how long would it take

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by texasmade3, Apr 4, 2007.

1. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

to start seeing withdrawel symptoms from xanax>? i just started taking it every once n a white like 1 mg at most probably. and i have read so many stories of people going through hell and whatnot. but it seems to help my panic and anxiety tremendously.. i dont wanna become some feind for it or somthing or have siezures... what would u say would be average to start having all this crap ? months years? and how fast does tolerance build up usually?

2. wiuf

wiuf Member

I could be wrong but I think 2 mg's a day (give or take) every day for two weeks or so will do it.

3. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Shit, I'm doomed:(:)

4. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

yea i was wondering this too, i got like2mg leftnow im like fucked. ive been tryin to taper off but .5mg turned into 3mg and 3 beers tonight =/ tomorrow i got work, my earbuds for my ipod are broke, and i think im starting to get sick. i usually would only take 1mg a day tho and it hasnt been 2 weeks yet but still... im be pwned for the nextweek :(

5. TopNotchStoner

Shit, last week I had a binge and ate about 75 blue footballs over the course of 3 days. Im was so fukt up I punched the wall and shattered my knuckle.

6. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

godamn, i didnt do anything near that amount, the last day i did 4mg (i think) and 3 beers, had a shitty next day and just stopped taking them (i ran out). took em for 2 weeks every day, hella addicting.

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yet you keep on truckin

youre quite a machine, man

8. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Easy, don't tkae it regualry. Take it ONLY when you are panicing and having are some bad anxiety, also if you are panicing because you don't have xanax thats a good clue that you need to stop.

My Aunt takes 1mg a day for anxiety. I laugh because this will do nothing but render xanax usless in treating her panic attacks and true bouts of anxiety. I personaly thinks she just likes the xanax.(but so do the best of us. :p! )

9. TopNotchStoner

Well, most of me is still truckin, but my hand is fukt. lol

10. RealitaT

RealitaT Member

a good book about benzo addiction is addiction by prescription, by... uh lemme get it... Joan E. Gadsby. good deal to was like 3 bucks! its about her and the life she had for 30+ years on prescribed benzos and all the side effects she had, including mental impairment! benzos can only be prescribed for 2 weeks with daily dosing max. because of withdrawl symptoms which paradoxally are the almost identical to the disorder theyre used for. http://www.erowid.org/pharms/alprazolam/alprazolam.shtml for other info
    Addiction Potential
    Alprazolam is both physically and psychologically addicting. Even for those who take it for medical reasons, it may become habit-forming, especially if used on a daily basis. Suddenly stopping daily use of alprazolam could be extremely dangerous, especially if the user has been taking 4 mg or more daily for 6 months or more. In rare cases, suddenly stopping this medication can cause tremors, seizures, and in very rare cases, coma and even death. Medical experts recommend gradually tapering off of alprazolam, rather than abruptly stopping it.
    I would look at a prescription site for more info,
    got this from www.alprazolam.cc
    Withdrawal symptoms have been observed after abrupt discontinuation of Xanax / Alprazolam. These include irritability, nervousness, insomnia, agitation, tremors, convulsions, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, vomiting and mental impairment
    but i wouldnt worry to much about the serious side effects mostly irritability, nervousness, insomnia, agitation and diarrhea. do to the lower dosage they should be mild but comparable to alcohol withdrawl.