How many animals do you have?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I love this photo of Axalta, he's like, yeah I'm handsome and I know it. :p

20180418_170551.jpg
    Axalta Munch_1.gif

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

With 2,000 different species of fungus and 7,000 species of bacteria I haven’t gotten around to naming them all

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't "have" other living things. there's a pride of feral cats who i sometimes get to see, and other creatures occasionally.
    if i had a real house, or even a real apartment, and its management would permit, i would gladly accept any feral stray that wanted to adopt me.
    but that's it. i don't believe in buying, selling or owning other creatures. but i'm all for sharing living arrangements with 'comensals'
    (a word i believe leguinne coined, for creatures one willing shares living space with, on terms of mutual willingness and choice)
    i've also nothing against agricultural husbandry, provided it is of a more considerate nature that corporate agriculture generally permits.

none of which is meant to be critical of anyone, but only to describe my current situation in relation to the topic.

and thank you to everyone sharing pictures of their non-human friends.

4. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

nah. didn't feel the need. lol

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i was growing one place we lived, we had about four generations of cats, close to 30 or so in all. all of them strays or the children of strays, and nearly all of them completely social.
    none were hostile or aggressive, but 3 or 4 were really super timid. an older male and then a younger adopted us first, then a female who was already pregnant looking for a good place to give birth.
    her kittens all lived, and the ones that were female, when the got old enough, all had kittens too. they didn't all just stay at our yard and house. after the first couple of generations, most wandered eventually wandered off elsewhere to start new prides. but oswald and tigey one, the origeonal two males, remained with us the rest of their natural lives. as did one each of the mom-cats of generation 2 and 3. this was back in the 1950s when you could rent a whole house for 90 bux a month.