NOT to label myself, because i cannot!

here are some hippy things about me and some non hippy things about me..

1(music). i love reggae/rock music like led zeppelin and sublime but i don't limit myself to that. i also really, really enjoy ska and punk (minor threat, black flag punk.. not the pansy punk played on the radio) and then theres the emo/rock that i listen to A LOT and also some techno/industrial that i'm also into. i also play drums in THREE bands. a punk band, an emo band and an insane band. I have "jammed" like many of the hippies i know... but i dont like it very much. I prefer playing supa fast and supa loud;)

2(clothes.. since they seem to be very important to you). I own a hippy skirt that i love a lot but only wear in warm weather, i own a few tye dye shirts that i wear whenever but i also own a pair of combat boots that i LOVE. aside from that i normally wear weird t-shirts bought from thrift stores or jeans/jeans that i've added stuff onto or these sweet ass baggy pants with cloud fabric. theyre sweet ;)

3(drugs). I LOVE marijuana and shrooms. I don't do them very often and i don't deal them.. but i LOVE THEM. shrooms are amazing. i suggest everyone try them atleast once.

4(protests). I go to as many war/bush protests as i can, as well as a few others on the side (take back the night and pro-gay marriage). I love protests. I love getting out and being with all the people and sharing what i believe in.

5(hippy.. things). I want to work in a hippy store this summer just so i can go to work stoned all the time. I LOVE listening to drum circles (perhaps its because i'm a drummer) and i think dreadlocks are way hot. I love watching people hack but i myself cannot. I also love skateboarding. i think skateboarding is the hottest damn thing around. Thats why i made my emo band buy a skateboard with our money we won from battle of the bands. i myself enjoy snowboarding.

6(the earth). after doing shrooms i feel like me and mother earth are tight now. i love the idea of world peace and a peaceful anarchist solution. no corporations, no media. i hate corporations but end up buying into them sometimes.. i used to be a vegitarian but i felt silly compared to vegans, so i stopped. i dont pick up trash because i live in a city and i feel like it is silly to pick up trash in a place that has already been so polluted. however, when i'm in the "arb" (a huge park) or in the forest near my house i do a good job of not littering.

so. you be the judge. am i hippy enough for yoU?

frankly i do not care what you think. i am what i am and if you pass me on the street i'll probably mumble something like "smelly hippy cowboy"... :) just kidding. but yeah. but what you're saying 'we should express our inner hippy on the outside' or whatever. bullshit. we should be whatever we want to be.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR LABELS :sunglasse

I'm out.

7. snelio37

snelio37 Member

^yay.

I always wear tie dyes, mostly just because i enjoy all of the colors. i hate having to pick just one...

if you say me walking down the street, you might be able to tell. My hair is kind of a mess ( why should i comb it? it does fine all my itself, and it hurts a lot less), i have several homemade bracelets on my arm, although i don't know if that represents anything. I smell strongly of clary sage, as i have a vial of it hanging around my neck, and... i guess that's it. i have one "hippie skirt", and all my pants have holes or are in the process of getting holes at the pockets, so there's lots of patches in my future. maybe you would and maybe you wouldn't

8. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

meh, I'm really into designer thingies, and I do have gap jeans and I actually LIKE pink.
    But I'm still sadly stereotyped as a hippie because I care about the environment, I'm political, I like some "old music", and I enjoy art and poetry.

I live with my time, and yet stay true to myself.

I've got a strong enough personality to wear and listen to things that I like, not because someon qualified a clothe as "hip".

kissouilles:)

9. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

My friend here said I was 8. There is a naturalistic philosophy behind the hippy movement. So no, i dont buy close at the nearest mall , i prefer the thrift store since its just another form of recycling. and I will sport my buddhist beads and like the sandles since my feet can breathe. People never let their feet breathe! I was walkign down the city street one day and noticed how closed people are with their feet. I thought about it for many minutes, which is quite a lot for 'feet reflection' then the average joe.

My poitn is! The way the 'hippy' looks is not completely irrelevant, usually the philosophy does reflect a person's appearence. I'm not one to judge but i am one to evaluate. We use our appearences to promote what we love, that's how i see it. So for all of you who say "well i dont liek to judge and appearance is nothing!" Sure i agree with that, but dont discard appearances at all times. Use is to its fullest potential, promoting peace, the environment etc.

Peace out friend