How long is weed good for?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by darkain, Apr 3, 2007.

1. darkain

darkain Member

I'm no hardcore stoner.

My brother gave me an ounce of weed, now only 2 of my friends smoke, and they don't to it often. I've smoke every day for a week and a few days, and I still have not even finished a quarter.... what should I do with this weed? I don't want to give it away, and I definatly wont' sell it. Should I put some in teh freezer?

2. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

roll it up it into joints , place back it to the baggy,and put in in the freezer, take out as needed

3. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

fr3EzeR 4 TeH wIn!

4. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

are you joking? you've had this weed for barely over a week and you're wondering if it is already going bad?

it will last MANY months, unless it's wet in which case it will mold soon. i've definately kept weed for at least six months with no problems whatsoever (it will dry out, of course, but the potency will not be lost).

i've also smoked 25 year-old weed that had been stored in the freezer. it didn't really get me high but, then again, the pot in the late 70s/early 80s wasn't as good i don't think. nonetheless, i did make brownies with this old weed and they totally ROCKED! so even 25 year-old pot has substantial potency remaining....

5. slinkie

slinkie Member

The beauty of marijuana is...it gets better with age, so it never goes bad. Unless of course it gets mold on it.

Ways to keep weed fresh over time:
    1) put into ziploc freezer bag and put into freezer.
    2) put into airtight sealed mason jar (can put slice of potatoe or orange to keep fresh inside, but not needed) and store in dark cool place.

Pretty much, you can store pot anywhere if you seal the bag off real good first, or deal with it dusty. Good thing it's still smokeable that way. lol

6. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

How long does weed last? According to your girlfriend, longer than you. ;)

Haha, just kidding. As long as it's damp you don't need to keep it in a freezer, just keep it in an airtight bag or medicine container, etc.