how long does oxycodone last when taken orally?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by CherokeeMist, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

What? Are you kidding me?

I am in Pain Management, I have been on opiates for 7 years, religiously.

How in the world do you figure, after the half-life, the drug still has the same effect?

Just because you think you feel just as high, doesn't mean shit.

Don't be the new kid who thinks he knows everything, because you are already wrong.

If you feel just the same, good for you...but after a few hours, you only have HALF of what you have taken left in your system. Be lucky you feel the same. Doesn't mean it's the truth.

I don't need to know anything about someone to tell them how long a drug will last. Wasn't that the fucking question that was asked in this thread? Why on EARTH would someone ask that, if NOBODY could give them an answer?

*rolls eyes*

Anybody on here will tell you that Oxycodone does NOT last 7 hours. Regardless of what you think...it's simply not possible. As I said, if you DO feel it that much later, consider yourself lucky, because half of it has already left your body.

Seems to me like you are taking too much if you still feel THAT high 7 hours later.

Also, this thread is about ORAL, and you are spouting off about railing. Oxycodone lasting 7 hours when snorted? Haha. :rolleyes:

Apparently when you referenced bioavailability, it's completely obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

Also, you just asked someone how long Opana would last...doesn't that conflict with your current statement about how you can't tell someone how long a drug will last?

:rolleyes:

2. Euphorial

Euphorial Member

Damn... that was a pretty intense asshole-ripping. Maybe excessive, but still fun to read. :)

When I take oxy orally the main effects wear off probably 2 hours afterwards, and then the afterglow lasts about another 2 hours.

3. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

^^^ YA, No shit about the ripping. It does make him feel Macho though ripping on a noob..
    Plus I've seen some friends high for a good 5 hours when snorting . So its not totaly out of the realm for someone to be high 6 to 7 hours.. Everyone is different even if theres a little placebo thrown in..
    But hes been in PM program for 7 yrs. So he knows all,LOL :D
    I've only been under PM care for 10 yrs. and not as qualified as him LOL :D

4. Feelings Of U4ia

I never said you can't be HIGH, I said you won't be AS high, regardless of what you think.

Yeah, it makes me feel macho, that is it. He is the one who started with me, I just put him in his place. And just because he is new to the forums, doesn't mean he is a noob...obviously he thinks he knows what he is talking about.

I never said I knew all, but I've been a PM patient for 7 years, that is more experience then the chippers around here, so I think I have some good experience to how long something will last. Not only that, the evidence is right in your face....but apparently half-life is just some made up word that means nothing.

Also, I didn't know placebo was a real effect now? I didn't know we need to take note about placebo before answering a question.

So what is the point of this thread, if nobody can answer him?

Like I said, Eric is the one who attacked me saying I was wrong to ever tell someone how long a drug can last, that I was wrong to EVER answer a question that someone asked....

Sure you can be high later, after 7 hours, but it's not going to be nearly as strong, placebo aside.

How do you guys figure that would make sense?

Why do you think Roxicodone are short term meds, and are meant to be taken throughout the day, to deal with breakthrough pain? If they last 6-7 hours easy...then there would be NO reason to take them throughout the day all day.

OxyCONTIN on the other hand, when taken orally, can last 8-12 hours, because it is time-released.

I am prescribed Roxicodone for breakthrough, and Oxycontin for a long acting....I know how long they last, and when I need to take more. Not to mention the analgesia from them to kill pain actually lasts LONGER then the buzz, so I actually should be taking them even less then I would as if I was trying to get high.

I never doubted you Oxyrisin, in fact I believe you are one of the most educated opiate users here, but as an opiate user of 10+ years, and especially if you have been on Oxycodone for the majority or entirety of those, you should know first-hand how short acting Oxycodone is, for buzz AND for pain relief. Which is why we need a long-acting on TOP of taking IR Oxycodone throughout the whole day.

Also, as long as you are taking Oxycodone on a normal basis, you will start to notice a decrease in duration...the analgesia from Oxycodone barely lasts an hour for me, and if I'm LUCKY I will get a buzz for 30 minutes.

