How long do dryed shrooms stay "good"?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by RoundMidnight, May 11, 2007.

1. RoundMidnight

RoundMidnight Member

I'm just wondering how to preserve them if I was to get any (I may have my first opportunity soon) because I might not have the opportunity to do them in a safe environment with friends and no parents right away.

2. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

I'm not exactly sure, but they will be good for quite a while.

I wouldnt worry too much about the psilocybin degrading.

3. VaporDude

VaporDude Member

I have kept large amounts for over 6 months and didn't notice any decrease in potency. Yer chill.

4. RoundMidnight

RoundMidnight Member

Alright sweet, thanks guys. I didn't know if it was sensitive like LSD supposedly is.

5. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

LSD is ridiculously sensitive. Breaks down pretty fast in sunlight, greatly degrading the experience. I'm pretty sure LSD is the most sensitive drug used by people today. Seems so anyway.

6. KingVolcano

KingVolcano Visitor

LSD will last quite awhile if stored correctly (covered in tin foil and stored in the freezer) but I've had dried shrooms last a year without losing any potency

7. Glordag

Glordag Member

As long as they are dry they'll be fine in most conditions. Just don't do anything idiotic :)

8. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Yeah, it'd be interesting to know the shelf-life of illegal drug. But yeah, like everyone says, the shrooms will be fine. Since the Psilocybin is in the mushrooms, it's a lot safer as opposed to having pure psilocybin. The basic storage procedure is storing in a cool, dry, dark place. You can't go wrong with that.

9. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

I saved some for summer from last winter, they were really dry and hard(wich is good) but thye turned from blue brusing to black wich usualy means bad naussea, I eat one one night to test this out and I threw up a few times wich isnt fun when your tripping...