How has being a vegetarian change your body

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by willowbaby89, Aug 19, 2005.

1. willowbaby89

willowbaby89 Member

Well i recently became a vegetarian and noticed change in my body,I went from eating all meat,no veggies,to all fruits and veggies and alot of soy,now i notice my body is alot more lean and more toned,How was your body effected when your body made the change?Did you tone up or lose weight or has your body stayed the same?How is your overall health now compared to before??!?!?!

2. drew172

drew172 Senior Member

i dont think that i changed too much...but im still consuming quite a bit of dairy so i guess that i prolly wouldnt change a whole helluva lot

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

dont really remember since i was pretty much a kid when i switched
    so i guess i got older, lol & hairier..but dont think goin veg had any effect on that

4. Lazuli Blue

Lazuli Blue Member

I lost loads of weight but didn't get toned because I changed my diet, personally I think toning your body can only come from exercise really, 'specially yoga :)
    I'm the slimmest I've been since I was 15/16 which is very surprising, anyhoo yeah!

Soaringeagle - your dreads are beautiful!

5. Oh So strangE indeeD

Oh So strangE indeeD Member

i felt physically lighter

6. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

My eyes are brighter, my skin is clearer, i have a lot more energy and i feel lighter....I can move about more easily, and my stomachs never heavy.

Love-Maxi.Xx

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

the main thing i noticed is .. i rarely get migraines now.

i used to have them 4 to 7 days a week.. pretty much all the time.

now i get one.. maybe once every other month and i'm sure thats hormonal.

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

ya think if somone proved a link between vegheadedness and keeping hair we could woo the omnis?

9. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Well, my hair is a lot healthier for one, I haven't gained any tone, but my skin has gotten a lot smoother and tougher than it used to be. I've maintained the weight I'm currently at (135 lbs.) for my entire duration of being vegan, and I've noticed that I have a LOT more energy and sensual awareness (sight, etc.) than I used to.

I also gained 3 inches in the crotch area. Whoops, gotcha, just kidding. :H

10. ophelia68977

ophelia68977 Member

When I went vegan my frequent headaches went away. I used to get them all the time. I also smell nicer naturally, and so I dont have to shower as often as when I was omni. It's true that vegans smell good.

11. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

LMAO

------------------------

I posted a topic like this a while back, but for the fuck of it I will tell my story again :D

First of all, I notice so much more now since I got my tattoo how QUICKLY I heal from things, and how much less often I get infections. I used to get infections from cuts, scrapes, piercings...everything, so easily. My tattoo is healing literally at lightning speed.

Then there's the usual, what most people are saying... my hair is SO healthy. My hair was always breaking, and wouldn't get longer because of it... now it seems so much stronger, shinier, and thicker.

My skin is softer, I dont get zits as often or as many anymore...even during PMS. My stomach feels better, I used to ALWAYS have stomach aches... I suppose I just digest things a lot easier now days.

My nails grow SO fast. I have a horrible habit of biting at them, but they dont stay short for long at all. Not neccessarily a good thing because I hate having long nails but none the less...

I feel more alive, less tired.

My EYES look more alive, no more circles or bags under them... they actually sparkle now.

All in all Ive just dramatically improved health wise since I went vegan.

Not to mention I don't have to *diet* to stay slim like most Americans. I eat whatever I want within the vegan realm and how much I want, and dont gain an ounce from it. It's really nice to not have to constantly watch my weight.

12. .::INCUBUS::.

.::INCUBUS::. Member

When I went veggie (I'm a strict veggie, I guess thats what I'd be called) I didn't just stop eating meat, I stopped eating pretty much all junk food basicly anything that wasn't healthy.

I've always been on the slender side but I did lose some weight and I've been working out lately just trying to tone up a bit.

I feel over all, much happier, I feel healthy, I have more energy, I feel better about myself and about my cause.

One thing that really stands out is that when I was eating meat and lots of junk food my weight would fluctuate, and I would have to work out so much to try to keep it where I wanted it.

Now being veggie My weight has been the same for quite some time and I'm not wearing myself out trying to keep it there :)

I want to go vegan in the near future (it won't be hard for me being that I'm a strict veggie and I feel I'm almost there, Yay!) and I can't wait to experience the changes that will come from making the switch :)

Hikaru Zero,

Your hair is so shiny! It looks Incredibly healthy :)

13. NewAgeHippie2200

NewAgeHippie2200 Member

I am just as healthy now as I was before I became a veggietarian.

14. db3695

db3695 Member

My stomach aches have subsided.

15. Socratez

Socratez Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Oh man, where to begin.

I lost 40lbs, no migraines, feel about 10 years younger... I started feeling younger weeks after giving up meat...

On top of that, I also feel much better knowing that I'm healping both the animals, and enviornment...

16. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I'm acne-free. didnt even have to use any of that clearasil poison!

17. drew172

drew172 Senior Member

...wish that would happen for me.....hahaha...im so sad....

18. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

do you still eat dairy? i think thats the biggest cause of acne.

19. drew172

drew172 Senior Member

:& yeah....im doing my best to cut down tho....but yeah im still very guilty of that...so i guess i have no right to complain if what im eating could contribute to the problem

20. Lukus

Lukus Banned

stupidity is the biggest cause of acne

al joking aside acne is mainly caused through your own body chemistry, some people just get more acne than others! i have the same diet as my brother(we eat the same things) and i never wash my face and im clear as day then look at my brother and WOA pizza city