How Many Of You Actually Want Kids?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Konvikt, Feb 13, 2017.

?

Do you want to start a family?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. I cant make up my mind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None of my own, would adopt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I prefer doge/cat

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I don't want kids. I have opinions on overpopulation and use of resources and I would fear passing some of my genetics on. So I had a vasectomy. My wife was told she probably can not even have kids but I wanted to be safe.

We may adopt one day and she made me freeze some sperm "just in case". She was more broken up about the whole thing than me and it made her feel better to know we have an option of our DNA passing on. But she thinks like me as far as overpopulation and also sees the benefits of helping unfortunate kids. Honestly I think women just have the urge to mother more. I don't mean to sound sexist it's just the truth.

But overall I think we are pretty happy with just us and the pets.

marcco and Just for fun like this.
  2. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

3. Just for fun

perfect

4. drock69

drock69 Members

I have friends who have children all over the place. That’s something I never wanted for myself!

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

1.6 million children in America are homeless.
    400,540 American children are in foster care.
    16.4 million American children live in poverty; one in five.
    16 million American children struggle with hunger; one in five.
    Every year, 3.8 million American children are victims of child abuse. 1,640 are killed.
    Every year, 10,000 American children are shot.
    2,600 of them are killed.
    Globally, a child dies every ten seconds from hunger or preventable disease, while eight individuals hoard more wealth than 4 billion people.
    Over 90% of the casualties of modern warfare are civilian. During the last ten years, 2 million children have been killed, 4-5 million children disabled, 12 million children left homeless, more than one million children orphaned, and 10 million children psychologically traumatized.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the concomitant Anthropocene Mass Extinction Event, overexploitation of resources and overpopulation will certainly result in the very near future in a Malthusian Check to the human population beyond most human comprehension, perhaps even extinction as a species.
    Considering how catastrophically and irreparably we have betrayed our children and all future generations, I personally cannot imagine a rational argument for bringing one more into this world.
    If you want to have a positive effect on a child's life, try to do something to try and mitigate the suffering of those already here.

scratcho likes this.
  6. Just for fun

I never wanted kids. I went for a vasectomy at 20 years old and they refused. A girl got pregnant, said she was using protection. Such a mess. I should have said yes I am 20 but I have 3 kids with different mamas. Then maybe they would have cut the fucker off.

7. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I want to be an oak tree with acorns .

8. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Never wanted kids prefer dogs...
    funny story when I was a preteen I was at a block party or some such and a young child next to me grabbed a handful of peanut shells and the adults yelled at me to grab them I said NO WAY and moved away.
    Dont like kids

9. Just for fun

When I pump my load into someone I want my sperm to say to each other, "how are we going to find an egg in all this shit." If you get my drift. Or they can also say, "Hey they were some nice tonsils," as they flow down to the burning acid of someone's stomach. But then again I do like knuckle babies.

10. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

You're definitely not selfish if you do not want kids. I always thought in the back of my head that I'd settle down and maybe have a baby at 40 years old. It happened by accident when I was 34.
    It was right at the start of our relationship so never really had the normal time to really get to know and live each other. We parted when our son was 3 like your parents. But we both still have a bonded love to each other and our son has the love and care of us and our parents, he's a happy child. I do sometimes regret that we didn't give him a brother or sister and his mam regrets it more than me as she herself was an only child. I have a sister and our parents separated when we were kids but again qere lucky to have loving family both sides. But my point is, if you someday end up accidentally being a dad, I'm almost certain that you would throw your entire world into raising him/her the best you can.
    Either way, it's your life and do what makes you happy as it's only one go we get on this Earth.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  11. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I'll be happy with at least one kid. Don't care if it's a boy or girl. That's up to nature to decide.

loveslovely and mysticblu21 like this.
  12. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

i always been wanted to be a mom hopefully one day that comes true

randomdude1983 likes this.
  13. Just for fun

never never never

14. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

Wanted kids since I knew how to make them. My son is 5 months old and in a few months we're gonna start rolling the dice to try to make another.

15. Just for fun

Never wanted family, never, never wanted kids. I went for a vascectomy at 21 years old and they refused. Then I was tricked, she got pregnant. My son wanted a family all his life. Now he wonders why I am not like the other relatives who go ga ga over his little fuckers. I am me and I cannot fake who I am. I will never play the insane role of over joyed grand parent. His kids his choice now live with them and all the stress he is creating for himself. I am living an extremely pleasant, free and contented life without a worry in the world and if they want to see me they can stay in a motel and walk the beach with me.

My world is as perfect as it can be. I have a friend with whom I hang out. Yes we happen to be married because that is the way our culture works. We both do not enjoy kids. We have dogs. We are friends with benefits and neither of us feel that having kids will make our lives better. Our lives are as perfect as they can be. Many couples fuck up their lives and say, lets have a kid or 2 and our lives will be better. WRONG.

Some will comment on this post and say, "you seem like you can't love." NO. My answer is, "I do not have the capability to hate, which means I see LOVE as a noun, NOT a verb. Big difference. But many won't understand this because by being ingrained by western culture has completely covered our inner understanding of who we are suppose to be. Instead many have given their insecure 'EGO mind' the wheel and are now living on drugs that dampen their depression and anxieties.

Take 2 aspirin and see me in the morning. Yes doctor.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I had the disposition that I'd prefer to forgo the experience until I met my girlfriend. She's opened the doors for me... The thing is I think it might be a vain attempt to actualize my relationship with her rather than a legitimate desire to procreate.

Sure.. I've given it some thought. Cars & college, savings, and loans, and the mentoring and responsibility. I think it's something I can do, and I'm into it. But she's in this too. I cannot live with myself to saddle someone with kids just to accomplish some personal conquest that is undoubtedly revolving around my age like the tangible hands of time on my biological clock (Yes, boys have a biological clock too... it's true).

I believe that fate will decide. I want badly for her to come live here, but right now I couldn't possibly afford our rent, and she's still in school. Time will tell...

17. drock69

drock69 Members

A hoodrat once told me that I was selfish because all I had was 1 child. Of course I got the hell away from her!

18. Just for fun

Good for you.

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Fast foreword.

We now have 2 grandchildren and 2 more cars to look after. Needless to say, I look after the cars, they smell better than nappies and don't cry all day. :)

soulcompromise likes this.
  20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Wilsjane, that's hilarious. in all seriousness I think the idea of raising children together with someone is a beautiful concept. But sometimes these conceptual things don't exactly work out in reality. I think though that I am invested irregardless of the end result and I would see it through to its conclusion. I want to put someone through college...

wilsjane likes this.