how long do you wait

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 8, 2004.

1. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

:D :D no prob chicka

2. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

It depends. Waiting usually increases the sexual tension and it makes everything so much more exciting and interesting, so I actually prefer waiting a bit. ;) But then again I have this bad habit of losing all the interest after having had sex... Ahh well.

3. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

always too long ;)

4. Jaque Imo

Jaque Imo Up on The Lowdown

You're 16.....WAIT.

5. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

It seems simple enough. If it's time, you will know. If you are asking yourself "Is now the right time?" Then it probably isn't. When it is, you won't have any doubts. My first time, I was 15 - I had no doubts and the experience didn't damage me or my partner in any way that I am aware of.
    I had sex with my lifemate/soulmate on our first date... and it wasn't even really a date, we were just out together with others and decided we wanted to be alone together for a while (we had only spoken to each other for a few hours on two previous occasions, both times at parties). We have been together for many years now. I never had a doubt in my mind and still don't. It was the right time.

6. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I've always said "Why wait?" Sex has always been an extremely important part of my life and I find it a shame to mix in jealosy and mind games with what I see as a spiritual act.

I really don't want to get emotionally committed with someone and then find out that we are sexually incompatable. There is a lot more than sex to a relationship, but I feel that while sex can be great outside a relationship, good sex is an integral and necessary part of a healthy, long term one.

7. Loki

Loki Member

Yeah i was thinking about the same thing. I have had a decent amount of sex, but honestly never with anyone i cared about.

8. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

It depends on how long the gal holds out on me. They always regret holding out in the end.

9. Forgetmenot8524

Forgetmenot8524 Member

im just wondering whats wrong with waiting? people back in the old days did and they were fine... if you dont wait whats going to happen to you? are you going to die.. i really dont think so. on the other hand if you have sex with all of your boyfriends then you might get pregnant or get an STD. you might not. also if you are a Christian God says that you shouldnt do that either. is one orgasm worth that much.. i want to know

*peace and hugs*:cool:

10. Tamee

Tamee naked

it all depends on the person. I just wait until I feel like I'd really like to have sex with the guy. then if he feels the same way, let's get it on!

11. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Waited 'till my birthday, which ended up to be around 3.5 months from the time we began our relationship.

12. Summertime

Summertime Member

With my first (serious) boyfriend we waited about 5 or 6 months and were together for just over a year, but with my last boyfriend we only waited a month and a half. It really depends on how you both feel- I don't think you can put a time limit on it, or an age really. Some people are ready at 14/15, some aren't ready until they're 23/24. It really depends on the person. :)

Summer. xx.

13. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

Well I´ve never had sex. With my previous b/f´s is something that i never wanted to do.. maybe I was too young, or wasn´t really into it. Now with the guy I´m with.. we´been together about 3 months, but I know him since a year ago, since like a month ago, I feel ok about having sex with him, though it hasn´t happened yet.

14. drewbee

drewbee Member

It's just sex. why the big deal. To tell you the trut, I have had sex with 4 different people. 2 I dated (waited 3 weeks both), 2 were one night stands. I just want someone to be with ... why does everything in this world, no matter what it deals with, lead up to sex? Whats the big friggin deal. you stick dick in hole... I definatly dont think it is worth no baby. Oh wells...

15. Sailor

Sailor Member

The time you wait depends on who you are. My girlfriend, who I dated for 9 months, tried to rip my clothes of the first night I met her. I was still a virgin back then, so I decided that we should wait. We only waited a couple of weeks, 'cause I wanted to be with her so badly!
    Personally I like would like to trust the girl before I have sex with her. That's the most important thing for me, that we trust each other. There's so many feelings involved with sex, that I'm really carefull not to get hurt.

16. Mintaoism

Mintaoism Member

6 months... i seriuosly don't think the guy will wait for that long. You just take your time girl but after your ..21 i wouldnt wait more than 1 month.

well I have had sex on a first date, and had sex with a girl I knew for...7 years.. but she was form school. gotta love that gym hall ;)

17. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

Waiting is fine when you are starting out but once you are grown....

I have to have sex fairly soon in a relationship. I need to test the product. A couple of times I got all emotionally wrapped up in the guy and then his sex (and equipment) was horrilble. I just ended hurting him that much worse because I'm too shallow to live with bad sex. So now, I nip it in the bud. Or he nips it. Oh, you know what I mean.

18. galvatron

galvatron Member

id say a good week and a half/two weeks...but again, it depends on how much i like her/him and well, if i want to have sex

19. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

About an hour.

20. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Wait until he's 18 and take a life insurance policy out on him in case you fuck him to death ;)