How Have People You Opened Up To Reacted?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by NudistAtNight, Sep 28, 2019.

1. NudistAtNight

NudistAtNight Members

What kind of reception have you gotten when you told people you were a nudist?

I've only told a few close online friends, but they've all been supportive of me so far. One of them (who I consider my closest friend) even said he'd be fine with me being naked if we ever met up in real life. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later, because hanging out in the nude with a good friend sounds awesome.

2. Ace65

Ace65 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Opening up as a nudist to my family and friends is something that I just don't think I will ever do. They just wouldn't understand how someone could live this lifestyle and the inevitable ridicule that would follow wold probably destroy our relationships. Since I'm 54 now I don't foresee any future relationships with females ever coming up again which is sad because I would really love someone to share it with but I think this will be a secret I will take to my grave.

Joe90 and Joshua Van like this.
  3. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

My wife and I decided to tell our adult sons 3 or 4 years after engaging in public nudity. We actually gave them the tour of the resort we attend. After the shock of seeing the place and asking why we brought them there, we then explained to them. All were very accepting. Even our daughter in law. Our youngest too is now a member and attends often. Our middle and his wife have gone on a daily pass a couple times but live far away. Our oldest hasn't had a chance to visit but insists he will. Family rule set by the kids though.... No nudity around mom and dad.
    We also told and introduced my wifes sister and her husband. They now take several Nakation now to the resort during the year. A few friends have suspicion but never ask so we don't tell. But if asked we never deny. We toy with them about the possibility of us maybe being but they deeply I think don't really want to know the truth

Joe90 and Joshua Van like this.
  4. travelguy61

travelguy61 Members

Been a nudist almost 20 years, I told my daughter about 10 years ago, and the rest of my family a couple years ago. Daughter was Ok with it, but things seem to be ok with the rest of the family. But after a some time it changed. the family became stand offish. and are that way today. I'm not really interested in changing it to please them, I am who I am and my life style helps me every day. Tried to explain it to them and gave them books to read, but they are a very conservative group.

5. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

Just stay naked. You’ll never please family.

Joe90 likes this.
  6. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

it's never too late! Just go out and be open for new friendships! I know quite a number of people who found new love in an age of > 50. Good luck!!!

Joe90 likes this.
  7. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I have not told anyone. Only those who have been at nude or clothing optional places know. I intend keeping it that way, in part because I appreciate having places to visit where the people I meet are a separate group of people.

Joe90 and Calibabe39 like this.
  8. BalHarbourMexMom

BalHarbourMexMom Members

Most have been intrigued and curious.

Joe90 and bill697cu like this.
  9. Laker06

Laker06 Senior Member

They didn't care. I've dropped enough hints that they must have known.

Joe90 likes this.
  10. Armondo

Armondo Members

I've only told a few friends, all but one were quite accepting. The other one cut contact with us so I guess she was not that good of a friend.

Joe90 and scottdfg like this.
  11. scottdfg

scottdfg Banned

Thats sad........ People have been so brainwashed and conditioned against it.....

ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Joe90 likes this.
  12. Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've dropped a few hints casually. People laughed like I was joking. So I don't think they would react well.

Joe90 and Granite69 like this.
  13. Steveh

Steveh Members

They knew and didn't mind when they asked to see some pics of our vacation - including the nude ones of wife and I.

Joe90 likes this.
  14. Granite69

Granite69 Lifetime Member Lifetime Supporter

I never really came out as a nudist but I figure everyone knows at this point. I have my associations with the AANR and The Naturist Society posted in my profile line on my real name twitter page and like about 30 naked images a day there. I mean you’d have to be dumb not to know. If someone wants to start an IRL conversation about it with me based on genuine interest, I’m more than willing to talk about it. Not really holding my breath though.

Joe90 likes this.
  15. Steveh

Steveh Members

Some have joined with me and love it as much as I do now

16. Joe90

Joe90 Members

I told all my family a few weeks ago. They were all fine about it. I've always striped of in the house when I was by my self it felt so good and sometimes my younger sister would join me it was such a good felling and normal to us both.

Granite69 and bill697cu like this.
  17. NudistExhib

NudistExhib Newbie

really curious, thought it was a joke, weirded out

bill697cu and Joe90 like this.
  18. thesantos29

thesantos29 Pretty Hip

That's why I'm still private about it.

I question my choice of friends.

19. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Member

I gave a speech at Toastmasters about it.
    Didn't get any comments after. Sometimes people don't know when I'm being serious or not.

20. Jim270

Jim270 Members

I've had some thoughts about a couple of threads- just wasn't sure I'd really add anything. There's a Venn-diagram overlap thing going on that I can't entirely fix. But here goes... This is as good of a place as any.

I've written much of this before, so if it looks familiar it is, but not everyone reads everything so...

I have a close friend - call her Margaret. She's among the most "conservative" people you could ever know. But that could fool you, because she's not a prude and is very "liberal" in the classical sense. So when I shared several years ago that I enjoyed being nude for its own sake, she enthusiastically embraced it. She is very understanding of folks like us, and understands that we have no desire to offend others. In fact on the subject of nudist neighbors, which she does not have, she has declared that if she did, it would be up to her to not look if she didn't want to see. They'd be free to be free in their own yard. I'd say that's pretty tolerant.

My parents weren't nudists- I never saw my mom in less than a summer nightgown. But in my younger years, the carrying of the bath towel, while still nude, to the laundry room at the other end of the house was an established ritual for my dad and eventually my brother and me as well. And my brother and I were free to be nude around the house through high school and college summers. We were just free- that's all!

So when as a young adult my parents figured out that I kept an all-over tan, nothing was ever said.

But on another "forum" in response to a "when did you become a nudist" question, I gave a slightly longer description of how I always was as far back as I can recall, in view of the lack of any body shame in our three guys and a mom house. And I made the mistake of throwing in a reference that when teenage hormones did what teenage hormones do, nothing was said. Oops. Just those words that you just read got my post taken down. So go figure...

bill697cu likes this.