How Long Before the New Revolution?

Discussion in 'Activist Polls' started by skip, Nov 14, 2007.

1. jaren420

jaren420 Member

very well said. but the way its looking now we shouldnt wait to long.

2. mai

mai Member

I think "the people" have given leaders power for a reason.
    The naive feeling that "the people" can somehow rule by themselves might sound cool if you and your mates just smoked a reefer sitting around the fire camp, but in reality -it doesn't work.
    human beings have been living in communities for ever. communities need leaders, they cannot make decisions by themselves because people are different, each person has his or her own personal point of view. The closest we ever got to fulfilling everybody's wishes is Western style democracy.
    Instead of working on some meaningless utopia ,we should set out to improve the best model we have gotten so far - democracy.

yes - I do realise that my point of view will not be very popular in a hippy forum, but i believe hippies have got a good gut-feeling about society, sadly their fascination with superficial marxism without any understanding of economics or interest in human nature leads them to utopian unworkable solutions

3. jaren420

jaren420 Member

i know it has never completely worked in the past. but we have changed alot throughout history. and will continue to. it has to eventualy. we go corrupt so easily with so much power. but when we are ready it will happen.

4. zombie.

zombie. Member

I think its going to come in the next 10 years. If the economy stays the same, people will take matters into their hands. But I thinks its going to be violent. Not the way we want it.

5. jaren420

jaren420 Member

if its within the next 5 years or so then it will have to be violent. its the only way they will listen. wich im expecting any time soon because its only going to get worse from here.

6. zombie.

zombie. Member

yea. thats right.

7. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

i don't see revolution as a possibility for the following reasons:

1) laziness
    2) disagreements
    3) lack of conviction
    4) to busy and self absorbed
    5) fear of retaliation

don't get me wrong i would love to see any action on the part of mankind that brought about positive change in this world, however i think it would be a miracle.

8. jaren420

jaren420 Member

some of those currently stand in the way like 4 and 5. and once it happens we will have to work out the dissagreements. but it is more than a possibility. there are alot more people waking up lately. the whole election slowed it down because now people are going to wait and see if obama is what he says he is. but nothing is going to change.

9. sudo

sudo Member

Yeah pretty much!

Maybe when the ATMs stop spitting out cash some of us will sort of start getting a clue ;)

10. zenloki

zenloki Member

i hear a lot of people calling for a revolution but as long as broadcast news is around it isn't going to happen. too many people like being spoon fed.

i revolt in small ways everyday. when y'all are ready for a big revolution, send me a pm.

11. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

I can only say. There is nothing New about Revolution. All revolutions are based on the same things. Human Rights, Justice, and the Quality of Life.

It's the same fight that's been fought since man first picked up a rock and thew it out of frustration. We have evolved tremendously since the Neanderthal. We are still evolving. We are starting to realize the impact we have on our inviroment and our government. We are just so scattered, there is no unity anymore.

There wont be revolution until there is unity. IMO.
    sh

12. sudo

sudo Member

The "revolution" will come quick once our oncoming economic depression gets enough people's electricity shut off :)

13. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

When we voted for Obama we gave the federal government immense power. So, we are moving backwards, away from the people taking power from the government. Maybe this will lead to people getting pissed off and striking back. I had it pretty good in 2006, 2007 and the first part of 2008. Now I'm in big trouble, and our president is probably going to keep me there for the foreseeable future with his messed up policies. Our country is now heading away from what was originally intended by our forefathers.

But, like has been said previously, things are not so bad that there will be a revolution, and most people are truely more worried about clothes, music and what is going on Friday night. Some dude from Scotland was saying people are more concerned about their trainers than the politics around them. Sooo true. So, I don't think there will ever be a revolution.

14. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

I vote for 2012. Why? Because 2012 is the year the mayans predicted the end of the earth and I think that end is going to be the start of a new order on earth

15. prana

prana Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  16. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

june the unrest will begin here in the states.

17. shameless_heifer

OH Crap!! Hippiehillbilly is starting the revolution in June and here I am without my gas mask. Army/Navy store here I come!! We need more ammo and gun oil. I wonder if they still have that bazooka I was eyeballing last time we were there. And I just loved them pink cammo coveralls they had with the pink laceup army boots, I wonder if the have a matching ammo bag. I looked for some in tye-dye but they didnt have any. Maybe Cinnamin could make us some. :p.

sh

18. hippiehillbilly

woe woe WOE!!!
    was just a educated guess..

dear PTB,..

i am not starting a revolution,i am not advocating civil unrest or any violence against the state or its citizens..

but you should be aware as im sure you are that many many others are..

sincerely

your begrudging slave..

19. shameless_heifer

SS I did not mean to paint a terrorist target on your forehead HHB. I WAS JUST JOKING FEDS, Good Grief, ya cant even joke around any more without wondering who will misconstrue your attempt at humor for a coded message to over throw the gov.. we dont have to over throw shit, they are doing a fine job themselves they need no help from us.

To be Prepared is not in anyway terroristic, only common sense the way things are headed now.

Again a offer my apologies to you HHB. My Bad.

live n learn
    sh

20. hippiehillbilly

its alright SH i know there was no harm intended..

i should add that being your in texas,you can expect refugees from the border in your area and full blown chaos on the border complete with military troops in combat by mid may.. your ahead of the curve..