How many of you are ACTUAL open hippies?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 14, 2004.

1. earthfairy

earthfairy Member

without speaking to a person, you will not know if they are a true "hippie" or whatever word you may use for a free spirit. Please dont stereotype by outer appearances. I am a girl who dresses the way i feel when i wake up in the morning. this may be "hippie" or may be "preppy" or "gothic" but i am the same soul no matter what i wear. peace and love...namaste

2. SapphireSerenity

SapphireSerenity Member

You seem kind of rude here... But I do understand where you're coming from... Me, I do sometimes wear tie dye and hemp pants, etc... But that definitely doesn't make you a hippy... I enjoy watching American Idol... I don't watch MTV or anything... (Local channels only...) I listen to any type of music... Wether it be The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, or even Britney Spears... I do pick up garbage on the ground when I see it and don't waste [Florida's Water] :)))... And I am a vegetarian (trying to convert to vegan) I do consider myself a hippy even though I sometimes listen to "popular" music and stuff...

~ Sapphire

3. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

I think what you're saying here is true. The term "hippie" has no definition, so what makes you a hippie or not is your choice.

4. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i cant even read all this.

so the ques. is "how hippy do i dress"?

wtf

well i wear tie, bell bottoms at times, long skirts, i also wear jeans, tshirts, band shirts, what ever....

i would never call myself a hippie.

all the real hippies are older then us.

it's not about A FREAKING IMAGE, it's about what you believe in and what you do about it. it's about harmony....

but..... it's all about the clothes and looking hip, huh?

haha....typical.

5. Peace

Exactly, it's not about the name "hippie". It's about the ideals and beliefs. Anyoen can imitate looks, but it is much harder to imitate others beliefs especially if you know nothing about them. Just my thoughts.

-Peace

6. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

fucking christ. I am seriously gonna slit my throat or something out of sheer desperation. READ WHAT I SAID it IS about image, this post isn't about your fucking morals or musical choice I AM ASKING DO YOU DRESS IN THE STEREOTYPE!

Because you know what? interval illusion and others are gonna freak out over this but:
    alot of people who call themselves something dont have the courage to stand out and show it publicly. Bite that you dicks. It's true. I could say "Oh I hate conformism, and I'm really individual, and I clean up garbage, and like, I listen to groovy music" and yet they cant wear ANYTHING different because they can't stand out, they're wearing whatevers hip and current. don't dare say that doesn't happen. ALOT of people are inidivual in their minds but are too afraid to show it.
    I'm seriously wondering wtf is wrong with you guys if you get up in arms about this, I swear, like, seriously, WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID of like, fitting in, have some of you tried so hard to be different that you can't be normal for five minutes? seriously, like get out of your defensive state in your personailty:"im better cuz I say 'dont steroetype people, and thats the hippy way" I know some of you aren't thinking that exact thought but DONT PREACH
    and READ ALL THE POSTS because I clarified things and some of you just read the first post and replied.
    fuck guys, come on grow up, be mature enough to be able to look at yourself you fucks. I'm sorry for calling you names but you can't measure how much some of these ignorant (about my "ignorance") infuriate me.

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

well.... most hippies do not fear a lot, or they try not to a lot.

so any 'real' hippie would not be afraid to something as petty as stand out.

8. We_All_Shine_On

or to fit in. I think people should be comfortable enough with themselves to be able to look at their style under a magnifying glass but apparently not. 'sterotyping" yes! thats what I'm asking! how many of you dress in the steroetypical hippie way? are you PROUD of your hippieness, and do you wear the steroptypical clothes with pride?but people got all offended and tried to preach, like fuck, its a simple question. CHILL

9. We_All_Shine_On

I'm not trying to define what a hippie is, I'm not trying to say "you're only a hippie IF" but sometimes, if you saw someone walking down the street acting like everyone else wearing the same things as them, same everything, how could you tell anything about them? most hip folk seem a bit out of place in an office, even just their gestures or attitudes... If you listen to britney spears it doesnt make you any less of a hippie(i think) and if you wear some tight ass pink "nike" shirt it doesn't make you less of an inner hippie, wild at heart. personally, just my opinion if I met 2 twins, and one was wearing all "cool" clothes, and the other was wearing maybe like a peace sign t shirt, or just a blank t shirt, and some cool hand made jewellery and jeans or WHATEVER, and they both had like, reptutaions as hippies, I would believe the one interesting person over the 'current" gal. Thats just me., butdammit that example totally sucked and I cant make it better, I just want you to come to this post, read what I put and re reply, this time without your head in your ass about 'steroetypes" it's so simple but you all choose to get offended I didnt mean any harm. I'm sorry if my words truly offended anyone.

