How hippie are you quiz with points

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Mar 26, 2021.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I found this on the "Barefoot is Legal" Twitter page.

But I think I lost points for using Twitter !!!

Hippie times in the 60s that must have been wild I was a teen in the 80s

I really did like LSD, that stuff was AMAZING

No other drug can you tell a long fun story about the experience

I took cocaine or Xanax and had "Fun" No you did not really

Here is the quiz by barefoot is legal.

Is this even accurate a quiz I was not around for real hippy times but I did go to many Grateful dead shows.

THAT was fun the parking lot more then the show IMO !!!

[​IMG]

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I say going barefoot is worth 10 points. Not just one.

That means you were dedicated and gave it a shot, made it to the other side and got your natural feet back !

3. Biden'sVagina

Biden'sVagina Members

0 yassssssssss im not hippie at alllllllll :D

4. Biden'sVagina

Biden'sVagina Members

hippies dont wear masks? and are antivaxx? wtf?

etherea, Piobaire and Longstone like this.
  5. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I don't know I was not born yet for the 60s

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

But going barefoot was part of it and I get that, shoes are great big scam.

7. Biden'sVagina

Biden'sVagina Members

i like going barefoot, but just around my garden. u wanna go further tho. but i have a massive tendecy to stub my toes badly and break them soool

8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Pain is one heck of a teacher. Stubbing toes is beginner stuff. Your body mind reflexes make that not happen after a few lessons real quick.

When was the last time you stubbed a finger ?

9. Biden'sVagina

Biden'sVagina Members

hehe not for me hurt my toes like 26 times or smt. never stubbed a fnger i think...

10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I guess natures lesson kind of backfired as it inadvertently taught people to keep wearing shoes, put them back on instead of developing mind body automated coordination that prevents toe stubs

11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Oh well

I was never able to explain how that feeling of missing something goes away in time when you loose the shoes.

But in the hippie times of 60s and 70s I know that people going barefoot did not feel all awkward and missing something like when you first start.

It becomes totally natural. As natural as going bare handed.

Takes two weeks for that awkward "I am barefoot and can't" feeling to go away.

12. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Who can make a better "How hippie are you quiz" ?

I would like to see that and learn more about Hippie stuff.

13. Longstone

Longstone Members

Breastfeeding isn’t hippie, it’s recommended by the WHO, the same people who, correctly, legitimise and promote vaccination. It seems that stupid list doesn’t know whether it’s coming or going

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

can't say as i agree with about half of those as belonging there. none of the fascist ones do. but the environmental ones do. hippeis were pro environment, pro civil rights, very much pro peace and anti-war, but neutral, not anti, on size of government, just anti-anti-welfare, and anti-idological chauvanism (that is still too often passed off as conservative) that was common and current at the time.

i'll go along with computers being a better investment then either cars or television. not buying new cloths nor fallowing fassion trends.
    really getting everything that had to be bought as cheaply and second or third hand as possible. none of this 'hot topic' or even 'old navy'.
    (although back in the day affordable computers were still a future dream)

off grid sounds about right, pro simplicity sure, but not anti technologies of being able to still have refrigerators and at least one optional electrically powered entertainment device or tool.

also world beat, NOT top 40, pro mary jane of course, and its legalization, though often as an alternative to both tobacco and alcohaul.
    bare footin was popular, and even nudity to some extent, but what the hell is "go grounding" even supposed to mean?

growing your own food was a motivation for sharing a piece of land, along with building your own shelter.

just as a wild guess, whoever made that list, hadn't been born yet, watches too much television, and got what they think they know from their high school history teacher.

conspiracy theories did exist, but the were not of the same kind before ragun as after.
    they were much broader and more diverse, much less 'right' leaning, though mostly just as far fetched. also i didn't feel like people, even those who espoused them, took them anywhere near as seriously as those who have politicized them today. (many of them did come, as many still do today, from science fiction stories, people who believe or half way believe them, have never read and have almost no idea as to this being the source of their origen)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    poukepse and Tishomingo like this.
  15. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Definitely one of the sillier posts I have seen. I am as hippie as they come. I don't camp as i am an urban hippie and I wear closed shoes because I work in healthcare and i like my feet to be warm and protected. In fact, I am only barefoot in the shower or tub (and sometimes in bed). The radio is turned to NPR and the station doesn't change. If I am desperate to hear music, I will listen to one of my 1,000 phonograph records.
    I believe in male circumcisions, masks, and vaccines (did I mention I work in health care).
    How about asking more germane questions like : YOU ARE PART OF A SPIRITUAL MOVEMENT or YOU PRACTICE A FORM OF SPIRITUALITY IN YOUR DAILY LIFE? YOU BELONG TO AN ORGANIZATION THAT SUPPORTS A MEMBER OF THE MARGINALIZED IN SOCIETY? YOU STAND BY YOUR CONVICTIONS AND DON'T JUST SPOUT GIBBERISH TO SOUND COOL. YOU DON'T SHAME OTHERS. YOU ARE ACCEPTING OF PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT VEGETARIANS/VEGANS.
    This list has you listening to classic rock (radio) but not watching a television. If you want to be informed you need to have access to the media. I'm surprised it didn't mention you don't own a cell phone or computer. Ooops... then you wouldn't be able to be here...

themnax, Tishomingo and Piobaire like this.
  16. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

This poll is confusing being a hippie with being an airhead. Some hippies were indeed airheads, but the majority (the real ones, not the wannabes) were intellectuals.

I just missed the hippie era myself, but a few years ago, I lived on an island off the west coast that was home to a large number of actual 1960s hippies. Lots of draft-dodgers from the Vietnam War ended up there. Some of the smartest people I ever met. They lived as sustainably as they could, many were off-grid, some in self-built tiny houses. This list doesn't even come close to describing them.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    scratcho, Tishomingo, themnax and 2 others like this.
  17. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Forgot to mention the Deadheads.

18. history chix 72

history chix 72 Members

I always thought being a "hippie" meant embracing peace, love, non violence, being open minded and non judgment and caring about the environment, helping the less fortunate and disenfranchised and just not being a jerk. At least that is how I try to live my life. Grow my own food, read instead of watching much TV, love being out in nature, smoke my herb. I don't fit into some checklist.

19. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

I’m a Woodstock baby.

scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  20. TanekRune

TanekRune Members

11. Would be 12 if barefoot was safer. Glass in my foot or needles, etc. could potentially be debilitating.