how is 2013 going for you so far?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by broony, May 3, 2013.

1. broony

broony Banned

my first 3 months were ok..not the best. i lost it a few times...but i snapped out..

this last week and new month life been looking really good, im feeling healthy...well more then i been...getting sun on the skin...healing..don't matter who you are..

the rest of the year for me hard to say...its either travel out of country in winter and return whenever...or stay because i got the girl i been trying to get...

gonna be interesting...

i hope i get the girl then travel... it is possible

:coolgleamA:

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's hard to say. I would like to GTFO of the country, though, and meet some attractive non-American women. Some of you guys make traveling sound so easy. How the fuck do y'all do it?

3. broony

broony Banned

no debts that come in the mail

you own less so you make more by living simple.

no kids or mortgage helps

dreadlocks are best for travelers as well

4. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Yep. No bills, no property and no possessions other than clothes and toiletries help a big deal.

5. acuarela

acuarela Member

It's good. I like this year, the last two months have been great and I feel like it continues to get better. It's probably the change in weather, when the winter comes, the darkness will come back. I need to live somewhere sunnier throughout the year.

I got a raise at work, my family life is much better than it was the past two years. My social life too, I've made some great friends that I have nothing in common with, but make me laugh and are overall happy people. My daughter is so fun to be around, she'll be 4 in 5 days and it's so fun that she's in an age where we can have these great conversations. I rarely leave my house because my two favorite people to talk to are there. She's healthy and smart, her teachers where telling us how she goes into the classes with the older kids and always gets all the questions right and that she's really advanced for her age. Too bad on the tantrum side she sometimes still behaves like a 2 year old. The kid is intense.

6. acuarela

acuarela Member

You can always get yourself a mail-order-bride so the woman comes to you!

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It even makes travelling over seas easier since you could just travel to your family in law :D (thailand, russia) :p

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm doing fine by the way. Nothing special but went to some nice concerts and had some good times. Also have some good times coming so yeah... :) I'm pretty broke at the end of every month this year but it doesn't really bother me. I'm loving life. Looking forward to the next few months and that's all I need.

9. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Good on the money and traveling side. But many other things have gone worse or missing.

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Touché.

11. acuarela

acuarela Member

Yes, I've gone to two fun concerts this year too, in one of them I ended up feeling like a 5 year old. It was so great.
    Another thing that has been fantastic for my mind is the rearrangement of my room; it’s amazing how moving a couple of things changed it from a post-war zone into a Zen retreat. Everything is much lighter.

12. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

I don't want to take things for granted. I'm healthy, and my family is healthy. My kids are thriving. I've had many good job prospects. Tennis is plentiful. I'm getting sex every week. I survived a bad car crash. I have great friends. So it's important to have an attitude of gratitude.

Yet, I'm not exactly happy. I'm restless. I need a change. The best and most needed step is to get a job. I want a job. Until I have a job, I don't think I can appreciate things as much as I should.

13. broony

broony Banned

I need change as well.

I also want reward.

A sight for sore eyes...

14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I've had better years.

15. Lodog

Lodog ¿

It's too early to tell, but 2013 might be the year my hair line bites the big one.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm watching my baby boy grow. That is an amazing thing.

I've got the travel bug like the rest of you though. I am wondering how old my son needs to be to be a decent travel companion.

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

2013 is a pivotal year for me. So far it's been slow going getting things back how they "should be" (how I'd like them to be), but there has been much recent improvement and I have some pretty awesome plans for the summer. So, as long as I keep on track...doing what I'm doing and not getting lazy with it, 2013 is gonna be a great year and 2014 even better based on the 13 progress.

Of course that's only the things in my control. There are some health things that are kinda worrysome right now and actually just the fact that this year is 2013 kinda freaks me out because I hate the number 13... So, a year of caution...

18. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

pretty average, getting fed up with work, social life a bit slow, but as Dostoevsky wrote:
    the definition of a man is a creature on two legs and ungrateful, so maybe I should STFU ;)

19. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm a newly-wed and absolutely loving it,
    I quit coffee
    I started yoga
    I became a vegetarian
    I'm starting to get involved in activism.
    Life is the best it's been so far.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i keep waking up

so i guess its going good