How long does dope stay good in a rig?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by polishman, Aug 18, 2013.

1. polishman

polishman Member

Okay,

So I usually cook up some tar and throw in a little white girl for a good ole' time with Mr. Speedball.

What i'd like to do is cook up all my shots before hand and stash them away for when I like to get high. How long will it stay good in the rig? I've cooked it before and shot it a day or two later and it was fine. How long can it sit there for and still be good? Thanks.

2. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

depends on the stuff, how its cut, i have left dope in a clean rig properly stored for a few hours, i wouldnt keep it for days. Not sanitary. Your product might congeal and be gross to shoot. be careful.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I've always wondered that. 24 hours has been good in my experience but I have always felt weird about leaving it that long. So try to keep 12 or less hours. It does, even after 12 hours, start to get a little "thick" and separate- if that's the right word.. you see specs.

4. hahaha04

Ya congeal I think is the right word. I wouldn't leave it that long.....even. Like a few hours would be ok. I once left this dodgy coke in a rig for about 4 hours and went to do the shot and came bak and it was impossible to even move the plunger down that made me worry a bit as that coke was probably cut to he'll with stuff.

I then only got the raw from my dude which was incredible stuff. Less than 100mg would have me spun.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah, congeal.
    :)

It's nothing I ever made a habit of.. but more like...say I was scraping 30 bags or something and that's all I had left...and once all scrapped I'd have like looks like 2.5 bags on the spoon. I'd wanna put maybe a third of it in one rig to do then and then put the rest in another one and save for the next day....right... so I'd do that and put it back and the next day it would have started to congeal, I guess is the word...particles floating around.. but I'd do it anyway and never had a hard time to get it to plunge down.
    But, yea... I always wondered "this can't be good to do" haha

6. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

the word is "precipitate" i think

the particulate matter that was once in solution starts to precipitate out of solution...
    and you see specs

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

okay precipitate haha :)

8. hahaha04

damn it pork you showin up my poor vocabulary!

Both might work

Porks is the more correct. :devil:

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Starts to get Specy I like. :)

Specy!

10. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

if it becomes a solid or gelatinous, then "congeal" would make sense.

i've never seen dope in (or out of) a rig, so i'm not sure if eventually turns into a paste (congeals) or stays mostly liquid, with specks coming out of solution (precipitates)

but that's today's vocabulary lesson, dopers :)

11. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

i was actually going to correct you, but you beat me to it..

the viscosity increases...it becomes gelatinous... :p