How Long Before the New Revolution?

Discussion in 'Activist Polls' started by skip, Nov 14, 2007.

1. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

Well, that makes me feel all warm and cozy.. I'm pretty close to Ark and LA about the same distance from me. We are 100 mile due east of Dallas. The ArkLaTex area, not really close to any borders, but we Do have an overflux of illegals. When they 'cleared' out the illegals a while back they only hit the bigger cities and some companies, they really didnt get down to the rual areas where they get farm work and cheap pay, 7.50 an hour, which brought our rate of pay scale down to 7.50 ph where before it was 10/15.oo ph.

But I do agree with you that that is where it will start, we will have to arm ourselves for our own protection. Altho we have several hispanic friends and even some relatives that are mixed. I don't know if that will help us when it hits the fan.

They need to bring our troops home to protect our borders instead of someone elses. Mexico is in turmoil and there is no control of the drug cartels that has over run their government.

I think if our gov would legalize MJ then mexico would calm down bc there would be no need for them anymore. We could grow our own and not have to get it from them or we could buy from the despenceries and pay taxes on it. That would solve a lot of our problems. Less need for prisons, less money used to house MJ users. They are so many benefits that our nation would privy to if they would just CHANGE their MINDS and do the Right Thing.

Rant rant rant.
    sh

2. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

You mean I gotta take back my bazooka and flame thrower! :eek: Dang!

3. jaren420

jaren420 Member

well the revolution has already started. the last step is organization. it probably wont happen this year. but hopefully before sites like this get shut down, internet would be the best way to organize ourselves. but for all of you who want a revolution and are just waiting (for whatever reason), then the best thing you can do is prepare and buy guns!!

4. OlderWaterBrother

You mean I can keep my bazooka and flame thrower! :party:
    I really like the flame thrower! It's hot!

5. bcsher

bcsher Member

When we all realize that our misguided attempts to grasp strings of 'happiness' isn't working. When we stop begging others (ie: in government) to give us the lives we want. When we stop bitching on the computer and take to the streets. When food is no longer taken for granted. When we shut off the 'god damned tube'. When people finally realize that paying their mortgage and saving for retirement provieds only temporary and false security. When we start trusting our neighbours more than the people the media told us to vote for.
    I think there are a lot of us who believe in all the corruption going on, but not many who will risk their false 'security' to effect change.
    How apparant will our oppression have to be? I wish I knew.

6. stashe

stashe Guest

probaly on or about dec.12 2012

7. OlderWaterBrother

8. OlderWaterBrother

Thought this was an interesting quote:

"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is enough for everyone. Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and shelter." - Bill Mollison

9. bcsher

bcsher Member

:D Very interesting indeed

10. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

kick ass quote...:cheers2:

11. hippiehillbilly

12. green_revolution

green_revolution Member

13. OlderWaterBrother

Yesterday, I was talking to a man in a store and he said that several people from different places in Denver have come in and told him that in their children’s schools, several different schools, for the first time, a picture, larger than life size of the President, President Obama, is being projected on the wall of their classroom next to the flag during the pledge of allegiance.

I was just wondering if this is happening anywhere else? If it's nation wide or just in Denver?

14. hippiehillbilly

this is dilli owb... but we have seen many posts from people about this (first hand accounts) and other strange obama stuff in school classrooms. A quick google will bring many of them up.. It really is quite appalling what people are saying on different boards and such about what the kiddies are being made to do in schools right now

15. OlderWaterBrother

Hi dilli, yeah when he told I was just dumbfounded. I said; What?

Not that we don't already know it but man, it's starting to look even bigger than even I thought it was and it's headed our way! :leaving:

A hard rain is a goin' to fall,
    OWB

16. Maitreya

Maitreya Member

A revolution is always possible. But the possibilties differ in the variables that seem to support each change.

What change would you like?

Would you be able to accept the effects of a revolution?

Change is a part of existance. So it would necessarily be progressive in nature. It is coming, in any form, and are you ready?

I would hope that some could see a change as a time to come together in a less materialistic and more ecological manner that promoted human existance as a whole rather than individually.

17. notjoetheplumber

notjoetheplumber Member

people do not care if they are being raped as long as they can get fatter, stay stoned and feel good about themselves and not think about the impact of their actions. Geo W. was a perfect example. How did he win(steal) not one but two elections? One, he made stupid people feel smart and two, the rest did not care so long as they could do one of the above

18. shiva_master

shiva_master Member

The revolution will get going once people are convinced of the reality they live in. So far, all we seem to be led by are corrupt people(no matter what part of gov. because every layer is infiltrated. Once one can lend a hand to another and put differences behind us and look at a possible end game. It will take a re opening of conscience is required. As well to stick to your rights as a human being. Watching FOX CNN, and doping up on disney world is devastating our society(ies)

19. Willingness to stand up and be counted by a committed population is an absolute essential before any "revolution" can get going. Apathy and "I'm alright Jack, fuck the rest of you" seems to be the order of the day amongst most western civilized countries. Shiva master - "the reopening of conscience" pretty much says it all. Tall order though.

20. Skizm

Skizm Member

[​IMG]

EVIL!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Patriotic

I honestly don't think we'll ever have a revolution, governments are too firmly entrenched and they are supported by a very large military. Now, if that military decides they don't like the government, things change. However if the revolutionaries have the backing of the military, you always have to consider who will seize power.