10. Peace

Like i said, I know I'm a fucker, but those girls honestly did not say "no".

btw.. you're hot when you're mad ;)

11. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I'm not really an ACTUAL open anything. I'm just Lindsey. I'm the girl who hugs trees and loves music. Pretty much all I wear is band shirts and for that reason people at my school call me a "goth". I don't know, I'm just me. I identify with the hippie "culture" and beliefs and stuff, so if that makes me one...?

12. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Wow.

Like I said before, we ALL know clothes don't make The Hippy. Yes, even We_All_Shine_On knows that. That's not what she was saying at all. People are so quick to jump on a high horse that they failed to fully grasp the question.

13. SeveredNebula223

SeveredNebula223 Member

Why dont we just let this thread fucking die already?

Everyone is just repeating themselves...

Repeating themselves....

repeating themselves....

themselves...

themselves.....
    selves...
    elves...ssssssssssssssssssss

14. kilted2000

kilted2000 Member

Musically I listen to what sounds goods and fuck the rest. I usally just wear jeans and a t-shirt, maybe sandels. Remember Timothy Leary said that for evry visible hippy there are hidden hippys turned on to the undergroud.

15. SeveredNebula223

SeveredNebula223 Member

Oh fuck me.

Just fuckin fuck me.

No! Sick bastard!

See this? *Kicks the air* Thats the dead horse. The dead horse that we are all beating. See that? *points to hatchet on the table* Thats the hatchet we havent buried.

Let it die!

16. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

If you want it to die so badly, you should stop responding to it yourself. All you're doing is bumping for the next person to respond to.

17. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hmmm... Not to beat any dead horses or anything of the like. I hear what you're saying We all shine on. I like batik, and tyedye, hemp and birks. I prefer wearing creative clothing made by hand. Been wearing such for years because it's comfy and appealing to my senses.

The days I go to court for work related matters I dress in a blazer, braid my waist length hair but still inject my personal style through jewelry. (I wear a tons of rings and love long dangly earrings.) :) Hair toys are a must!

Some days it's a t-shirt and sweatpants if I am working in my garden.

Some tastes just naturally gravitate towards what is labeled as a "hippy " style. I was raised around it and simply find much of the tye-dye, hempy, beaded stuff beautiful. It means all the more to me to know it was crafted by hand.

I thought this started out as a good thread. If it feels good, wear it. That to me is the beauty of free thinking and feeling. Everyone has a vision and to that individual it is perfect and right.

18. metro

metro self-banned

I agree, all hippys should dress the same that would make it much easier to avoid them. hahahaha[​IMG]

Where are you from anyways We_All_Shine_On, must be a small town! I see people dressed "differently" all the time, not exactly standouts. I'm an actual, open nonconformist when I voice my opinion, eat vegetarian, buy organic, vote, etc...I'm not ashamed of my viewpoints, I just don't think the hippy style is nice looking on me. So I choose my own style of dress. I don't consider myself a hippy but there was a phase when I did and I grew out of it, maybe you will too.

19. blackisbeautiful

blackisbeautiful Member

i guess i could say im an open hippy. i wear tie-dyes pretty much everywhere, i express my non-conformist, non-materialistic, and anti-war views to pretty much everyone, and when someone asks me if im a hippy i tell them that i am.

20. GentleHeartLamb

GentleHeartLamb Member

Well me I would dress more like a hippie if I had any money I get my money from my parents and thats like never but I try to dress diffrent not trendy I love long skirts and anything that goes with it and anything that says peace on it I will buy, I like wearing bandanas even before I felt like or started to dress like a hippe or whatever I did not dress like anyone else I am very picky about what I wear. Ann