How Many Of You Actually Want Kids?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Konvikt, Feb 13, 2017.

?

Do you want to start a family?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. I cant make up my mind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None of my own, would adopt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I prefer doge/cat

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So in others words, you'll be a dad within 5 years

2. Konvikt

Konvikt Members

Ugh, push me off a bridge

1 person likes this.
  3. Lvlygrl

Lvlygrl Members

I have 2 boys, 3 and 5.
    When I was young all the way to my mid twenties I never wanted children. I loved being around babies and children, I come from a huge family and I always thought I'd prefer peace and quiet over all the chaos, but...now that I'm a mom, by choice, I wouldn't ever change it. It's hard work but it's also so rewarding.
    Children are the way they're raised. I teach my boys about manners and respect and I'm not one of those parents that lets the child get away with bad behavior, there are consequences always for their actions.

4. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

ideally: 9ish

realistically: 0

5. StellarCoon

atm i'd be happy with a scorpion or 4.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Looking at animals in small terrariums make me at least as unhappy as the thought of having kids.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

You would really want 9 children?

8. StellarCoon

under ideal conditions, yup

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

1. What are ideal conditions
    2. Why

10. StellarCoon

1. The right partner, amount of space, and income.
    2. well, for same reason some stop at 1, others at 3. it's how much i feel i can comfortably handle

11. StellarCoon

i don't look at it much as small animals in cages. if done right a terrarium can bring life to the room. as for the animals themselves, i view them as living art.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I can understand the appeal of having a big brood. Children are a living testament to your life and a legacy after you die. I attended a funeral yesterday for a patriarch and it was beautiful seeing his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren gathered together in one room. It made me think about how times are so different now, many people opt not to have children at all or to only have one. Our deaths and our legacies will look very different from our grandparents.

But thats okay, times are different for a reason. Younger generations are more aware of the strain overpopulation puts on this planet and how difficult life can be when we're all competing for the same resources.

And yecchhh, being pregnant and going through the post partum rollercoaster 9 times. That would suck.

13. Asmodean

I fully understand but they're primarily living beings in my eyes. Often wild or supposed to live in the wild too. That's why those small terrariums i often see in living rooms with a snake, bearded dragon or a bunch of scorpions generally don't do anything positive for me.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I have a bearded dragon, i kind of hate it to be honest. I mean i love the lizard, he's awesome, and I enjoy decorating his terrarium for him, but i hate owning a wild animal in a cage. I've always hated the concept of owning wild animals and caging them. But my man wanted one, who am I to deny the love between a man and his lizard.

I thought we would be able to interact with him more but everytime we take him out he poops everywhere. When he was a baby I used to do yoga with him and let him run all over my body as I changed poses, it was really cool but it only took one poop to ruin that. When we got him I pictured him chillin on the couch with us watching movies and stuff but he would ruin our couch. I wonder if lizard diapers are a thing.

1 person likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Not so different than my rabbits I suppose and often I come inside in tears because I feel as if, though I give them everything I can, who am I to cage them when they just want to bounce around freely like they should be?

Though, I know they are safe with me, they have food, shelter, water and good care. I have made modification after modification to their hutch for them which is only getting bigger. You should see what we have planned for the next pen. I just do what I can and I know they are better off with me than with the predators out there. It might not be right, but I do right by them.Same when I get new fish, I know they better off with me than someone else.

I think, I know.. that a reason why I never wanted children too was because I was/am always afraid of well what if it doesn't come out normal. What if I give birth to a child who's sick, or isn't going to have a normal life. That's a huge burden for me. That is not fair. It might sound selfish, but it's still not fair and I guess that weighs in on the situation.

1. I've only had a child out of selfishness because I want one and;
    2: This child is going to suffer with illness because of my selfishness.

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It just seems like a really big responsibility. I don't want to take on any challenges right now.

1 person likes this.
  17. Asmodean

I hate rabbits in cages even more. Everyone has them here as a kid. I bet 50% of them get neglected at some point. Just eat them all at christmas! No bored animals. Everybody happy.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't eat rabbit. So I've saved them from the arseholes that do. :)

19. Asmodean

I'm not against eating rabbits but i rarely eat it as well.

20. StellarCoon

Mmmm...rabbit.

:p