How many do you have? Then vs. now

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by moontime, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Electric Buddha, you have a much better way with words than I do, what would I do without your help? I simply put it as gently as I could. I just get frustrated over things like this. The post was not meant to trigger more defense though it probably will. I have to admit when I replied MY defense was triggered... In saying that I will say now reading over it again hours later I think my words sound different than I wanted them. I mean no anger towards you, I'm just confused and wanted to explain to you that I asked her this question out of curiosity... Just because we don't understand it doesn't mean we now don't respect her because we do... we just all do things differently and thats fine, each to their own. Thats what makes this board so unique...we have so many different types of people, all different ages and races yet we all have at least this one thing in common. So in saying that this thread will now go back on course to the original question and futhur discussion of this can be had in the bleaching story post.

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

arg ... i didnt mean it to come across liek that i was meerly commenting on how its the same as back combing and generally goes along side with it.
    And your right its a very good and effective method :)

Oh and i forgot to say when i did my dreads i lost only a few inches of hair but i did them TERRIBLY then when they unravvled and re did themselfs... some of then again only lost an inch or so but others (like one of my partiocular faves) almost halfed its length :)

3. redresonant

redresonant Member

i started out with 35 and now i only have 25 strange i wonder what happened to the other ones?...:H

4. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

maybe they when traveling on a round the world trip and they will re appear in a few years much more worldly wise!!

5. redresonant

redresonant Member

hhhmmm possible or they fell off? aahhhh i hope not ... but hey if they stop by your place treat them well?! how are you fleasy.. causing trouble ,, ? makin waves here on the forum...jk pete

6. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

Hahahaha i cut one of mine off for Sara a while ago... its now in new zealand traveling the world

7. mtnhighgirl

mtnhighgirl Member

I have about 75 baby dreads, they were 3 weeks old on Thursday. My hubby has over 150 skinny dreads. They're just over 4 months old.

8. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

9. skankleft

skankleft Member

I have 103:eek:
    My friend counted them for me randomly one day. I have really thick hair and small dreads, caring for this many dreads is sometimes hard though.

10. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

wow lots of dreads! just hold on, they'll combine and it'll get easier. :) I have to say though, I just saw your dreadlocks and I love 'em. I wish mine were as well behaved as yours looks to be!
    Everyone here has such beautiful dreadlocks! It makes me so happy to see so many different people here and to hear all the love and support that is going around.

11. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

:pheheh

could i see them when there down?

12. skankleft

skankleft Member

I'll get up a picture with them down in a bit, I need to find/take one first

13. moontime

moontime mountain girl

Mine are almost a month old. I decided some of them were too skinny and joined some of them. I went from 53 to 31. They look much better. ;)

14. Flutterby

Flutterby Member

i started with 22, now i have 25. i didn't lose very much length at all, maybe an inch? i'm not sure... my hair is really thick, and i have really fat dreads. i wnated little tiny ones, but i'm happy with the ones i have right now, none of them are very uniform either. i have a few that have split and are making baby dreads... they're fun.

15. ArtistofPeace

ArtistofPeace Senior Member

I think I started with 71...and I think I still have 71...unless these two dreads that are starting to combine continue to combine...then I suppose I'll have 70 or so. Hmm, haven't counted for a while...haha...