When you are first taking opiates, it might feel like it's lasting for 6 hours, but it's easy to confuse the buzz with analgesia, because you technically will still feel small effects....so it might be hard to say when it stops working. Once you take them for a while, you will notice that the actual nice euphoric buzz you are looking for doesn't last nearly as long as you thought.

5. Eric1989

Eric1989 Member

I never said I felt as high the whole time. The rush is gone within 30 mins, and I will feel the effects gradually wearing down over 5-7 hours. If I take opiates in the morning, I usually don't feel 100% normal until the following day.

And ps, congratulations, you've been on opiates for"10 years" is that supposed to be an accomplishment?

And you're talking legit pain managemet, I'm not. I'm talking recreationl use

6. Feelings Of U4ia

I have been a PM patient for 7 years, not 10...Oxyrisin2 is 10 years. I wasn't saying it was an accomplishment, I was simply posting that so you understood that I am going off of experience, and quite a bit of it. I wish I wasn't on pain management, I hate having to wake up everyday and take something just so I can get out of bed...I'd love to be able to just take them recreationally again and be able to function like a normal 23 year old, so no, it's not an accomplishment, it sucks.

What I was pointing out is that since the half-life is so short, the effects begin to diminish pretty quickly, especially after the 3 or 4 hour mark, because half of the Oxycodone you took has already left your system, so the high is not going to be nearly as strong. It just seemed like everybody was trying to say that 7 hours later you are still just as high, and I was simply stating that it's not possible...it may seem like it, if you are pretty new to opiates, but the high will not be the same after that much time has passed.

I assumed when he was asking how long it will last, he was asking about the actual high. You can feel the after-effects of opiates the next day...because not all of it has left your system, but that doesn't mean you are still high.

Just a misunderstanding.

7. Eric1989

Eric1989 Member

Ok. Well I assumed he was talking about the whole experience, which you can feel for hours.

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

[​IMG]

oh.. ORALLY.. my bad

9. does2

does2 Member

Haha, long winded pwnage.

I'm calling U4ia Pidgeot from now on:
    [​IMG]

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i wish he was a mudkip
    [​IMG]

11. does2

does2 Member

I have a futon just like that!

12. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i had one like that too.. they are not well built for lots of sex.. and therefor broke

13. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

Just messin with ya Bro about the Macho thing..
    Its all good, Also after taking Oxys for awhile its true that it dosen't last as long..
    But for newbees it can last quite a long time
    GO
    STEELERS

14. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

how is opana oral, ive just been snorting it but im running out and need to taper myself down

15. Feelings Of U4ia

^Not near as good as intranasal.

16. does2

does2 Member

I have not tried Opana orally.

17. Eric1989

Eric1989 Member

Not even worth it.

If your used to railing it, orally will just be a huge dissapointment and waste of a pill.

I just did opana for the first time yesterday, started with 20MG intransal. Went all day railing more ever few hours before letting the high go down. Last night I swallowed 15MG, nothing compared to intranasal

18. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

Oxycodone lasts ~4 hrs when taken orally. If youve 'experimented' with opies before it will most likely last around 2-3. Personal exp, not scientific. If you have a madd tolerance, it might not even make an appearance.

19. Feelings Of U4ia

^Exactly. After a couple years of normal use, you will start to notice that opiates barely give you the "high" you were attracted to.

20. Michael_1993

Michael_1993 Guest

Hello I'm Michael I used to be addicted to pain pills well going through the process of quoting but take them as prescribed do not i repeat DO NOT experiment the high is awesome but not the addiction you hear entertainers talking about it but 95% of them don't know what it's like it's no joke of overdosed before painfully as fuck excuse my language but if no tolerance 15 Mg's of oxycodone is going to get you super "High" and when high goes away you will want to keep wanting it example I know it's not good but my body has became physically depended and everybody EVERYBODY GETS PHYSICALLY DEPENDED but it's also hard to afford after your doctor stops giving it to you so if you can't afford habit don't start it (Lots of legal trouble involved or Health Issues) I can't stress enough don't do it .. I'm saying this be agar I care about people that go through it or about to because I already have but be safe and take as needed if you really in pain

Thanks,
    Michael